On my Xbox home screen. Why do I keep getting the question "games curated by our black...

Discus and support On my Xbox home screen. Why do I keep getting the question "games curated by our black... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'll buy a good game. Not! Because of race. 94da3583-dd79-47a9-9e85-5b6beb8a1857 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lee1987xz, Feb 10, 2023.

1. lee1987xz
    lee1987xz Guest

On my Xbox home screen. Why do I keep getting the question "games curated by our black...

I'll buy a good game. Not! Because of race.

:)

lee1987xz, Feb 10, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

On my Xbox home screen. Why do I keep getting the question "games curated by our black community?" Isn't that a stupid reason to buy something? Also, slightly offensive.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I understand where you're coming from, and it's important to consider the motivations behind the presentation of certain content. However, it's important to understand that representation and inclusivity are important for creating a welcoming and diverse gaming community. The fact that this content is being highlighted doesn't mean that you have to buy the games just because of the creators' race, but rather to bring attention to the fact that there are talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds creating great games that are worth playing.

It's up to you to decide what games you want to play based on your own interests and preferences. However, supporting and playing games created by diverse developers can help to create a more inclusive and representative gaming community.
  3. HT-NZ Win User

How do I customize the home screen with the July 2023 update?

Here is a thought (for a possible solution to this issue):

A sixth short-cut could be added to the existing five at the top of new Xbox Home Screen, to allow us to quickly access our own Home Screen display area.

Ideally, we’d like to just have the freedom to (almost) fully customise our entire Home Screen returned to us. Give us Home Screen customisation options that we had prior to the recent Dashboard UI downgrade (e.g., to be able to re-order and/or remove unwanted/unwelcome features and promotions, and to just display our own carefully curated Groups of apps and games, as we choose to display them).

These are our Xbox Consoles; these *should* be our Home Screens.
    (Just like the guy says on that 'Xbox On' video on YouTube from a couple of weeks ago... right after some blatant misinformation about how Xbox isn't "just steamrolling all over your personal preferences" - see from around 1m50s, in the 'NEW Xbox Dashboard UI - Your Guide To Everything New' video.
    And, of course, folks - comment there as you feel is appropriate).

Right now, it feels like our Home Screen has been taken away from us.

Digital Game Collectors are still collectors.
    Collectors want to display and interact with their collections.
    We always have.

We are digital game collectors in large part because that is what Xbox wanted us to be. We have played along with what they wanted for years - maybe Xbox could actually play along with what we’re wanting, now?

The new Xbox Home Screen has removed several customisation options that were ideal for digital game collectors.
    We could previously curate maybe 15 or 20 Groups of our games, arranging our game-tiles as we wished to display them, clean off any irrelevant/unwelcome mess from the lower part of our Home Screen, and then arrange our curated Groups for display in that lower section of our Home Screen.
    We used to just boot up to the Xbox Home Screen, and then simply scroll down, straight into the heart of our own carefully curated library of Xbox digital games; game tiles arranged together as we wanted to see them, in a dozen or fifteen carefully crafted Groups. (This was far less cumbersome than having to dig into menus and sub-menus.)

The beauty of being able to have your game library personally curated into 15-20 Groups arranged on your Home Screen is that you can actually enjoy it as a collection.
    You can personalise your collection, arranging and displaying it across your whole screen as you wish.
    Without the tools to display a game collection (which have recently been removed from the Xbox Dashboard), this fun part of the Xbox gaming hobby is ruined.
    So, we'd just love to have the ability to fully clean up and customise our Home Screen returned to us.

If, however, Xbox is truly adamant that the updated (abysmal and unwelcome) lower section of the Home Screen must remain in the (appalling) state that the recent update has inflicted upon Xbox gamers, then how about that alternative feature request I mentioned initially:
    They could just add another shortcut at the top of the new Home Screen.
    This new shortcut could take Xbox gamers directly to their own separate Home Screen area; call it something like ‘My Wall’, 'My Display', or 'My Collection', or something (I guess 'My Space' would not be quite right). ;-)
    They could just provide us with a blank canvas there, to fill the whole with our own Groups of games, apps, Xbox friends, etc., as we wish. Maybe even add additional customisation controls, to user-select how many game-tiles across are displayed in this space, so that tiles don't get too small to be easily visible/legible?
    But, if not that, just give us the full screen-width for displaying app/game-tiles, seven or eight tiles across.
    Allow for 25, 30, 50 Groups to be displayed, organised, and interacted with there.

That’s not quite as convenient as just scrolling down straight into our game library display like we used to do, but it’s much better than what we have now (having to click into menus and sub-menus, and having no way to arrange game-tiles to display consistently as we wish to view and interact with them - some Groups views show four tiles across; some show 5 across, but with a side-bar menu. It's just not as good as having the whole screen to display your Groups on, so let's go back to having something better available for gamers who want to use it).

With this solution, the Xbox Marketing team will still get to inflict the diarrhetic spillover from the Xbox Store all across the lower section of our Xbox Home Screens, as they apparently so vehemently desire to do.

But also; we long-term, loyal Xbox gamers would get back the freedom that we previously enjoyed - being able to arrange, display, manage and launch games from our Xbox Digital Game Libraries as we wish to.

By adding this improvement to the Xbox Home Screen, Xbox Marketing would be able to maintain the Xbox Home Screen in the new (IMO significantly downgraded) state, but also could perhaps appease all of us Xbox gamers who really dislike it intensely (or, at least, really dislike that the new Home Screen has taken away important customisation and display tools from us).

