On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...

Discus and support On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] Here is a picture. It happens with Far Cry and PuBG. Fortnite and other games work fine. abbf130c-cf13-4c1d-9e41-e0e5f7e4c654 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LickEmTwoTimes, Dec 19, 2023.

  1. On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...



    On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can... [​IMG]
    Here is a picture. It happens with Far Cry and PuBG. Fortnite and other games work fine.

    :)
     
    LickEmTwoTimes, Dec 19, 2023
    #1
  2. Adam Sheetz Win User

    On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can I fix this?

    Hi LickEmTwoTimes, my name is Adam.

    I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your Xbox Series X. Try using a brand-new HDMI cable or connecting the console to a different HDMI and testing it might help.

    I hope this helps.
    Adam.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

    Dimming while watching Netflix. Just started yesterday. Any fix for it?

    Check your TV settings: If you are using a TV to watch content on your Xbox Series X, check your TV settings to make sure that any power-saving modes are turned off. Also, make sure that the HDMI input you are using to connect your Xbox is set to a mode that allows for HDR and 4K content, if applicable.

    Reset the display settings: You can try resetting the display settings on your Xbox Series X console. To do this, go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow 4K > Allow HDR. Make sure that both of these options are turned on. Then, go to Advanced video settings > Video fidelity & overscan > Display > Calibrate HDR for games. Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your display.
  4. Seth Fournier Win User

    Hisense U7H 65” enabling of 4KUHD @ 120hz on Xbox series x

    By my research it cannot display 120hz properly. The manual deliberately avoids talking about it, and the literature keeps talking about how the panel is 120hz. This does not mean the electronics driving the display can keep up.

    according to this review it cuts the resolution in half at 120hz.

    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/u7h
    I appreciate the research you did. I’m really frustrated at this point, this being the second tv that I’ve gotten that has all the requirements to run 4k@120hz that is under 1k$ and won’t do it. Do you know what tvs will work with the Xbox one x and yield these results? Clearly it’s something in the fine print I am missing.
  5. JocularTea61261 Win User

    The game is displayed on half the screen

    Games are only displaying half screen. New cables it's connected correctly. What I'm I missing? When watching tv it's full screen..
  6. John P_14 Win User

    My Xbox Series X is zoomed in on my tv . This is not using the magnifier. Whenever I power it on a surge noise happens from the power cord to the machine .

    Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

    It sounds like you are experiencing some issues with your Xbox Series X. To troubleshoot the zoomed-in display on your TV, you can try the following steps:

    1. Check the display settings on your TV.

    - Some TVs have a "Zoom" or "Aspect Ratio" setting that can cause the display to appear zoomed in. Make sure this setting is set to the correct value for your TV.

    2. Check the display settings on your Xbox Series X.

    - You can access these settings by going to the "System" tab in the "Settings" menu, then selecting "Display & sound" and "Video output". From here, you can adjust the display resolution and other settings that may affect the display's appearance on your TV.

    3. Check the HDMI cable and port.

    - Ensure the HDMI cable is securely connected to the Xbox Series X and the TV, and that the port on both devices is free of any debris or damage.

    4. Try a different HDMI cable.

    - If you have another HDMI cable that you can use, try connecting your Xbox Series X to the TV using that cable to see if it resolves the issue.

    If you continue to experience issues with the zoomed-in display on your TV after trying these steps, you may want to consider seeking assistance from Xbox support or a professional repair service.
Thema:

On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...

Loading...
  1. On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can... - Similar Threads - series half screen

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. Left 4 Dead and Half-Life 2 won't play on my Series X and I own both disks

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Left 4 Dead and Half-Life 2 won't play on my Series X and I own both disks: I tried inserting the disks and it told me to do this this and that, I just want to play my favorite titles but they won't work 46762b55-852d-4d34-97cd-9179a8da5e5e