Odd noise coming from controller.

Discus and support Odd noise coming from controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently noticed that my XBox One S controller has been making an odd noise. It's a faint, somewhat high pitch noise. It seems to be coming from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Doh Ray Egon, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Doh Ray Egon
    Doh Ray Egon Guest

I recently noticed that my XBox One S controller has been making an odd noise. It's a faint, somewhat high pitch noise. It seems to be coming from the area of the headset jack.

This noise is only present when my controller is directly hooked up to my XBox One S using my charge and play cord. When using only batteries, the noise is not present. Also, when I plug in a headset, the noise goes away. I have
    also tried one of my older controllers, and it doesn't make a noise at all.

Other than this odd noise, the controller still works perfectly fine.

What could be causing this noise, and does this mean my controller may already be on it's way out? (Keep in mind I haven't been using this controller very long. Maybe about 2 months.)

:)

Doh Ray Egon, Oct 23, 2017
  2. lachrymotion
    lachrymotion Guest
    Strange Noise ....

Yes, I'd also like to know where the sound is coming from.

That sounds extremely odd if itself is coming from the Xbox itself. Try and track the noise to see exactly where it's coming from.

lachrymotion, Oct 23, 2017
  3. bigbenx88
    bigbenx88 Guest
    Crackleing sound

So the sound only happens while you're playing games? Is it coming from your ODD (Optical Disc Drive) or does it happen with digitally downloaded games as well? Or is the crackling noise coming through your speakers as if it's coming from the game audio?

Let me know.

bigbenx88, Oct 23, 2017
  4. lachrymotion Win User

Strange Noise ....

Yes, I'd also like to know where the sound is coming from.

That sounds extremely odd if itself is coming from the Xbox itself. Try and track the noise to see exactly where it's coming from.
  5. Cerebral Paul Win User

Weird goop on back of disc

Hopefully whatever the goop was didn't get passed to an area in the drive that will affect functionality. Keep an eye out for odd noises or smells coming from the Xbox.
  6. bigbenx88 Win User

Crackleing sound

So the sound only happens while you're playing games? Is it coming from your ODD (Optical Disc Drive) or does it happen with digitally downloaded games as well? Or is the crackling noise coming through your speakers as if it's coming from the game audio?

Let me know.
  7. Broletariat90 Win User

Odd Noise

Thanks for the help, I guess I'll just live with it since I haven't noticed any errors or anything harmful.
  8. Mister Fitzer Win User

Odd Noise

It sounds like these are the fans. You can try installing games to the HDD, to reduce noise produced by the console during play.
Thema:

1. Odd noise coming from controller. - Similar Threads - Odd noise coming

2. Odd issue with pc app game and external hard drive.

in XBoX on Windows
    Odd issue with pc app game and external hard drive.: My hard drive started to click so I got an external to save some of my data but right after putting state of decay 2 on the external I was told I can copy my current drive to the external and use...
  3. Why can't log in to my Microsoft account on my ps4 for some odd reason?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't log in to my Microsoft account on my ps4 for some odd reason?: I'm trying to play and connect to my Microsoft account because for some reason i got logged out, so i tried logging with my email but it just tells me "there is a account on here already" i used...
  4. MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 BEHAVING ODD.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 BEHAVING ODD.: MY MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 IS BEHAVING ODD. WHEN I GO INTO AN AIRCAFT COCKPIT, THE ENTIRE VIEW IS SPINNING ANTI CLOCK WISE AND CAN'T SEEM TO STOP IT. ANY IDEAS PLEASE? ***Moved from Windows...
  5. Odd FPS fluctuation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Odd FPS fluctuation: When playing Forza Horizon 3, My FPS consistently moves from 144+ to 60. every half second it drops and goes back to 144+. It makes Horizon 3 unplayable. The game keeps slowing and speeding up. Im...
  6. New Xbox one s making odd crackling noise from the back left side. Is this normal.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one s making odd crackling noise from the back left side. Is this normal.: I just bought an xbox one s and it is making a crackling noise from the back left side . It is quite loud and really annoying. I would like to know if its normal or defective . It it is defective...
  7. My xbox one fan is making an odd loud noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one fan is making an odd loud noise: What would the cause be of my xbox one(original) fan to mess up? Just dust and clutter, my xbox fan getting old, and/or me leaving the xbox plugged in while off all the time (my mom claims i...
  8. Odd clicking noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd clicking noise.: I've had my Xbox One since January and It's been powered on near enough constantly due to having my TV connected to it, I've not had a single problem with it until I inserted the Forza Horizon 2...
  9. Xbox 360 S Making Odd Noises During Game Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S Making Odd Noises During Game Play: Hey guys! I have been struggling to find the problem with my console. Whenever I play a game it will randomly make these loud annoying noises that seem to echo. It sounds like a loud echoing gun...
  10. Odd noise when turning console off/on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd noise when turning console off/on: Since that last update this has been happening. It sounds like the optical drive is checking for a disc or something, but I don't have one in, and the sound is totally new as well. It sounds like...