NXOE dashboard is terrible

Discus and support NXOE dashboard is terrible in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i was just forced to update to the awful and barf looking NXOE i want my old dashboard back you guys should of accomidated to xbox users with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Riko Sakurauchi, Nov 23, 2015.

1. NXOE dashboard is terrible

i was just forced to update to the awful and barf looking NXOE i want my old dashboard back you guys should of accomidated to xbox users with disabilities to be able to go back to the original dashboard i find this new one to be not user friendly and i have
    even noticed a delay since you guys updated to the awful dashboard after seeing this NXOE it makes me want to power up my xbox 360 since the old dash board had a similar feel the the xbox 360 version i was part of the preview program but after seeing the
    new dashboard before it was released to everyone i opted out from the xbox preview program to avoid this dashboard but now its being forced on everyone even those who DIDN'T want it

:)

Riko Sakurauchi, Nov 23, 2015
  2. NXOE

Hello everyone NXOE dashboard is terrible :)

The NXOE Dashboard is " meh " in my opinon.

It is functional and it gets the job done (NXOE Dashboard).

The current Xbox 360 Dashboard is still better in my opinion NXOE dashboard is terrible :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone NXOE dashboard is terrible :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Nov 23, 2015
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Xbox one preview program

The nxoe beta still has the bc but thats not the main focus since nxoe is the new dashboard

ngocphi, Nov 23, 2015
  4. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

Hey mate,

Yeah unfortunately there is no way to permanently opt out of an update, unless you want to remain offline NXOE dashboard is terrible :(

The only thing I can say is that if you have any suggestions on how you think it can be improved, to head over to the xbox feedback site, and post it up there:
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

If the ideas are good, people will vote for them, and you might just find them implemented later down the track NXOE dashboard is terrible :)

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Nov 23, 2015
  5. i dont mind updates but it would be nice to give a option to be given the option which dashboard we want this new dashboard is very confusing to me and with my disability it makes things worse i will try suggesting again even though my previous suggestions
    where ignored

6. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest
    Yeah mate, can totally understand where you are coming from. Thing is that these updates will usually contain important security updates as well as the different features that they've implemented, and unfortunateyl those security updates are the ones that
    require us to download them.

If you need a hand finding anything, or figuring out the new dash, feel free to shoot me any questions you have, as I'm more then happy to help you through NXOE dashboard is terrible :)

The feedback definitely isn't ignored, but there is just so much feedback that is posted, that its hard for them to implement it all NXOE dashboard is terrible :(

Anyways, let me know if you need anything more mate NXOE dashboard is terrible :)

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Nov 23, 2015
  7. i like to use settings by using what used to be the start button which im not sure what it is called (the one with the 3 lines) but i did try your link it appears its been added as a suggestion already not alot are liking this new dashboard i struggle more
    with my disability i seen now media player is towards the bottom instead of just hitting left on my joystick

8. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

Thats the menu button NXOE dashboard is terrible :)

You can now get to the settings through the side menu, so if you're at the dashboard, go to the left, which will bring up the side menu, then scroll down to the second to last option, and you'll find your settings there NXOE dashboard is terrible :)

If the idea has already been added to the feedback site, then make sure you vote for it too NXOE dashboard is terrible :)

DENAz666, Nov 23, 2015
  9. I'm in total agreement with the original post. I hate NXOE. It's ugly, poorly designed, ruins everything, I mean EVERYTHING my wife and I bought the Xbox One for. Especially gestures. I only play games on a PC (an infinitely SUPERIOR experience) and
    hate consoles and stupid controllers. The one reason we broke down and wasted our money on a console was because we felt it would allow us to have a media center where we could use a combination of voice AND gestures. The idea was to NOT have to touch this
    stupid controller. The layout and performance how we used it were perfect. And then Microsoft decided to screw us by forcing us to install this horrid update. What kind of update REMOVES FEATURES? Oh, that's right, Microsoft's kind. So, now we have a
    Kinect that's half unusable and an interface we can't stand to use, that pukes all sorts of things on our screen that we never want to see! We've basically wasted $500. At this point, unless MS brings back gestures and allows a way to customize the screen
    to GET RID of 90% of that crap, we're going throw away this piece of junk and go back to just the TV and satellite box.

