On my headset I can hear the fortnite music but I can’t hear my friends and they can’t hear me.

Discus and support On my headset I can hear the fortnite music but I can’t hear my friends and they can’t hear me. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I can hear the Fortnite music on my headset but I can’t hear my friends and they can’t hear me. I have the volume up, voice chat on, and all the... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Darren Engen, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Darren Engen
    Darren Engen Guest

On my headset I can hear the fortnite music but I can’t hear my friends and they can’t hear me.

I can hear the Fortnite music on my headset but I can’t hear my friends and they can’t hear me. I have the volume up, voice chat on, and all the settings set to allow voice chat and it still won’t work. It was working like 5 days ago and now it won’t.

:)

Darren Engen, Sep 2, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Darren, when you are playing Fortnite you've checked to see if you and your friends are in Group or Game chat, because there are differences, and if you're not in the same setting you won't hear each other.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Why can I hear my friends on my headset but they can’t hear me?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To clarify, have you tried to use a different controller or a different headset?

Also, when was the last time that it worked just fine?
  4. MichaelGuiliano Win User

Xbox headset not working with other platforms

I have a similar problem except that my my cross-platform chat simply work work. They cant hear me, I can’t hear them. I got a new headset and the problem still wasn’t fixed. I can hear other XBox players but not PS4, PC or any of the other platforms for
    Fortnite. All my settings are correct and I should be able to hear them. Maybe it’s just a Fortnite problem.
  5. infectedblack83 Win User

I can hear my friend but my friend can’t hear me in parties.

Hola espero poder ayudarte,

La entrada de los controles es de 3.5 lo cual te permite habilitar el micrófono, también podria ser una falta de actualización o que tu amigo te a silenciado sin querer.

Si ninguna de estas opciones es te recomiendo que visites este linck y con gusto podran ayudarte suerte

h//beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-xbox-one-party-audio
  6. EvanBruceAlmigh Win User

I can hear my friend but my friend can’t hear me in parties.

Hi Dogelord

Try unmute your mic while the party menu is open on the left side of the screen press y to unmute your mic
Thema:

1. On my headset I can hear the fortnite music but I can’t hear my friends and they can’t hear me. - Similar Threads - headset hear fortnite

2. How can I hear and talk to people without wearing a headset on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I hear and talk to people without wearing a headset on Xbox series s: How can I talk and hear people without actually having to wear a headset on Xbox series as digital I was playing Madden and I could hear the guy talking through my TV and he didn't have a headset...
  3. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  4. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  5. can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset: Just. bought. Razor. Wireless. HEADSET. I. HAV SERI. X. AND. A NEW. HICENCE. TV. ICAN HEAR. BUT CANT. TALK f617d3a1-280a-462c-8059-923f90c4c9f1
  6. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  7. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...: I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party a7f72a11-3710-4820-9cca-7cc18bda3662
  8. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...: The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing...
  9. Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...: Razer head set does not work on elite series 2 controller, but does on others. Running on on xbox series x I have looked through settings and restarted it. f9dba6e1-ea9f-4d98-b44b-6c2038a7d3dc
  10. Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??: My son recently got a wireless headset for Christmas (use to have a wired headset). The first headset we took back to the store because we thought it was the headset. But now that the second...