Old xbox account gamertag change or recovery

Discus and support Old xbox account gamertag change or recovery in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I know this is kind of a long shot, but I had an xbox account named "" that I used to play on when I was younger. I only used it for Gta 5. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Hondo530F, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Hondo530F
    Hondo530F Guest

Hi,

I know this is kind of a long shot, but I had an xbox account named "" that I used to play on when I was younger. I only used it for Gta 5. I recently had to reset my console and I lost all of my login info. Today I created a new account with the same gamertag but its now #5690. I was wondering if there is a way to reset my old account gamertag so I can have the straight gamertag without the extra numbers? The gamertag is kind of sentimental to me. I read that there isn't a way to re login without the account info, shame on me for not writing it down. If anyone knows how I can recover my original gamertag that would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

:)

Hondo530F, Nov 5, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

There is no way to know the day the gamertag will be available and for security reasons, it is not possible to know the email of an account using the gamertag.

If you remember your account email, phone number or skype name you can fill in the recovery form
  3. Hondo530F Win User

Hi Samy,

it has been a while since I've been on that account. I don't remember how long. If I had to guess, it would have been created around 2016-2017. I have the account added as a friend and I still see it's there with it's original gamertag. Im kicking myself for not writing the login down! Is there anything else I can possibly due in the mean time, I really would like to get my original gamertag back?. I do not remember the email that I used, it was just a 20 minute email for time. Is there a way to change it or a way to find out what the email is? Thank you for responding.

Edit: I am now confident that the account hasn't been accessed in 5 years. Is there a way to find out the exact purge date for the gamertag?
  4. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you, mate?

The only way you can possibly get this Gamertag is after 5 years of your Xbox account inactivity. Sadly there is no other way.

''ii. Account Use. You must use your Microsoft account to keep it active. This means you must sign in at least once in a two-year period to keep your Microsoft account, and associated Services, active, unless a longer period is provided in the Microsoft account activity policy at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=2086738 or in an offer for a paid portion of the Services. If you don’t sign in during this time, we will assume your Microsoft account is inactive and will close it for you. Please see section 4.a.iv.2 for the consequences of a closed Microsoft account. You must sign into your Outlook.com inbox and your OneDrive (separately) at least once in a one-year period, otherwise we will close your Outlook.com inbox and your OneDrive for you. You must sign into the Xbox Services at least once in a five-year period to keep the Gamertag associated with your Microsoft account. If we reasonably suspect that your Microsoft account is at risk of being used by a third party fraudulently (for example, as a result of an account compromise), Microsoft may suspend your account until you can reclaim ownership. Based on the nature of the compromise, we may be required to disable access to some or all of Your Content. If you are having trouble accessing your Microsoft account, please visit this website: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=238656....;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

WHY DOES MY ACCOUNT NOT EXIST?

The hacker could only have changed your account email address and deleted the old one. If it wasn't that, you could not be able to create another Microsoft account with the same email.

And if you change a Microsoft account email address, you will not delete the Xbox gamertag associated with it.

Probably the hacker is using your account to play Minecraft. You can contact Microsoft Official support but they will tell you the same thing: the only option to recover a hacked account is by using the recovery form:

https://account.live.com/acsr

If the recovery form says your account does not exist (because the hacker changed its email address) you cannot recover it. I'm sorry about that.
  6. 98060189-bdd0-49ac-a Win User

This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.

But the gamertag that I want to change is my old gamertag. I change my old gamertag on 2 August 2020. I used that old gamertag when I create my Xbox account. At that time, the system allow me to use that gamertag. But when I want to change it back, the system don't allow me to use it. Why is this like that?
Thema:

1. Old xbox account gamertag change or recovery - Similar Threads - Old account gamertag

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag?: Is there anyway to find an email for an old account with knowing just the gamertag and password? ae8a90cd-5283-4412-a9fb-2a2f3db4e2e6
  4. Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One: XBox 360 The email account associated with my Gamertag no longer exists and don’t have access to. But I do have the password. I’m attempting to move my account on my 360 system from the old...
  5. I want to unlink my old Minecraft account on PS4, but all i know is the gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to unlink my old Minecraft account on PS4, but all i know is the gamertag.: I dont know the password email or nothing. Only the gamertag on Xbox 85b0331d-2e36-4b1f-babf-182d830a2196
  6. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  7. How can i unlink old xbox gamertag from EA account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i unlink old xbox gamertag from EA account?: Hello, My old gamertag was WriestMammal480 and i changed it with the new gamertag system for free to mata#4359. When i try to link my xbox account with my ea account i cannot. I chatted with an...
  8. My old gamertag doesn't link to my microsoft account, is there a way to do this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old gamertag doesn't link to my microsoft account, is there a way to do this?: I used a gamertag for many years, but now when I login to xbox live it takes me to my original microsoft account. How can I retrieve the data from my gamertag profile?...
  9. Is it possible to get my gamertag off of my old account and onto my new one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to get my gamertag off of my old account and onto my new one?: My old Microsoft account was hacked and suspended, I made a new account and I'd like to use my old gamertag. 7d928cfc-de5e-4dcc-ac89-22056f278ad2
  10. I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?: I was planning on making a new account and when I changed my Gamertag, my old name was immediately taken and placed on an account with 0 gamerscore. This is the second time it has happened with...