ScubaDog2008(2), Oct 31, 2018
  10. Riko Sakurauchi Win User

i dont mind updates but it would be nice to give a option to be given the option which dashboard we want this new dashboard is very confusing to me and with my disability it makes things worse i will try suggesting again even though my previous suggestions
    where ignored
  11. DENAz666 Win User

Thats the menu button :)

You can now get to the settings through the side menu, so if you're at the dashboard, go to the left, which will bring up the side menu, then scroll down to the second to last option, and you'll find your settings there :)

If the idea has already been added to the feedback site, then make sure you vote for it too :)
  12. Riko Sakurauchi Win User

i like to use settings by using what used to be the start button which im not sure what it is called (the one with the 3 lines) but i did try your link it appears its been added as a suggestion already not alot are liking this new dashboard i struggle more
    with my disability i seen now media player is towards the bottom instead of just hitting left on my joystick
  13. DENAz666 Win User

Hey mate,

Yeah unfortunately there is no way to permanently opt out of an update, unless you want to remain offline :(

The only thing I can say is that if you have any suggestions on how you think it can be improved, to head over to the xbox feedback site, and post it up there:
    http://xbox.uservoice.com/

If the ideas are good, people will vote for them, and you might just find them implemented later down the track :)

Cheers

Denaz
  14. ScubaDog2008(2) Win User

I'm in total agreement with the original post. I hate NXOE. It's ugly, poorly designed, ruins everything, I mean EVERYTHING my wife and I bought the Xbox One for. Especially gestures. I only play games on a PC (an infinitely SUPERIOR experience) and
    hate consoles and stupid controllers. The one reason we broke down and wasted our money on a console was because we felt it would allow us to have a media center where we could use a combination of voice AND gestures. The idea was to NOT have to touch this
    stupid controller. The layout and performance how we used it were perfect. And then Microsoft decided to screw us by forcing us to install this horrid update. What kind of update REMOVES FEATURES? Oh, that's right, Microsoft's kind. So, now we have a
    Kinect that's half unusable and an interface we can't stand to use, that pukes all sorts of things on our screen that we never want to see! We've basically wasted $500. At this point, unless MS brings back gestures and allows a way to customize the screen
    to GET RID of 90% of that crap, we're going throw away this piece of junk and go back to just the TV and satellite box.
Thema:

1. NXOE dashboard is terrible - Similar Threads - NXOE dashboard terrible

2. NXOE Preview Program Update gone very wrong!

in XBoX on Consoles
    NXOE Preview Program Update gone very wrong!: As the title mentions, I have updated my console to the latest experience, but now my console does not respond to my controller and my screen is cycling back and forth between the new home and the...
  3. Disconnecting from Xbox Live since Nxoe update ( yes this again)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnecting from Xbox Live since Nxoe update ( yes this again): I think I've done almost everything there is to do in 2 months and I still can't figure it out. I'm at a complete loss. Pretty much since the Novemebr update ( never did it disconnect once before...
  4. Headset Microphone problems from latest NXOE update 1/23/16

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Microphone problems from latest NXOE update 1/23/16: I have been having a problem. I haven't had any luck in resolving it either. It started just the other day after the update. Which btw gave me so many problems with my service that I have spent...
  5. M$ Poor people can't play Xbox one #data4updates/back comp.=broke NXOE is poo!

in XBoX on Consoles
    M$ Poor people can't play Xbox one #data4updates/back comp.=broke NXOE is poo!: Giving all the power to one company is a very dangerous proposition, google fibre is a bad idea IMO, you'd be better off lobbying the government for better national coverage and systems, the...
  6. IR out/Kinect no longer controls TV since NXOE

in XBoX on Consoles
    IR out/Kinect no longer controls TV since NXOE: Since we got the updated system (November 2015), my Xbox hasn't been able to control my TV other than toggle power on/off. I have (and had before new update) an IR blaster AND the Kinect. When I...
  7. Since NXOE, my sound system turn off when HDMI sound is activate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since NXOE, my sound system turn off when HDMI sound is activate: Hello everyone, sorry for my English (i'm French). My Xbox One is connected on YAMAHA RX-V467 sound system since november 2013 with HDMI connectic, and everything work verywell. But, NXOE come...
  8. Installed NXOE now stuck at boot screen and can't get to dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installed NXOE now stuck at boot screen and can't get to dashboard: I did the NXOE update and was able to get to the dashboard, but nothing was running smoothly. Halo5 froze on my several times. I decided to reboot. Now I can't get back to the dashboard. The...
  9. Not reading disc when launching from dashboard (NXOE)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not reading disc when launching from dashboard (NXOE): Since updating to NXOE, when I select a game from the dashboard, I get the error about "if you own this game, please insert" or whatever. The game is already in. I have to eject/reinsert, then it...
  10. The NXOE Dashboard is unusable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The NXOE Dashboard is unusable.: Hello! My Xbox is acting up quite a bit right now! Ever since I had recieved the NXOE Dashboard for my Xbox One, it's been *VERY* unstable. Half of the time, I'm either unable to sign in, or...