Old Xbox account need to convert to a child account

Discus and support Old Xbox account need to convert to a child account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi my son has been for sometime using an account on the 360 that I set up before he was born. Now he is older I would like to let him use it online. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sparkymac, Jan 1, 2014.

1. sparkymac
    sparkymac Guest

Hi my son has been for sometime using an account on the 360 that I set up before he was born. Now he is older I would like to let him use it online. I have set up parental controls etc on the console but I'm not sure if or how to set it to a child account.
    One of my biggest areas I would like to control is friends requests and have mange to lock down game and content access but can't find the friends requests parental controls. Is this because its not set as a child account ?

When I login on xbox.com using my online account I see his gamer pic alongside mine in the privacy area etc but I cannot select it. Does this mean that its not set as a child account and if so how do I do this ?

Appreciate an answer on this. As a parent I a firm believer that parents should know as much as they can about these issues so that we can monitor our children's online safety and enjoyment.

:)

sparkymac, Jan 1, 2014
  2. DustinClaeys
    DustinClaeys Guest
    Child trying to join Xbox Live with existing profile

Exactly!!!

They need to update the site, because these steps do NOT work for child accounts anymore:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag

or

They need to change the way you can create a child account. They won't let you create a child account on the console anymore. You MUST go to xbox.com and create one. So those steps won't work.

My only options are:

1. convert my CHILD'S offline profile to an ADULT xbox live account

2. tell my kid's that they need to start all over

Pretty much a bunch of B.S.

And I'm told you can't convert an adult account to a child account!!!!!!

How is there not some kind of work-around for this? I'm thinking "Sony"

DustinClaeys, Jan 1, 2014
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Convert Child Account to Adult Account

What kids are allowed to access is not just set by the parents but your regions laws

ngocphi, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Old Xbox account need to convert to a child account

Log onto account.live.com and check the birthdate that was inputted. If you put in your birthdate then the account will be an adult account. At this point if you want/need to have him be a child account, you will need to create a new account with his correct
    birthdate.

Instant C1a55ic, Jan 3, 2014
  5. sparkymac
    sparkymac Guest
    Ok it is set at his correct birthday. I can also alter this as well, so not sure how that locks it down. Anyway got him online this morning on our xbox one, but he could not play online. So whilst still logged into his profile I went to the privacy and security
    settings on the console and changed the allow online play selection. Now I thought he shouldn't be able to access these settings in the console as he can change the others as well. Eg friends request etc. I thought it would require a password . So whys this
    happening ?

Before I activated his acc I sent a friend request from his profile and it asked me to verify, which is what I wanted, but if he can turn this off in the console setting under his profile then what's the point. Need to lock this down.

Basically I wanted to be able to do the following

Restrict game rated M games unless I say it's ok eg I enter a pass code and he can play them

Restrict friends requests

Restricted voice

Protect all the above from being changed by him

Thanks for your help so far

sparkymac, Oct 31, 2018
  6. sparkymac Win User

Ok it is set at his correct birthday. I can also alter this as well, so not sure how that locks it down. Anyway got him online this morning on our xbox one, but he could not play online. So whilst still logged into his profile I went to the privacy and security
    settings on the console and changed the allow online play selection. Now I thought he shouldn't be able to access these settings in the console as he can change the others as well. Eg friends request etc. I thought it would require a password . So whys this
    happening ?

Before I activated his acc I sent a friend request from his profile and it asked me to verify, which is what I wanted, but if he can turn this off in the console setting under his profile then what's the point. Need to lock this down.

Basically I wanted to be able to do the following

Restrict game rated M games unless I say it's ok eg I enter a pass code and he can play them

Restrict friends requests

Restricted voice

Protect all the above from being changed by him

Thanks for your help so far
  7. Instant C1a55ic Win User

Log onto account.live.com and check the birthdate that was inputted. If you put in your birthdate then the account will be an adult account. At this point if you want/need to have him be a child account, you will need to create a new account with his correct
    birthdate.
  8. bowski477 Win User

parent account

It is not possible to convert an adult account to a child account. You would need to create a new child account. There is no way to transfer any of the saves or gamerscore to the new account from the adult account.
  9. Smwutches Win User

X-Box GamerTag Transfer

Inborder to use parental settings, he would need a child account. Since he's on an adult account, it cannot be converted to a child account even if you changed the email. You would have to create a new child account for him and he would have to start over.
  10. DustinClaeys Win User

Child trying to join Xbox Live with existing profile

Exactly!!!

They need to update the site, because these steps do NOT work for child accounts anymore:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag

or

They need to change the way you can create a child account. They won't let you create a child account on the console anymore. You MUST go to xbox.com and create one. So those steps won't work.

My only options are:

1. convert my CHILD'S offline profile to an ADULT xbox live account

2. tell my kid's that they need to start all over

Pretty much a bunch of B.S.

And I'm told you can't convert an adult account to a child account!!!!!!

How is there not some kind of work-around for this? I'm thinking "Sony"
Thema:

1. Old Xbox account need to convert to a child account - Similar Threads - Old account need

2. I need help getting my old xbox account back without email and passwords

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help getting my old xbox account back without email and passwords: I have had this xbox account since 2019 before i moved and lost my xbox 1 but i Remebered today that it might still be up so i did some digging and saw my old account but i cant get in becuase i...
  3. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...: I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as...
  4. need help recovering an old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help recovering an old account: so I had a old xbox account that was attached to my moms work email and microsoft has stopped accepting work emails for account and when I try to sign into it it says the account doesn’t exist so...
  5. my old Microsoft account was just hacked and deleted. I need to get into my computer but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my old Microsoft account was just hacked and deleted. I need to get into my computer but...: I was trying to join a voice channel on discord not knowing it was a fake channel and they deleted my entire Microsoft account. Now I cannot log into my computer at all because they changed the...
  6. Need help signing in to an old account on Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help signing in to an old account on Xbox 360: So I recently dug out my old Xbox 360 from my garage and I really want to play some old games and game saves from when I played as a kid, however I have 2 major problems: the account I had as a...
  7. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  8. I need to get into an old account without the original email

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to get into an old account without the original email: I need to get into an old account so I can play minecraft again but after the request to reset was sent it denied me from accessing my old account and need to know how else I can get in the...
  9. I need an old account unlinked

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need an old account unlinked: I need an old account unlinked from my PSN, for Minecraft. I don’t know the login information anymore. I can provide the old Minecraft user name and psn email that linked to my PlayStation....
  10. I need help speaking to someone about accessing an old account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help speaking to someone about accessing an old account.: I tried the support options and it will not allow me to contact anyone. How do I reach someone to fix an old account? To add an edit: I was an xbox only gamer since the beginning. Somehow a...