Numbers in my Gamertag, even when there is no other account with my name.

Discus and support Numbers in my Gamertag, even when there is no other account with my name. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I recently changed this account's gamertag and then found out that I already have a different Xbox account with this same tag. So I logged in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dasal939, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Dasal939
    Dasal939 Guest

Hello,

I recently changed this account's gamertag and then found out that I already have a different Xbox account with this same tag. So I logged in to my old account, changed it's tag to something else, and marked the account for closure, since I already bought
    the Xbox Game Pass on this account and I don't really need my old account anymore. But I noticed that numbers still show up after my gamertag in game on this account, which is odd, since I changed my old account's tag, and there is no other account with the
    same name.

So I was wondering how I could resolve this, how I could get rid of the numbers after my name.

Thanks, .

:)

Dasal939, Jan 3, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Its easy come up with a unique name

And aboit the numbers

It doesnt matter if you cant find the name

You simply misunderstand how the gamertag system works

One dasal is the same as DA SAL Or dasal

Spaces nor caps are different from a name

But when you try and friend request due to privacy

YOU must have the EXACT context of the name
  3. AllMikeeee Win User

I wanted to buy the change gamertag fee but I can't because the billing address country is grayed out in USA

Greetings Georges,

I already have the billing address on my Microsoft account. and it's fine even though I don't get my old Gamertag, I just don't want numbers at the end of my name.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Due to a Microsoft error, I can change my nickname

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Razvivatel, unfortunately you cannot transfer or reserve a Gamertag from one account to be used on another account.

By your description, even if you have two tabs open with two different accounts, the system will always interpret it as an action for each account.

In the case of the numbers that appeared when changing your Gamertag, it was because the system detected that the same name already existed and added the suffix to your Gamertag.
  5. عبدالعزيز Win User

[Translation-ID Name (Values Tag)]اسم المعرف ( بالقيمر تتاج )

Hi Fellow gamer,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have questions on your gamer tag. We recommend looking over the

gamer tag FAQ
    . The numbers are put on the gamer tag as there are others with the same name. They can look your name up with the # and four numbers and they should find it.

Thanks,

Brad
    Thanks mr brad

I am my account (l43) but my friends are searching for my account what they are getting
  6. sldb Win User

Change auto-created gamertag

Well, when I created my account they didn't gave me the opportunity to change the gamertag.

The other problem is that I want to swap the name between to gamertags..
Thema:

1. Numbers in my Gamertag, even when there is no other account with my name. - Similar Threads - Numbers Gamertag account

2. Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username: I made my current account without realizing I already had one with the same username so this one got the numbers. I have changed the username of the first account to something different so it...
  3. Gamertag Numbers attached to name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Numbers attached to name?: I understand why numbers are added to names that are already being used. But why are they attached to my name like I typed them in when I did not? Games like Call of duty have this same thing but...
  4. How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?: I wanted to change my user but I didn't read that there would be a random set of numbers so now my user is stuck as Gabo4663 6d0db505-4491-4566-9f66-94d3566d647b
  5. I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken: So I have two microsoft accounts. One setup for minecraft, one for almost all other games i play. The thing is, I have a new gamertag I use on other platforms, and so while I try to change my...
  6. Removing extra numbers on gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Removing extra numbers on gamertag: So I like my gamertag the way that it's supposed to be but I did a light change to it and now there's extra Numbers at the end and it just totally defaces my numbers that I added and blends in it...
  7. How do I recover my hacked account when the hacker changed my email, cell number, and gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my hacked account when the hacker changed my email, cell number, and gamertag?: My account has been compromised, hacked, messed with. They changed my gamertag, all personal info, and also deleted my original email I created for the account years ago. I need to speak to a real...
  8. How does one get an account back that had the email, gamertag, phone number and password...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How does one get an account back that had the email, gamertag, phone number and password...: I sold my Xbox back in spring of 2022 and I left my game pass on the Xbox because I wasn’t going to use it either way and I told the person that bought it that it was going to end come October the...
  9. Remove id number from gamertag after renaming old account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove id number from gamertag after renaming old account: Hi, I changed my gamertag to the username that I use everywhere online. After changing it, my Xbox appended an ID number to my gamertag. I found out that I had an old account sitting on the...
  10. Where do I find my Xbox Live Account Number? Is that my Gamertag?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Where do I find my Xbox Live Account Number? Is that my Gamertag?: Quick question: I'm trying to enter the 24k carat gold Xbox X, and upon emailing my entry, it needs mom Xbox Live Account Number. Is that my Gamertag? It says to email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...