Old Xbox gamertag not accepted in Microsoft recovery

Discus and support Old Xbox gamertag not accepted in Microsoft recovery in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, Recently got my xbox 360 back from my brother. We've been trying to recover our old account for a little while since we forgot the password... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MangoPillow, Apr 7, 2020.

1. MangoPillow
    MangoPillow Guest

Hi all,

Recently got my xbox 360 back from my brother. We've been trying to recover our old account for a little while since we forgot the password the to the account email & the emailadres for getting a password reset is inactive. It seems that at some point the
    gamertags went from 16 to 12 characters. Ours was 16. & When I type it in under the "xbox gamer tag" box in the recovery sequence it says it's invalid, probably due to the change I take. I also went to check the availability of the tag, acting I was going
    to change the tag, so I typed our tag in but I was thrown the 12 character max note in red. So I'm kind of at a loss here. Am I missing something? Is there any other way maybe to try & retrieve our old account?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

MangoPillow, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

MangoPillow,

You can always try to contact support at https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us

I once lost mine and they helped me get it back. As long as you have sufficient information about the account, they should be able to recover your account for you.

Good luck!

Let me know if this helps!
  3. FreakRoach Win User

Old Gamertag Achievment Recovery

If you know the email id and password for your old gamertag then you can log in, but it is not possible to transfer achievements from one account to another.
  4. GoingInOrbit Win User

Destiny 2 back on an XBOX one, importing game tag

Technically, your "old gamertag" is an older Microsoft account. To be able to use your older profile to play Destiny 2 on Xbox One, you will need to recover that Microsoft account. Try to submit an account recovery form at http://account.live.com/acsr and
    once you do, expect to receive an email within 24 hours with an update to your recovery request.

Please visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-reset-or-recover-password for more tips
    on how to make the recovery more successful.
  5. CoDxELITE2012 Win User

Call Of Duty Elite Founder Status

I used to have it on my old gamertag but Microsoft terminated my account because they're *** they don't accept prepaid debit cards anymore and they wouldn't allow me to remove it. Its *** man
  6. Flatbac Win User

Destiny 2 back on an XBOX one, importing game tag

Technically, your "old gamertag" is an older Microsoft account. To be able to use your older profile to play Destiny 2 on Xbox One, you will need to recover that Microsoft account. Try to submit an account recovery form at http://account.live.com/acsr and
    once you do, expect to receive an email within 24 hours with an update to your recovery request.

Please visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-reset-or-recover-password for more tips
    on how to make the recovery more successful.
    GoinginOrbit;

Your advice was spot on, resolved my issue with no problem. Thanks for the help!!
Thema:

1. Old Xbox gamertag not accepted in Microsoft recovery - Similar Threads - Old gamertag accepted

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  4. how do you get an old gamertag to sync with your current email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do you get an old gamertag to sync with your current email?: So my gamertag was hooked up through my brothers email back in the day when I was much younger. with the new microsoft all encompassing ecosystem i am having quite the time finding an answer to...
  5. Apps are using old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Apps are using old gamertag: I changed my Gamertag, and it is updated on the console and on the account page of the website, but both the Xbox Companion app, and the Xbox Social app on PC are still using the old Gamertag...
  6. Gamertag still showing as old one (been over 72 hours)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag still showing as old one (been over 72 hours): In the Xbox app, my old gamer tag is showing higher then my new one, this is not the case on the website profile, but on the website profile when I go to change my gamer tag, it says my current...
  7. I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...: I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag and my new one under it. Anyone know why? 0a23cf37-917f-487e-891f-dc412c572639
  8. Xbox still shows old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox still shows old gamertag: I changed my gamertag, payed for it, and everything was fine so far. When I check my own profile it only shows my new gamertag, but when I visit my profile on a other account, it shows my old...
  9. Can't use old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't use old gamertag: When I try to change a gamertag it is said "This will replace *. Once you confirm the change, * will be available to others. So I confirmed the change and when I try to use my old gamertag on...
  10. i payed to have my gamertag chnaged but it gilitched wit my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    i payed to have my gamertag chnaged but it gilitched wit my old one: so i payed to change my gamertag a few weeks ago but it shows my new one but right above my new one it shows my old one 4502d594-93df-4d06-9f72-239bafe53806