TL;DR - If we aren't going to ever be able to fully customise our Xbox Home Screen anymore, Xbox could now instead add a sixth short-cut at the top of the new Xbox Home Screen.
    This proposed new Home Screen shortcut would take us directly to a 'blank canvas' Home Screen area which we can fully customise as we like, free from any marketing/promotional material.
    Just a space where Xbox game collectors can display, interact with, and enjoy their digital game libraries, as they like. (Those libraries that Xbox has long encouraged loyal, long-term Xbox fans to build up over many profitable years.)

Everyone can actually win here, if Xbox really wants to be in this for the gamers - so, Xbox; how about it?
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Black screen on my first boot

Do you see anything at all when you press the white Home button on the controller? Sometimes when I start my Xbox One up, I get a black screen and I have to press the white Home button which will open the side bar menu. Then I press Home and it brings
    up the home screen. It's very strange but I get this black screen sometimes too.
  5. Ahmedaboouf Win User

Black screen on my first boot

Do you see anything at all when you press the white Home button on the controller? Sometimes when I start my Xbox One up, I get a black screen and I have to press the white Home button which will open the side bar menu. Then I press Home and it
    brings up the home screen. It's very strange but I get this black screen sometimes too.
    Nothing at all
  6. Hadley T Win User

How do I customize the home screen with the July 2023 update?

Yeah, it's beyond disappointing that they've still made no moves to address this issue.

Like, no one benefits from this change.
    Not Microsoft. Not Xbox Gamers.
    We're now just not going to bother scrolling down through all that rubbish on the Home Screen at all, so that whole lower area of the Xbox Home Screen has become just a waste of space.
    So, what was even the point?

Previously, we could scroll through 15-20 of our custom-curated Groups in that lower part of the Xbox Home Screen, so what was actually useful space has been taken away from us.
    It's wasted space that we would very much like to be able to make use of.
    And it makes it painfully apparent how much worse it is to have to dig through menus and sub-menus to engage with your games, when you're used to just being able to scroll through them right there on the Home Screen, with the full screen-width to array them across, and with them organised into Groups that suit your needs/preferences.
    We had an elegant way to engage with our game libraries, and it's been taken away from us, in exchange for zero benefit.

It's especially an imposition for long-term, loyal Xbox fans, who have amassed large digital game libraries.
    What the heck is the benefit of alienating your long-term, loyal fans?

Personally, every intrusive ad that pops up now just makes me less inclined to buy the promoted game.
    Games I would have been hyped for are now tainted; like, literally: "I don't want to play that game at all, because it's associated with the crappy Home Screen now."
    This has just been an exercise in negative marketing, driving consumers away from purchases they might otherwise have made.
    Unless the goal was just to annoy loyal Xbox gamers, this change has been an abject failure.

Xbox, you don't need to be like this.
    It would be so easy to fix this, and restore an enjoyable Home Screen experience to Xbox gamers.
    It's a really small ask; just give us back what we had.
    We already had it, so you already know how to provide it.

Let us display all our custom-curated Groups on our Home Screen, if that's what we want.
    Let us have a clean, tidy Xbox Home Screen, if that's what we want.
    Let us remove (or at least bury at the very bottom of the screen) all the irrelevant guff that's taking up the Home Screen real-estate that we're wanting to actually customise, if that's the experience we want from our Xbox Home Screen.

This would be such an easy win for Xbox to deliver, so what is the hold-up?
    Xbox - be better. Put this right, already.

All Xbox Gamers win, when we're all free to customise our Xbox Home Screen experience to suit our needs (like we used to be able to do).
Thema:

1. On my Xbox home screen. Why do I keep getting the question "games curated by our black... - Similar Threads - home screen Why

2. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  3. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  4. Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!: So I’ve had my Xbox X for just over a year now, since I tried to play starfield my Xbox started crashing to Home Screen. I gave up trying to play starfield tried all steps in posts I’ve seen even...
  5. Question: Home screen display ...........

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Home screen display ...........: Given I am already a Game Pass Ultimate subcriber (and have been for 3+ years), how exactly, is this useful to me? Your post editor wouldn't allow me to actually attach them(the "Image & Video",...
  6. Why is my xbox one s keeps going to the home screen when I play grand theft auto 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one s keeps going to the home screen when I play grand theft auto 5: Everytime I play grand theft auto 5 it keeps going to the home screen 0954a890-d404-4d94-9eb1-b31c4b473abc
  7. Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?: I never get kicked from GTA but whenever I start a setup it kicks me back to my Home Screen of my Xbox. 8a14ea60-e3dc-4eb2-ac6a-e38c41c13cc6
  8. Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?: Since day one I downloaded this game to my Xbox series X, it has been crashing in the same spot. Right after you make your character you head over to the airlock where the tutorial tells you to...
  9. Why can i not put the apps i want on the xbox home screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can i not put the apps i want on the xbox home screen: I hate the new system update. Maybe this is crazy but shouldn't i be able to put the apps I WANT to see on MY home screen instead of a bunch of stuff u want me to see that im not going to click on...
  10. not getting home screen update and i don’t know why?

in XboX Insiders
    not getting home screen update and i don’t know why?: I’ve had insider installed on my xbox series s for a while and i’ve had it on my old Xbox for years, and for some reason i’m not getting the home screen update. I’ve joined the preview and when i...