NTSC 360 Game Bully Scholarship Edition not working on PAL Series X

Discus and support NTSC 360 Game Bully Scholarship Edition not working on PAL Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I accidentally bought the NTSC version of Bully Scholarship Edition and while it works fine on my PAL XBOX One X the disc even will be recognised... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Predator_AUT, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Predator_AUT
    Predator_AUT Guest

Hi, I accidentally bought the NTSC version of Bully Scholarship Edition and while it works fine on my PAL XBOX One X the disc even will be recognised when inserted in my PAL Series X. The One X instead started the digital download immediately after the same procedure.

My Series X plays all other discs i‘ve tried (for example the PAL 360 Sonic Generations disc) so there is no problem with the drive. Also Bully is generally BC compatible regarding to other forums.

Do i have to change something in the settings? I already changed the store to U.S. temporary but the problem still occurs.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Predator_AUT, Sep 29, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Glad you found your solution
  3. Predator_AUT Win User

Update. I followed the service request instructions from MS. After saving my settings i did a factory reset of the SX. In the next step i loaded my settings just to make sure if this works and to my surprise the disc drive now works again.

I also can install Bully now. Tried a PAL 360 game, a DVD and a BR and everything will be recognized by the drive and played.

What a sh… software, MS! It is not the first time that this thing does weird things. Last winter i lost some cloud saves due to the automatic procedure (Sony instead knows how cloud storage can be handled transparently for the user). Every time the store needs an update you get the wrong language settings. Next thing is the buggy achievement system… I remember and miss the good old times with the 360 dashboard which was not just a cheap Windows clone like used here.
  4. Predator_AUT Win User

The same NTSC 360 disc which you call region locked works on a PAL XBOX One :) So that‘s not the point.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

360 discs and their digital equivalent are still region locked.

They signed contracts they have to honor.
  6. Predator_AUT Win User

Update:

Looks like the disc drive itself is faulty as now not a single disc is working. Contacted MS support and will send the SX to them to check. Although warranty is already over (14 months in use) they will repair it free of charge concerning to the help desk staff 👍🏻
Thema:

1. NTSC 360 Game Bully Scholarship Edition not working on PAL Series X - Similar Threads - NTSC 360 Game

2. NTSC XBOX 360 disc on xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    NTSC XBOX 360 disc on xbox 1: So, I was rummaging through my basement, when i found a disc (halo: reach) of my old Xbox 360 (NTSC) . My friend has an xbox one (bought in india, so it must be PAL if it is region locked), so i...
  3. Will a PAL original Xbox game play on my NTSC Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will a PAL original Xbox game play on my NTSC Xbox 360?: I really want to play the Futurama game but I wanna know if it will work. Will it? a7ff44b4-3351-4653-96f1-32122cfba549
  4. Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?: And if yes how? The xbox says this is unrecognized disc Or the disc scratched I no have any more idea 833b4e99-9508-4f8c-bac6-db3d8504e7f9
  5. Dead Space 2 NTSC Xbox 360 2-disc game compatibility with Xbox ONE console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Space 2 NTSC Xbox 360 2-disc game compatibility with Xbox ONE console: Is it possible to install NTSC USA Dead Space 2 on Xbox ONE S console (europe)? Best Regards! 35319656-0110-4016-a2a0-c9afac6f87ca
  6. Buying digital version of game from Xbox Marketplace on NTSC Xbox 360 console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying digital version of game from Xbox Marketplace on NTSC Xbox 360 console: I live in Europe but I have USA version of xbox 360 console (NTSC). I wonder whether game bought and downloaded from xbox marketplace by my european microsoft account will work on my console. I'd...
  7. PAL Original XBox game on NTSC Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PAL Original XBox game on NTSC Xbox 360: Hello, I recently received a copy of FIFA '06 (one of my all time favorites) from a friend. I found out that the game is from Europe and is a PAL copy. To my knowledge there is no region...
  8. ntsc game on pal 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ntsc game on pal 360: just got Christmas present from usa fifa 16 but unable to play as its showing region lock ANY HELP PLEASE fbe6114f-4881-4c42-a086-813c3751a227
  9. Cannot Download Gears of War Free Game on Xbox 360 (NTSC-J) & Gold Member, Austria

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Download Gears of War Free Game on Xbox 360 (NTSC-J) & Gold Member, Austria: hi i have moved from Hong Kong to Austria and brought my NTSC Console with me, i set up a new Xbox Live Account here in Austria and bought the 60€ Gold Membership. it says I can download free...
  10. I can not download the game with a gold status due to the fact that my xbox 360 with the NTSC ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not download the game with a gold status due to the fact that my xbox 360 with the NTSC ...: Hello! I already addressed the question of what I can not download the game with a gold status due to the fact that my xbox 360 with the NTSC system. How all the same to resolve this issue?...