Observations - major items

Discus and support Observations - major items in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First things first - I dig the X1 and I understand WE are all beta testers. MS can't be expected to anticipate every problem which is why these forums... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bingdom, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Bingdom
    Bingdom Guest

First things first - I dig the X1 and I understand WE are all beta testers. MS can't be expected to anticipate every problem which is why these forums are helpful for them to make the system better... The tv pass through feature was most attractive to
    me. No longer needing to switch inputs sounded great. 1 - If on TV, When I change inputs to Apple TV or the 360, when I come back the tv signal is lost. I have to launch another app before switching or I have to reboot the X1 and or unplug my cable box to
    cycle it. This CAN'T be what was intended. 2 - Kinect has trouble hearing me because I have a home theater system. So I have to mute the receiver in order to give voice commands. Not sure if there is a fix other than having the volume low all the time. 3 -
    Stop listen after you choose tv. The hud overlay is lame and I don't use it. I should be able to turn off that overlay because if you don't say stop listening, it lingers for 10 seconds... 4 - Audio separation. Since I'm optical out of the X1, I should be
    able to farm kill in Borderlands 2 on the 360 while still hearing X1 tv audio. For some reason the HDMI OUT supersedes the audio and drops off if I change the video input. Not ideal. Hope these items can/will be addressed.

:)

Bingdom, Jan 1, 2014
  2. x DogMeat x
    x DogMeat x Guest
    Care Package Avatar Prop makes your Avatar FAT!

Weird observation I made today while checking out the new items in Avatar Marketplace. I highlighted the Care Package prop, and when the animation began, my Avatar gained about 30 lbs. Kinda weird.

x DogMeat x, Jan 1, 2014
  3. JUICE 5150
    JUICE 5150 Guest
    Observation

I've been playing most of the day waiting for Titanfall tonight and I have been lagging horribly. Multiple host migrations and several times I was paired with players from the UK. My thought is, with Titanfall on the horizon, they've dropped the dedicated
    servers knowing that probably half their players are going to move over. The game has been trash all day today. No way I should ever get paired with someone in the UK (I'm in Seattle).

JUICE 5150, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

That's too bad.

It plays amazing games amazingly for me.

Azrael008uk, Jan 1, 2014
  5. JediGanja
    JediGanja Guest
    That's too bad.

It plays games very poorly for me.

Bugs,Glitches,and crashes all related to the console.

JediGanja, Jan 1, 2014
  6. bbarley
    bbarley Guest
    Regarding the Kinect not hearing you, how close do you have it to your speakers? I have my center speaker underneath my tv. My front right and left speakers are spread out from the tv. And I have my Kinect on top of my tv. No problems with it hearing
    me. The subwoofer is on the floor. However, I have also noticed the tv issue. It takes a while for it to actually start up. So when I turn my system on, it takes about 3 minutes for the tv video to show up

bbarley, Jan 1, 2014
  7. [quote user="Azrael008uk"]

That's too bad.

[/quote]

And how at all does this address what the OP was talking about?

ShadowRiver797, Jan 1, 2014
  8. Bingdom
    Bingdom Guest

Kinect above the tv and separation from center channel speaker about 6'. I do have the Kinect tilted downward which could steer the mic closer to the middle speaker. Again, that is of minor importance: the techs can't simulate the acoustics of every room
    in the world - just an observation.

PS4 v X1 is tired, Jedi. I've been a Sony guy since '95, however the drama with the PS3 did shake my confidence. That said, the PS4 is pretty freakin cool but the all in one dynamic of what the X1 is "tryin" to do is very progressive. Not gonna crucify MS
    for pushing the envelope.

Off topic - just wanted to share some early adopter experiences. Patches will show and clean some of this up.

Bingdom, Jan 1, 2014
  9. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    [quote user="ShadowRiver797"]

[/quote]

It shows that not everyone is struggling to use their XBox ONE.

Welcome to the XBox ONE General Discussion board.

Is today your first day?

There are also sections of the forums that are related specifically to "Support" if he needs tech help.

I bet he can find them but if you need a link just shout.

Azrael008uk, Jan 1, 2014
  10. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    @OP recalibrate your kinect with your TV and sound system set a level higher than you would normally play/listen/watch it at... this should help with kinect hearing you

tohellnbak, Jan 1, 2014
  11. [quote user="Azrael008uk"]

[quote user="ShadowRiver797"]

[/quote]

It shows that not everyone is struggling to use their XBox ONE.

