OK to disconnect Xbox One from power source each day after using it?

Discus and support OK to disconnect Xbox One from power source each day after using it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have a question. My Xbox One, like my TV, is connected to a power strip with an on/off switch. I always switch the power strip off after playing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ForestTroll05, Jan 6, 2014.

1. OK to disconnect Xbox One from power source each day after using it?

Hi,

I have a question. My Xbox One, like my TV, is connected to a power strip with an on/off switch. I always switch the power strip off after playing on my Xbox to save energy ( to avoid having my TV and my Xbox One in standby mode and consuming energy), thereby
    disconnecting the Xbox One from the power grid. Is it ok to do so or can it damage my Xbox One?

:)

ForestTroll05, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Can't connect to my wireless network from my xbox one.

Hello!

I would recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps, and see if it works after each one.

1. Hard Reset the Xbox

2. Reboot all of your Networking Equipment

3. Power off & Disconnect your Xbox from power for 30 seconds, plug back in & power back on

4. Change the Wireless password to a new one & try it

Tormaz, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Brand new Xbox one - don't turn on after first update and starts everything over and over

Hi!

This is a brand new Xbox one, and the second Xbox one of house. After plug everything and turn it on, choose language and setup wifi, the first update starts and finish ok. when Xbox try to reset, it never turn on and the power button don't works anymore.
    after that, the power led turns orange. if I unplug the power cord, I can turn it on again, but the initial setup starts from begining (language, wifi setup, dowload,update, reset) and the console turns off and don't turn on again without unplug the power
    source.

I already tried to change the power source from my other Xbox one, but everthing happens the same way.

Some idea?

Luiz

empadaogoiano, Jan 6, 2014
  4. BwA Splatmat
    BwA Splatmat Guest

your xbox one should be pluged directly into the wall, not a power strip at all

BwA Splatmat, Jan 6, 2014
  5. BwA Splatmat
    BwA Splatmat Guest
    but yes its ok to power it completly down every day

6. That's not possible, I have only one plug in the wall. I couldn't even connect my Xbox and my TV at the same time without a power strip.

7. By the way, I'm not using some cheap power strip made in China, I'm using a Brennenstuhl Premium power strip made in Germany, so I think it should work fine even with high end devices (even my power guzzling high end PC also works fine with it).

So I guess my question is answered then, I can power down completely every day.

8. Jon - G35Guy
    Jon - G35Guy Guest

I would say yes, and it *should* be plugged into a surge protecting power strip.

Jon - G35Guy, Jan 6, 2014
  9. BwA Splatmat
    BwA Splatmat Guest
    xbox one takes a good bit of power and is recremended without a power strip according to microsoft, and has a built in protector in the power brick

10. BwA Splatmat
    BwA Splatmat Guest
  11. They probably recommend that because some people plug their washing machine, vacuum cleaner and what not into the power strip, which may not be a quality power strip to boot. However my power strip is cleared for 3500 watts and my Xbox One uses about 120
    watts max and my TV about 50 watts so that's 170 watts total and 3300 watts to spare. I think there should be absolutely no problems there. If I wanted I could even connect my PC which uses about 750 watts at the same time, but I don't OK to disconnect Xbox One from power source each day after using it? :)

ForestTroll05, Oct 31, 2018
  12. ForestTroll05 Win User

By the way, I'm not using some cheap power strip made in China, I'm using a Brennenstuhl Premium power strip made in Germany, so I think it should work fine even with high end devices (even my power guzzling high end PC also works fine with it).

So I guess my question is answered then, I can power down completely every day.
  13. BwA Splatmat Win User

your xbox one should be pluged directly into the wall, not a power strip at all
  14. ForestTroll05 Win User

They probably recommend that because some people plug their washing machine, vacuum cleaner and what not into the power strip, which may not be a quality power strip to boot. However my power strip is cleared for 3500 watts and my Xbox One uses about 120
    watts max and my TV about 50 watts so that's 170 watts total and 3300 watts to spare. I think there should be absolutely no problems there. If I wanted I could even connect my PC which uses about 750 watts at the same time, but I don't :)
  15. BwA Splatmat Win User

xbox one takes a good bit of power and is recremended without a power strip according to microsoft, and has a built in protector in the power brick
  16. BwA Splatmat Win User

but yes its ok to power it completly down every day
Thema:

1. OK to disconnect Xbox One from power source each day after using it? - Similar Threads - disconnect power source

2. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  3. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  4. Xbox power button flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power button flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi disconnects: Xbox power button begins flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi and all attached devices disconnect, then after a full minute it fully turns off and nothing will be on the screen but the light remains...
  5. My XBOX 360 freezes and does not turn off unless i disconnect power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX 360 freezes and does not turn off unless i disconnect power: Hi I've recently been having a problem where on my XBOX 360 while playing a game the entire game and console will freeze and nothing will work. The Audio still works like when I play GTA and this...
  6. Controllers (inc. RB4 equip.) disconnect, Xbox One doesn't power off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers (inc. RB4 equip.) disconnect, Xbox One doesn't power off: I've had Xbox One for two years now (almost to the day). Around March 2017, my wireless controllers started disconnecting, then reconnecting after a few minutes or less. This includes the Rock...
  7. Controllers disconnect randomly even after power off and no interference close.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers disconnect randomly even after power off and no interference close.: Hi, My Xbox One console drops both of my Elite and standard wireless controllers, both have the same issues. The controller disconnects mid raid etc, 10-20 seconds later it connects, then can...
  8. Constant freezing, have to disconnect power cord.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant freezing, have to disconnect power cord.: Even though you can basically windows down on the Xbox One, there are certain instances where pressing the dashboard button on your controller in attempt to use an app or invite a friend will...
  9. Constant freezing, have to disconnect power cord.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant freezing, have to disconnect power cord.: Even though you can basically windows down on the Xbox One, there are certain instances where pressing the dashboard button on your controller in attempt to us an app or invite a friend will cause...
  10. Hard line Power Disconnect your only Choice?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard line Power Disconnect your only Choice?: For some reason my X1 sometimes will not load BF4, will continually go back to home screen. Also the tv will not always turn on when everything else does and the cable box, even though it is on,...