On my privacy settings it says I am prevented from chatting to my contacts

Discus and support On my privacy settings it says I am prevented from chatting to my contacts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; can’t soeak or anyone as my privacy settings are preventing me 46c7437f-95a7-4eb9-9ce6-a7ca3f1f9ade Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nathan RFA, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Nathan RFA
    Nathan RFA Guest

can’t soeak or anyone as my privacy settings are preventing me

:)

Nathan RFA, Jun 29, 2018
  2. parties and chat

Whenever I am in a party with friends it always says privacy settings prevent you from chatting with these people. Yet my settings are all changed to everybody

TwizzleXviper, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Chat problems

when I try talking to my friends it says change the privacy settings or I can't chat when I have the privacy settings on everyone please help me my gamertag is

Spiringduck588, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Smuroh
    Smuroh Guest

Smuroh, Jul 4, 2018
  5. Go here Sign in to your Microsoft account

If it states your are a CHILD, this will mean you have been added to a FAMILY, you will need to speak to the ADULT account so they can update your privacy settings.

Also make sure your settings are not set to fiends only, this way you would only be capable of chatting with people you have Friended.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Nov 4, 2018
  6. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Go here https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings

If it states your are a CHILD, this will mean you have been added to a FAMILY, you will need to speak to the ADULT account so they can update your privacy settings.

Also make sure your settings are not set to fiends only, this way you would only be capable of chatting with people you have Friended.
  7. Smuroh Win User

8. bowski477 Win User

It says my privacy settings prevent chat with some people

Try removing the account from the console, doing a hard reset, and then re-adding the account. See if that clears up the issue.
  9. Misses Quinzel Win User

It says my privacy settings prevent chat with some people

Hey there, ReBeLs!

It sounds like your account was suspended until the 28th, but your console suspension might have been longer. We are unable to comment on any Enforcement actions taken against accounts or consoles. If you have an active account suspension or a permanent
    suspension from within the last 12 months, you can submit a Case Review to the Policy Enforcement team. If you have a console suspension, this does not qualify for Case Review, however
    your Microsoft Account email should have been sent an email detailing the suspension information.

If you need assistance with any other support issue, be sure to post up a new detailed thread so that our community can work on helping you out. Thanks for understanding!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
  10. EventualLeek337 Win User

Chat security issue

I join a party with any of my friends and says your privacy settings prevent chat with some people go to it have it set on friends but still do sent work
Thema:

1. On my privacy settings it says I am prevented from chatting to my contacts - Similar Threads - privacy settings says

2. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  3. Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...: Can not access data center from modern warfare 3 have Xbox live gold game pass and settings are correct , please help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Store and subscriptions / Xbox Live Gold*...
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. privacy settings help for playing NBA24K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    privacy settings help for playing NBA24K: I was trying to update my son's privacy settings but figured the only way to do this would be to remove him from the family group. I think I may have removed myself in error, how do I add myself...
  6. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  7. Online Safety and Privacy setting question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Online Safety and Privacy setting question: Hello I have original Xbox one, and there are settings that are called online safety and privacy, the default is adult profile which is more sociable, since I do not play any multiplayer games and...
  8. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  9. Submit button for privacy settings keeps erroring and saying "an unexpected error occured"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Submit button for privacy settings keeps erroring and saying "an unexpected error occured"...: I recently got my account compromised in Minecraft Java while playing a minigame and got all my stuff stolen, and the people who took it still have access to my account. When I tried disableing...
  10. Why is my xbox saying I need broadcast privacy settings allowed when they already are

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my xbox saying I need broadcast privacy settings allowed when they already are: I've spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out why my xbox isn't allowing me to broadcast when I've already allowed my broadcast settings it says I may be restricted or banned but my account...