OK ZeniMax and Bethesda, come out of your shell. What's going on with the next gen release ...

Discus and support OK ZeniMax and Bethesda, come out of your shell. What's going on with the next gen release ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Here writes an Elder Scrolls lover, as well as an extreme MMORPG lover, lonely with his Xbox 1 and no Elder Scrolls MMORPG companion. After reading... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlexRROBO, Nov 26, 2014.

1. AlexRROBO
    AlexRROBO Guest

OK ZeniMax and Bethesda, come out of your shell. What's going on with the next gen release ...

Here writes an Elder Scrolls lover, as well as an extreme MMORPG lover, lonely with his Xbox 1 and no Elder Scrolls MMORPG companion. After reading tons of reviews (good and bad) about the PC version, and hearing about the 6 month delay on the next generation
    console edition almost 6 MONTHS AGO, there has yet to be a confirmed release date.

So now, as a console gamer (PC gaming is too costly and I love xbox, when there are games to play...), I am asking for the developers to come out and make a statement! I know I am not the only one who has wanted to, or already has, pre-ordered this game.
    If there was a specific date that they could tell us (I don't care if it is a year from now...) then tell us! This is getting ridiculous, I already know I am about to incur the ridiculous $15 monthly fee, along with the pricey game itself, so the least you
    could do is tell me when I am going to empty my pockets into your coffers!

So come on ZeniMax and Bethesda, pull up your britches and tell us what is going on. I can't find any information anywhere: nothing on your website, nothing on your social media accounts. You're shying away from the crowd, the fans, and the ultimate question:
    When will ESO be released on the next gen consoles!?!?!?

Sincerely,

An Extremely Aggravated Elder Scrolls Fan

:)

AlexRROBO, Nov 26, 2014
  2. Photonimus
    Photonimus Guest
    Skyrim Co-op: Would that ever be possible or is the world too vast?

Technically it's still with Bethesda. It's being done by Zenimax, and Bethesda is a sub company of Zenimax. So technically it's the other way around. Zenimax had given the control to the Bethesda department for development of the games over the years.

Photonimus, Nov 26, 2014
  3. Dillema

I read that Zenimax was publishing ESO because they do the MMOs which Bethesda does not, thus freeing Bethesda to work on the next great iteration of whatever.

The Lady Bastet, Nov 26, 2014
  4. OK ZeniMax and Bethesda, come out of your shell. What's going on with the next gen release ...

I see this is an older thread, but I thought I would leave this info anyway. In case anyone missed the update on the ESO site specifically addressing the console release, it's worth checking out. Not a lot of specifics, but it's quite clear that the game
    isn't in some kind of development purgatory, and is still on track for a 2015 release.

The Road Ahead - December 4

TEXT FROM THE POST:

As I’ve mentioned, we have been (and will continue to be) steadily working on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of ESO. They are playable and fun right now, but there's still some work to do before we can set an official launch date. First and
    foremost, we want to make sure that two of our most important systems still in development—the Justice and Champion Systems—are included in the console release. Those two systems will introduce a huge amount of content to the game, and we know everyone is
    looking forward to the new types of gameplay they provide.

It’s also important to note that the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of ESO are not just ports of the PC/Mac game. We have completely replaced the PC user interface with a console-specific UI designed from the ground-up with a controller and a living
    room play experience in mind. We’ve also added voice chat and full integration with XBL and PSN. Expect to see lots of news about our console versions in early 2015.

Dance CaravanDJ Service, Jan 15, 2015
  5. here it all is - forums.xbox.com/.../1909205.aspx

NewBlacksmurf, Nov 1, 2018
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

OK ZeniMax and Bethesda, come out of your shell. What's going on with the next gen release dates?

here it all is - forums.xbox.com/.../1909205.aspx
  7. Dance CaravanDJ Serv Win User

OK ZeniMax and Bethesda, come out of your shell. What's going on with the next gen release dates?

I see this is an older thread, but I thought I would leave this info anyway. In case anyone missed the update on the ESO site specifically addressing the console release, it's worth checking out. Not a lot of specifics, but it's quite clear that the game
    isn't in some kind of development purgatory, and is still on track for a 2015 release.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/12/04/the-road-ahead---december-4

TEXT FROM THE POST:

As I’ve mentioned, we have been (and will continue to be) steadily working on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of ESO. They are playable and fun right now, but there's still some work to do before we can set an official launch date. First and
    foremost, we want to make sure that two of our most important systems still in development—the Justice and Champion Systems—are included in the console release. Those two systems will introduce a huge amount of content to the game, and we know everyone is
    looking forward to the new types of gameplay they provide.

