Odd happenings

Discus and support Odd happenings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, first, I turned on my Xbox and was unable to use the controller I normally use, it wouldn't connect to the Xbox but was on and had plenty of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JLtheStoneWall, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Odd happenings

So, first, I turned on my Xbox and was unable to use the controller I normally use, it wouldn't connect to the Xbox but was on and had plenty of battery life. I later fixed this by simply swapping the batteries.

Secondly, I put in a game disc (CoD4) and it came up as "Play DVD" instead of the game it was. So I put in another game (Blops 2) and it read that rightaway and played it just fine. I then put CoD4 back in, and it read it just fine as the game it was, and
    plaeyd it just fine. So I'm wondering if these are one-off glitches...or not.

:)

JLtheStoneWall, Jan 7, 2014
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Odd happenings with my Xbox One.

This issue may be caused by impending update files. To solve the issue try this:

Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

M3tal Daz3, Jan 7, 2014
  3. Odd happenings with my Xbox One.

So, ever since I installed the August update for my Xbox One, something strange has been taking it. While I'm playing any game, my console will suddenly revert back to the home screen, or prompt up the shut off power options, and vice versa. I was playing
    Rockband 4 today, and it went back to the homescreen while I was playing a song, also as if I had pressed the Xbox button to get to the homescreen. However, the weird thing is, I didn't. The Xbox has also been turning itself on, like I would hold the Xbox
    button, though I haven't been. This has been happening since I updated the Xbox on August 9th. Is someone else having this problem? What are my options? My last resort is to get the warranty, because I've only had the Xbox One for a month and a half. (around
    June 30th). Please help!

UsualPlatypus0, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Odd happenings

Either glitches or the 1st signs of a console hardware issue

The Viral Cyrix, Jan 7, 2014
  5. Huh. Well if it's the latter I still have plenty of time for my warranty.

6. I agree with viral - with the addition that the "play DVD" problem could be a dirty or damaged lens (of course it could also be a few other problems as well, such as a scratched or dirty disk). The problem with the controller connectivity could be low charge
    batteries, a damaged/malfunctioning wireless receiver chip, short in the controller MO, short in the xbox MO, Damaged/Malfunctioning wireless receiver/transmitter in the xbox itself, or external electronic interference.

Patrick Stewart-A1E0B411-09F9-4BEE-A744-0C99804B58, Jan 7, 2014
  7. The CoD 4 disc is actually very scratched up, or atleast looks it, though it's always played fine, so I assume it's probably that.

8. Odd happenings

Yeah if the game is noticed but isn't noticed as a game, it'll sometimes show up as a DVD. This has happened to me before. Sometimes I would get a play game instead of play "Black Ops" or something like that. Usually just clean the disc and try again. It's
    probably nothing.

Dr Black Bones, Jan 8, 2014
  9. I was just able to put it back in and have it read fine, I assume I put it in in just the right way for it to read a particular scratch. Thanks for the replies.

JLtheStoneWall, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Dr Black Bones Win User

Odd happenings

Yeah if the game is noticed but isn't noticed as a game, it'll sometimes show up as a DVD. This has happened to me before. Sometimes I would get a play game instead of play "Black Ops" or something like that. Usually just clean the disc and try again. It's
    probably nothing.
  11. JLtheStoneWall Win User

Odd happenings

The CoD 4 disc is actually very scratched up, or atleast looks it, though it's always played fine, so I assume it's probably that.
  12. JLtheStoneWall Win User

Odd happenings

Huh. Well if it's the latter I still have plenty of time for my warranty.
  13. JLtheStoneWall Win User

Odd happenings

I was just able to put it back in and have it read fine, I assume I put it in in just the right way for it to read a particular scratch. Thanks for the replies.
  14. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Odd happenings

Either glitches or the 1st signs of a console hardware issue
Thema:

Odd happenings

1. Odd happenings - Similar Threads - Odd happenings

2. Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd: My xbox 360 turns on green then after min or show starts flasing red more than 10 times then shuts off Had it in same spot as always... suddenly started yesterday...
  3. Xbox One odd noise - HDD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One odd noise - HDD?: So, I actually still have an original Xbox One 1TB console and it's still running strong! However, just today it's making noises when the next section of a game is loading, (I'm currently...
  4. Odd controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd controller issues: Hi, I'm experiencing a strange issue with my controller while playing PC Gamepass games. The first time I boot a game up and connect my controller (wirelessly) it works absolutely fine. I will...
  5. Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller: Often I have a crackling sound coming from the headset and I have concluded it’s coming from the controller because I have plugged in a different headset and that did not solve it. I am unsure...
  6. Newer 4K disc compatibility issues - Skip Ahead problem or ODD limitation?

in XboX Insiders
    Newer 4K disc compatibility issues - Skip Ahead problem or ODD limitation?: Per the title. Recently the family & I have been watching more movies due to the summer break from school. Every Blu-ray we've played has worked fine. However, it seems that 4K movies are...
  7. Hello Microsoft! I have an odd situation, Please help! :0

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Microsoft! I have an odd situation, Please help! :0: Hello Microsoft, My name is Noa and I use your services at home but particularly for gaming. I know what you're thinking but theirs not much I can do on the Xbox site. when I try to sign in on...
  8. my xbox one's left thumbtack is acting odd

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one's left thumbtack is acting odd: what I mean is sometimes when I try to move my character forward in game I go full up for normal movement and it sometimes thinks im moving the stick slowly like I want to walk slowly is this a...
  9. forza horizon 5 isnt showing up in group posts for some odd reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 isnt showing up in group posts for some odd reason: i know that it could be due to out of date version but everythings up to date so i dont know what the issue is fd9f74ad-cf27-4d99-9635-40358ddd4751
  10. For some odd reason when i try to launch MW 2019 and MW 2 2022 it says 'syncing data' so i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some odd reason when i try to launch MW 2019 and MW 2 2022 it says 'syncing data' so i...: [img] I dont know why it is doing this 5f40d2cb-9209-4550-bd32-0e380fa4fa96