Welcome to the XBox ONE General Discussion board.

Is today your first day?

There are also sections of the forums that are related specifically to "Support" if he needs tech help.

I bet he can find them but if you need a link just shout.

[/quote]

It's similar to this scenario:

Normal reply:

Person: My car is giving me trouble.

Me: Sorry to hear that. Observations - major items :(

D-bag reply:

Person: My car is giving me trouble.

Me: Mine works great!

BizarroMantis, Jan 1, 2014
  12. Bingdom
    Bingdom Guest
    Hell in - thanks but I already ran that excercise. If I push the vol too much, x1 tells me to back off. I too thought that if I ran the room hot, it would solve the problem. Seems the X1 won't accept a loud home theater system. It breaks the calibration
    step if I push the noise too much.

Again, not a noob (antiquated). I'm not looking for solutions here. Just trying to share problems. Don't expect you to solve them. If you have solutions....well then, that's another matter.

Bingdom, Jan 1, 2014
  13. gazfc
    gazfc Guest

Sorry to butt in on this topic but does anyone with a soundbar the same kinda issues as I've seen been mentioned in regard to home theatres

gazfc, Oct 31, 2018
  14. gazfc Win User

Sorry to butt in on this topic but does anyone with a soundbar the same kinda issues as I've seen been mentioned in regard to home theatres
  15. Bingdom Win User

Kinect above the tv and separation from center channel speaker about 6'. I do have the Kinect tilted downward which could steer the mic closer to the middle speaker. Again, that is of minor importance: the techs can't simulate the acoustics of every room
    in the world - just an observation.

PS4 v X1 is tired, Jedi. I've been a Sony guy since '95, however the drama with the PS3 did shake my confidence. That said, the PS4 is pretty freakin cool but the all in one dynamic of what the X1 is "tryin" to do is very progressive. Not gonna crucify MS
    for pushing the envelope.

Off topic - just wanted to share some early adopter experiences. Patches will show and clean some of this up.
  16. ShadowRiver797 Win User

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

That's too bad.

[/quote]

17. bbarley Win User

Regarding the Kinect not hearing you, how close do you have it to your speakers? I have my center speaker underneath my tv. My front right and left speakers are spread out from the tv. And I have my Kinect on top of my tv. No problems with it hearing
    me. The subwoofer is on the floor. However, I have also noticed the tv issue. It takes a while for it to actually start up. So when I turn my system on, it takes about 3 minutes for the tv video to show up
  18. Azrael008uk Win User

That's too bad.

Thema:

1. Observations - major items - Similar Threads - Observations major items

2. My two controllers have major stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two controllers have major stick drift: Hi, I have two xbox series x controllers one original and second hand. I have used both of them for a good period of time and now the stick drift has gotten way worse. both controllers are not in...
  3. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  4. Once again a major screwup by Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Once again a major screwup by Microsoft: Whatever system y’all have in place to ban people for gamerpics is ridiculous. This is the 4th time I’ve gotten one of these 2 day bans for a gamer pic that doesn’t go against any guidelines. You...
  5. Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...: It doesn't let me play the game because when I type in my username to play the game, it shows an error: "Failed to create profile. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store with the same...
  6. Why is major nelson on my friend list? And am i able to chat with him? And how should i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is major nelson on my friend list? And am i able to chat with him? And how should i...: I know he is a god in xbox thats the reason iam asking this Does it mean iam lucky? f0efcd5e-4e08-42aa-8589-3e542270e371
  7. Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...: Ok so been having issues where i access the store or something password related. When i hit enter on said password it comes up with a grey screen and once i press back it says its having osshes...
  8. Hello, I have major issues with my Xbox One S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I have major issues with my Xbox One S.: Hello, as of a few months ago my Xbox One S has had multiple major issues that have rendered it nigh unusable. These issues range from small but annoying issues such as taking long to boot up,...
  9. Once again a major screwup by Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Once again a major screwup by Microsoft: Whatever system y’all have in place to ban people for gamerpics is ridiculous. This is the 4th time I’ve gotten one of these 2 day bans for a gamer pic that doesn’t go against any guidelines. You...
  10. Why are majority of my local captures gone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are majority of my local captures gone?: Hey, i recently checked my captures on my xbox series X, and theyre all almost deleted, i only have some from 17 days ago. I was wondering why that would be the case. Its my local storage and i...