(OG) Xbox one pops and stops working after connecting the hdmi to a laptop

Discus and support (OG) Xbox one pops and stops working after connecting the hdmi to a laptop in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Back in 2015 my dad bought an Xbox which was the quantum break bundle, I unboxed it and set it up but we didn't buy those modern TVs and we had like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by something_722, Jul 12, 2021.

1. (OG) Xbox one pops and stops working after connecting the hdmi to a laptop

Back in 2015 my dad bought an Xbox which was the quantum break bundle, I unboxed it and set it up but we didn't buy those modern TVs and we had like old ones. My dad decided to connect it to his laptop but once he did, the Xbox one made a pop sound and stop working. It couldn't turn on no matter how I tried (I was kid so I didn't know what to do) it never worked so we just left it in the old house ever since. 6 years past, today I'd go back and retrieve the Xbox one to find and fix it. It might be very dusty but I will deal with that one. I will update if retrieved it report any things I spotted.

:)

something_722, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Echo4Ent Win User

Xbox One with Laptop connecting

No, do not connect your Xbox One HDMI out into your Laptop HDMI out port.

If your laptop and Xbox are on the same network, then you can stream the Xbox to your PC with the Xbox App.
  3. Gimpy_P Win User

hooking up windows 10 laptop to xbox one x

Plug the HDMI cable into both your Xbox and your laptop. If your laptop doesn’t have an input port, you can buy a USB HDMI adapter. Then turn your Xbox on. Your laptop should automatically sense the new input.
    If it doesn’t, access your laptop’s graphics settings in order to switch the display to your Xbox. After that, check the Xbox display settings and configure the resolution for your laptop.
    I already plugged the hdmi cord into the laptop and xbox, I tried switching the display to ur xbox but I cant find it

So, your laptop has two hdmi ports, one for input, one for output? Most laptops only have an hdmi output.

As for the "to continue..." message, I've gotten that connecting to the xbox via the app and streaming to my PC, to correct it I had to sign out of the app and do a hard shutdown of the console and log my profile out and back in.
  4. Deth WeaveL Win User

Xbox makes a loud buzzing sound

Sorry for how long it took to respond, my xbox is set to stereo uncompressed under hdmi audio. The sound only happens right after the xbox logo pops onto the screen after a reboot and stops as soon as the dashboard pops up.
  5. Ryu Hayabusa KT Win User

Displaying an Xbox on a laptop

Hello,

The Hdmi port on a laptop is HDMI OUT (used to connect your PC to a TV) .

There are acquisition boxes that plug into the USB port. They are in HDMI IN so it will work.

You can also stream your games from the Xbox App on your laptop. It works very well.

Cordially

Ryu
  6. Megan nevin Win User

Xbox series x no signal

My laptop works when connected by hdmi and my ps4 it's the xbox I'm having issues with
Thema:

(OG) Xbox one pops and stops working after connecting the hdmi to a laptop

1. (OG) Xbox one pops and stops working after connecting the hdmi to a laptop - Similar Threads - pops stops working

2. Can you add the pop player app on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you add the pop player app on xbox: Hey xbox can you please add the pop player app on microsoft store please 362c070b-c143-4730-97c9-38c8f9805a36
  3. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  4. Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...: Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a screenshot of the issue but it won't let me send it and the problem is on the app on my computer!...
  5. I have a network setup it pops in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a network setup it pops in and out: What does it mean when it says a network is not setup but I have one setup? 317bffea-92f9-42bb-b48e-6a7f41161174
  6. How do I stop the pop-ups that happen while I play a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I stop the pop-ups that happen while I play a game?: Going to the achievement tab and Turning of achievements does NOT work. The still popup Whenever I complete a mission or something else important I guess. I have been to the settings and turned...
  7. is there a way to stop the digital keyboard from popping up

in XBoX Accessibility
    is there a way to stop the digital keyboard from popping up: when im doing something on xbox that requires typing and im playing on keyboard and mouse is there anything i can do to get the keyboard for controllers to not pull up because its kinda annoying...
  8. Series X: How do I stop these $5 pop ups?

in XboX Insiders
    Series X: How do I stop these $5 pop ups?: Today I started getting pops trying to convince me to spend my reward points on a $5 gift card. One every so often wouldn't be bad, but I've gotten 20 today so far. I got 5 in a 10 second period;...
  9. How to stop notification pop-ups for a person no longer on your friends list? What am I missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop notification pop-ups for a person no longer on your friends list? What am I missing: Hello, What am I missing here? How do I stop the pop-up notifications from a person that's no longer on my friends list? I've removed the friend from my friends list. I blocked & muted the person...
  10. stop the new what deck pop up when finish a game, my settings are already saved this is ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    stop the new what deck pop up when finish a game, my settings are already saved this is ...: today you started a what deck pop up at the end of each game, I have all this set in settings, this pop up is useless and irritating I just want to play solitaire as I have it set, don't care...