It’s also important to note that the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of ESO are not just ports of the PC/Mac game. We have completely replaced the PC user interface with a console-specific UI designed from the ground-up with a controller and a living
    room play experience in mind. We’ve also added voice chat and full integration with XBL and PSN. Expect to see lots of news about our console versions in early 2015.
  8. Sir Saxon Win User

E3 Wishes?

I don't think we're be seeing an elder scrolls game just yet, what with ESO being released last year, and zenimax and bethesda being in the same stable, plus the ESO console release is next month. They might want to milk ESO for a while :)
  9. StarScream 22 Win User

Actually no. A parent/Subsidiary relationship does not mean the two companies are the same, they remain separate entities. Zenimax being Bethesda's parent company means that it holds majority stake in the Bethesda. Sure, Zenimax does hold power over Bethesda
    because of it's controlling interest in Bethesda board of directors, but Zenimax's control only extend to what is voted on by the board. Assets owned by Bethesda remains Bethesda, It'll only change if Zenimax buys out Bethesda and merges with them, creating
    one company.

Now with ESO, it is being developed under Zenimax's name not Bethesda. So it is Zenimax's developers that are well, developing it. Bethesda has no control over the developers because the developers are employees of Zenimax.

Zenimax brought the license for a online multi-player Elder Scroll game from Bethesda - so I would say that as long as Zenimax holds that right, Bethesda probably does not have the legal right to create a co-op Elder Scroll game at all. the most they could
    probably legally get away is a same-console split screen and I would even be surprised if that would be allowed.
  10. Photonimus Win User

Technically it's still with Bethesda. It's being done by Zenimax, and Bethesda is a sub company of Zenimax. So technically it's the other way around. Zenimax had given the control to the Bethesda department for development of the games over the years.
Thema:

1. OK ZeniMax and Bethesda, come out of your shell. What's going on with the next gen release ... - Similar Threads - ZeniMax Bethesda shell

2. xbox oyun studiolarının ve bethesda ile Activision Blizzard oyunlarının eski ve yeni...

in XboX Insiders
    xbox oyun studiolarının ve bethesda ile Activision Blizzard oyunlarının eski ve yeni...: bir isteğim olucak eski xbox,bethesda,activison,blizzard ve diğer xbox studiolarının yapdığı oyunlara türkçe desteği getirirmisiniz oynamak istiyorum ancak ingilizcem yetersiz olduğun'dan oynarken...
  3. Bethesda

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bethesda: How can I unlink a Bethesda account it's.not my main one and it's unverified and I can't verify it as the email doesn't say. Com at the end trying to contact support is a nightmare...
  4. Can I play pirates of the caribbean by Bethesda on xbox series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play pirates of the caribbean by Bethesda on xbox series x?: Can I play pirates of the caribbean by Bethesda on my Xbox Series X? And or will do a remake for xbox series x? Thanks. f5703c8a-d231-4100-8bf9-bc772f293ae8
  5. I am not able to purchase ESO crowns. I checked with Bethesda/Zenimax and my account is in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am not able to purchase ESO crowns. I checked with Bethesda/Zenimax and my account is in...: I am not able to purchase crowns for ESO. I checked with Bethesda/Zenimax and my account is in good standing. Microsoft is saying there is a problem processing my payment? I have money in my and...
  6. Zenimax and Microsoft

in XBoX on Windows
    Zenimax and Microsoft: Untitled Jan 31, 2022 Hi my name is Jacob Edward mchardie and i desperately need someoneshelp please now before you just ignore me and consider not helping meplease at least read my story i...
  7. is Ubisoft really pulling a Zenimax with purchased games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    is Ubisoft really pulling a Zenimax with purchased games?: so as some perspective for those who dont know what "pulling a Zenimax" is, its where a game company makes a game and gives it DLC that can be purchased outside the game, then sees that Xbox...
  8. Zenimax Forums and other issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zenimax Forums and other issues: Hello fellow ESO folks, I would like to see if anyone else is having the same issues I am. I have tried numerous times to post in the support section of the zenimax website to only have it tell me...
  9. Xbox One Known Issues - per Zenimax Online (link and details)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Known Issues - per Zenimax Online (link and details): ESOTU Console Launch - Known Issues "ZOS_GinaBruno;173858"]Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on Xbox One and PS4! Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on...
  10. Zenimax files "Nuka Cola" trademarks, reignites Fallout 4 speculation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Zenimax files "Nuka Cola" trademarks, reignites Fallout 4 speculation: Don't break our hearts again, internet Xbox Games, News & Reviews | GamesRadar+ 6aaec587-b4b6-4f12-a8f6-0d419876a1bf