On xbox discord I appear as muted but actually am not

Discus and support On xbox discord I appear as muted but actually am not in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I've been using discord on xbox and for whatever reason it says I'm muted while in a call but everyone can hear me just fine, but i can get rid of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Videowiza, May 7, 2023.

1. Videowiza
    Videowiza Guest

I've been using discord on xbox and for whatever reason it says I'm muted while in a call but everyone can hear me just fine, but i can get rid of the muted sign and my voice doesn't appear on the overlay which is very obnoxious. I'm pretty sure it glitched or something when i switched discord accounts on my laptop. I was on my alternate which I keep muted and then switched to my main (The one i use for xbox) so it must've bugged or something I don't know but it's annoying and it needs to be fixed as I'm not actually muted and do not appear so to anybody but myself

:)

Videowiza, May 7, 2023
  2. XxDecent867xX Win User

I have the same problem, do you fix It cousin??
  3. DroppedDesert20 Win User

How would I go about checking that then?
  4. mckmck7 Win User

I have the same problem u.u
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hi Videowiza,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If you’re having general audio issues while in a Discord voice channel (such as unable to hear sounds, low volume, or poor sound quality), go to the following Discord support page:

Discord Voice and Video Troubleshooting Guide

Note If you experience issues being heard or hearing others, go back to the Discord voice channel you joined in Parties & chats, select Options, and then set Noise suppression to On.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. Jens Dortmann Win User

I have this same issue , it’s not an audio setting , people can hear me just fine and I can hear them just fine , it’s just visually saying I’m muted when I’m not muted , and that’s preventing me from seeing myself talk in my chat overlay while I’m gaming. It’s frustrating and we need a fix. Please HELP,
    Me too
Thema:

1. On xbox discord I appear as muted but actually am not - Similar Threads - discord appear muted

2. Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?: Is there ANY, absolutely ANY way I could possibly stream my Xbox screen to a discord call? I know that Discord only screenshares GAMES using the actual Xbox-Discord prompt, but me and a couple of...
  3. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  4. Discord audio not appearing in recordings?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord audio not appearing in recordings?: anytime I attempt to record or stream to send footage to my friend no audio from our discord vc goes into my recording, is it meant to be like that? if so will it be added in the future?...
  5. On xbox discord I appear as muted but I actually am not

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    On xbox discord I appear as muted but I actually am not: When using discord on xbox, it says I'm muted while in a call. Everyone can hear me just fine, but I can't get rid of the muted sign and my voice doesn't appear on the overlay, which is...
  6. On xbox discord I appear as muted but actually am not

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    On xbox discord I appear as muted but actually am not: After transferring my discord call to my xbox, the call says I'm muted when I'm not. Everyone can hear me and the such. So I'm not muted and I have the options to mute and unmute my mic, but no...
  7. Discord Nitro does not appear

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Discord Nitro does not appear: I saw on twitter that the discord extended its 3 month nitro promotion until 2021, I created an account on xbox, I bought the ultimate gamepass, I went on advantages but the nitro discord didn't...
  8. nitro discord does not appear in the perks tab

in XBoX on Windows
    nitro discord does not appear in the perks tab: I just bought the Xbox gamepass Ultimate but the 3 months Nitro that they had been talking about was not in the perks tab 0320cf4e-4216-4951-99cf-98b15633b6ca
  9. Discord Nitro perk doesn't appear.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Discord Nitro perk doesn't appear.: So I just bought myself the Xbox Ultimate Game Pass to get myself the Discord Nitro. But when I log in and try to claim my perk it only shows one perk Overcooked! 2 - Surf 'n' Turf. The Discord...
  10. hi i bought the game pass and when redeeming the nitro discord does not appear help me please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hi i bought the game pass and when redeeming the nitro discord does not appear help me please: hi i bought the game pass and when redeeming the nitro discord does not appear help me please 5e46a510-8718-4a40-a5ee-b6d0a4dc9326