On my Xbox series S, when I click my A button the Xbox registers that I’ve clicked it, but...

Discus and support On my Xbox series S, when I click my A button the Xbox registers that I’ve clicked it, but... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Looked everywhere, restarting it properly doesn’t work and I cant find any other solutions. a142a5e0-b560-4d9c-9484-3ca687602294 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Talfan, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Talfan
    Talfan Guest

On my Xbox series S, when I click my A button the Xbox registers that I’ve clicked it, but...

Looked everywhere, restarting it properly doesn’t work and I cant find any other solutions.

:)

Talfan, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

On my Xbox series S, when I click my A button the Xbox registers that I’ve clicked it, but doesn’t do anything unless I click it 100 times? And when I do get on to games it works fine.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In order for us to check if it's the controller or the console, do you have a different controller that you can try to use?

Also, to fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Kenmon24 Win User

1 month old xbox series x controller already unusable due to issues.

Hey there thanks so much for helping, so when I click start order on my Xbox series x on the devices site it gives the option of device or accessories… when I click controller it has 2 options for trouble shooting (I’ve done every troubleshoot imaginable), & a 3rd option as a red message saying something like click here for a replacement.. when I click it it says enter the series number and i do but it shows not registered, it then suggests to click can’t find device back on the devices page which isn’t an option anywhere and I’m back to square one. Sorry for that insanely long sentence, trying to be as detailed as possible to get your help. Thankyou infinitely
  4. Previous Crease Win User

External Storage with Xbox Series S

I’ve used the hard drives for my Xbox one but when I bought the hard drive, it said it was compatible for the series s.

The game I bought in the Microsoft store on the Xbox one. I was trying to play it on my series s.
  5. Shayul Ghul Win User

Xbox Elite Controller

So I can't actually register my controller on the link. When entering the S/N it gives an error, it appears they only allow the actual consoles to be registered as when you click on where is my S/N it shows options for consoles and the Kinect only.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Registered Devices Not Showing

So, I just tested this to see:

I registered my Series X controller.

Sure enough, it said it was registered but wasn't showing up

I then clicked "see details" on my Series X entry which took me to my Series X

I then clicked "All Devices" to take me back to the previous screen and the controller then showed up.

So, not entirely sure why it won't work for you
Thema:

1. On my Xbox series S, when I click my A button the Xbox registers that I’ve clicked it, but... - Similar Threads - series click button

2. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. I just got a new Xbox elite series 2 and the left stick won’t click in a certain spot

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a new Xbox elite series 2 and the left stick won’t click in a certain spot: If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because I play siege and I need it to aim. Do I send it back for it to be fixed or is there a way I can fix it...
  5. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  6. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power: So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the part where the ports are I noticed it when it...
  7. I am on Xbox series x and when I click the caps lock on my external keyboard it clicks a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am on Xbox series x and when I click the caps lock on my external keyboard it clicks a...: Like I said above when I click caps lock it clicks a and when I click s it turns on caps lock 9c758298-defb-4817-b23f-70ddf7e64317
  8. Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.: Hi , so my Series S randomly stopped working. Every time I try to turn it on it'll light up for a second, make a click and turn off. My first thought was cable/powerstrip, so I tried it on it's on...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...: Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is being spammed making the controller unusable, has anyone else had this issue or know what to do?...
  10. I am unable to live stream on my Xbox Series X. Gets stuck when I click on the live...

in XboX Insiders
    I am unable to live stream on my Xbox Series X. Gets stuck when I click on the live...: I have run into an issue where I am unable to livestream using my Xbox. I have tried restarting the console, Logging out and back into Twitch and it keeps getting stuck when I press the Live...