Oculus Quest/Rift on Xbox

Discus and support Oculus Quest/Rift on Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; VR for Xbox would be amazing! I just hope it doesn't get abandoned like the Kinect. They would need to release some good games for it.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fos, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Fos
    Fos Guest

VR for Xbox would be amazing! I just hope it doesn't get abandoned like the Kinect. They would need to release some good games for it.

:)

2. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Minecraft Windwos 10 ( Oculus Store ) Nur Testversion[Minecraft Windows 10 is asking to be repurchased and not recognizing purchase entitlement.]

[Associate is using a translator application. Please be aware that poor grammar and incorrect syntax may occur]

Hi JanHerrman2,

Thank you for confirming this for me. I will reach out to the Minecraft team to verify if the Oculus version of Minecraft allows users to play it on Windows 10 without the need to use VR. Which Oculus Rift are you using as well? Is it the original Rift, Rift S (both connect to a PC), or the Oculus Quest, Oculus Go? The reason I am asking is that there is a different version of Minecraft for these headsets. I appreciate your patience, thank you, and have a great day.
  3. TattBear Win User

Interesting thoughts. Microsoft already started with VR 'Hololens' but even though they demonstrated it with games at first, it now seems more geared towards business and design use. Also at there has been recent news that some companies are ceasing VR
    development especially Googles Daydream. So I agree the Xbox One X is the machine-made for VR but if it's not supported by developers and made cost-effective for public then it may not go very far. But as always with tech changing so much, it's best to watch
    and see what develops.
  4. annix Win User

If they do integrate a VR platform next gen, I really hope they will take lessons from the Valve Index and make sure the screens are 120hz or at the very least 90hz. To me one of the biggest stumbling blocks for VR becoming a fully compelling platform
    is motion sickness for a lot of people. Since the release of the Index with high refresh rate screens, there have been a lot of reports of people who were previously unable to stomach VR now not having issues, because of improvements to head tracking no doubt,
    but mostly to the higher refresh rate screens. I’m really hopeful that Scarlett can give PSVR a big run for its money.
  5. TheGordoSan Win User

I agree with the OP. Oculus Quest is a stand-alone, 6DOF VR kit. The nearest competitor is PSVR, with units sold. I have a PSVR, but would buy a Quest immediately for Xbox support and better display. This would be 99% risk-free for Microsoft. They don't
    have to make or sell the hardware! If they allow Oculus Quest support, they have a built-in audience ready to roll. Or rather, some of that audience will definitely cross-over.

I would love it if these comments are available in the future, where people are calling VR a fad. It's literally just beginning. This is like in the 1950s when radio listeners called television a fad. Mixed Reality will absolutely replace our smart phones
    and televisions for a whole lot of people. I say this as a 100" 4K projector user. With Hololens, you can put a screen anywhere, in any size (as long as it fits in its current FOV) Don't you think future smart glasses from Apple, Microsoft, Google, and Samsung
    (all are currently hard at work on them) will also do VR? I mean, why wouldn't they once the technology allows you to be as immersive as you want?
  6. mozmoz2009 Win User

I think That VR is a bit of a gimmick for myself as I am disabled I find it very hard to use VR better sticking to standard gaming
Thema:

1. Oculus Quest/Rift on Xbox - Similar Threads - Oculus Quest Rift

2. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  3. How do I sign into Questcraft on Oculus Quest 2?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I sign into Questcraft on Oculus Quest 2?: Every time I try to sign into my Microsoft account on my Oculus Quest 2 for Questcraft it brings me to a black screen with no code, words or anything, how would I fix this?...
  4. I'm having a hard time getting Minecraft on my Oculus quest 2. And I need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having a hard time getting Minecraft on my Oculus quest 2. And I need help.: Plz help I have no clue what im doing at this point. 98872063-348f-4c46-9281-612955096585
  5. Subnautica will not launch in desktop mode after opening it up with my oculus quest 2 from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subnautica will not launch in desktop mode after opening it up with my oculus quest 2 from...: I own subnautica in the xbox launcher/windows store because I bought it digitally on xbox a couple years ago, and it transfers over. I think a while ago I was playing on my vr headset and launched...
  6. Oculus Quest Support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oculus Quest Support: While I know Microsoft isn't interested in VR I feel they are missing out on an opportunity with the Oculus Quest 2. Its highly affordable and has alot of potential especially with Xbox's game...
  7. Can't run MSFS Deluxe VR edition in 3D using Oculus 2 Quest

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run MSFS Deluxe VR edition in 3D using Oculus 2 Quest: Hi, I have installed MSFS Deluxe VR edition on my PC from Microsoft Store (Xbox). The game runs well in 2D but I CANNOT get it to work in 3D. I also installed the Oculus app on my PC and every...
  8. Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2: When will minecraft come to oculus quest 2 or will it ever come i have been waiting for a while now and i want to know. af7094d1-12c4-4ec3-974a-9942a4bea6b6
  9. Minecraft For The Oculus Quest 1 and 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft For The Oculus Quest 1 and 2: Hi there Microsoft, (Xbox User) here throwing a suggestion out. What if we have Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 1 and 2? Think of it, we already have Gear,Rift and more. Wouldn’t it be nice to play...
  10. Flight Simulator via Oculus Quest

in XBoX on Windows
    Flight Simulator via Oculus Quest: How do I connect Oculus Quest to Microsoft Flight Sim. I have a cable to connect The Quest to my computer. e56b1e43-28b1-4c17-8ccc-61fbdb0bd6bf