On PC Xbox app, I can't pass the first sign in when i launch a newly downloaded game

Discus and support On PC Xbox app, I can't pass the first sign in when i launch a newly downloaded game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I launch a newly downloaded game, i can't get pass the first sign in. It says "We couldn't sign you in to xbox live The process terminated... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rumeysaaa, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Rumeysaaa
    Rumeysaaa Guest

On PC Xbox app, I can't pass the first sign in when i launch a newly downloaded game

When I launch a newly downloaded game, i can't get pass the first sign in. It says "We couldn't sign you in to xbox live The process terminated unexpectedly" with the code: 0x0000042B. Only thread on that error code tells its about service issue but on the Xbox Live Status page only Watch Dogs 2 is down (since 7/28/2022, more than a month ago)

I can launch and play the games I previously played because they dont require me signing in. But when I download a new game from game pass I get the error.

I'm having this problem for at least two days. I tried countless things. I asked Xbox Gamers and tried all their suggestions, nothing worked.

Things I have tried (probably more because I can't remember them all)

-resetting my password

-Resetting Xbox and Microsoft Store apps.
    -Uninstalling and installing Xbox app

-Running some queries on Powershell

*Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

*Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

-Deleting gaming services from regedit

-Dns flush

-Deleting cache

:)

Rumeysaaa, Aug 30, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Rumeysaaa! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please try installing the Xbox console companion app, log out the Xbox app and restart the Pc, once done this please, log in the console companion app instead of the Xbox app, then try the games again please
  3. Rumeysaaa Win User

Hi Ricardo,
    Unfortunately it did not work. It's still giving the same error

[​IMG]
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Try this please, check that this services are enabled on your Pc

Connected User Experiences and Telemetry

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Networking Service

Press Windows Key + 'R' and type in 'services.msc', find those services and set them to Automatic, reboot, and check the game.
  5. x PAYLOAD x Win User

Game Pass on both platforms.

6. Obsessive Power Win User

Signed out of Xbox (Beta) app when restarting PC.

Hi,

I can't tell you why this is happening, I can only suggest you try resetting the app via Windows settings.

What I can tell you is that you don't actually need to be signed in on the app to play the games you've downloaded. Indeed, you don't even need the app to be running to play PC game pass games.

It's only really needed to download games and a convenient way to launch them, but it's not required to launch them.
Thema:

1. On PC Xbox app, I can't pass the first sign in when i launch a newly downloaded game - Similar Threads - app can't pass

2. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  3. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  4. I can't download games on the Xbox App with my PC Game Pass subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download games on the Xbox App with my PC Game Pass subscription: I have been trying everything I could find, changed my device's DNS server, reinstalled Gaming Services, reinstalled the Xbox App, but I still can't download any game. The installation queue is...
  5. Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?: I don't want to change my Desktop language, but I hate those cheap localized local versions of games. f645aac9-81a3-434d-abcc-ca09f3240dac
  6. Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...: [img] As I described on this question title, the app seems to be stuck on "checking updates". I have already tried everything in this list: 1) Login with same account on Store and Xbox App, make...
  7. Can't install games on Xbox PC Game Pass App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on Xbox PC Game Pass App: I have recently came to the issue of not being able to install games on the Xbox app. The cause seems to be the app not recognizing me as administrator when I am one. I have previously installed...
  8. Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC: I am unable to install anything on my app for the PC Game Pass when I try to I get this message. I go to my settings and change the drive it's installing into and nothing happens. I try to install...
  9. Xbox app is not working properly, I can't play games with game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app is not working properly, I can't play games with game pass: Hello guys, I have bought game pass and use Xbox PC to play game. Unfortunately, whenever I choose a game to install, it just indicated loading instead of install like my friend's Xbox app....
  10. Can't play xCloud games on my Lenovo Tab P11 GAME PASS App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play xCloud games on my Lenovo Tab P11 GAME PASS App: Hello! I can't play xCloud games on my Android tablet Model Lenovo TB-J606F from game pass app. Look at the screenshot bellow, as you can see, no play button, only install to. [img]...