On the Xbox app why can I join parties on some friends but not others

Discus and support On the Xbox app why can I join parties on some friends but not others in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; The other day my friend said they were in a party, my other friend confirmed through their mobile app but when I went to check on mine I couldn't see... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Mike Baker4, May 15, 2023.

1. Mike Baker4
    Mike Baker4 Guest

The other day my friend said they were in a party, my other friend confirmed through their mobile app but when I went to check on mine I couldn't see they were in one on their profile, when I checked on Xbox I had the same problem, I'm just curious on why this happens.

Also the party was public and I only could join after receiving an invite, the party also didn't show up in the joinable friends section on Xbox

:)

Mike Baker4, May 15, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Try to have her block and unblock you as well or vice versa. If this is only happening to that one friend, there must be something going on with their profile or your profile but you have already checked everything even your privacy settings. Have her check that as well.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Yes, I was just thinking of updating the console again to see if that will help. I also do not believe this has something to do with the profile since it only happens on that one particular friend. Have your friend also add you as favorites and make sure that she has set up her notifications correctly. Have her also check this privacy link:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

Just toggle through the settings and have them set to everyone and allow all settings too.
  4. Mike Baker4 Win User

We have blocked and unblocked as well, both of our privacy settings are set to adult default
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Let's refresh the console's system cache and see if this helps refresh it.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.
  6. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have issues on joining and checking online parties.

Does this happen all the time? Or is just happens randomly? Those friends you mentioned, are they on your favorites? Try making them as favorites to see if that will help.

You may also try checking your privacy settings and make sure they are set correctly here:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

Restart your console or your Xbox app. Try checking it with other friends.
Thema:

1. On the Xbox app why can I join parties on some friends but not others - Similar Threads - app why join

2. Why is the xbox app so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the xbox app so slow?: I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a...
  3. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  4. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  5. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  6. Why is my Xbox app stuck on "Launching the Xbox App" screen on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Xbox app stuck on "Launching the Xbox App" screen on PC?: It's been stuck on this for 20 minutes now and it still won't load or open. And yes I have restarted my pc and uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. I'm also up to date on my windows...
  7. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  8. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  10. Why was I permanently banned for joining an xbox party on xbox app, connected to my work wifi?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was I permanently banned for joining an xbox party on xbox app, connected to my work wifi?: I joined my friends xbox party, and the work wifi is really laggy so i ended up leaving, it just didn’t work. Anyway, i get home and decide to play xbox but wait- i’ve been suspended?? i go to...