Notifications Slow to Pop Up

Discus and support Notifications Slow to Pop Up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Over the past 48 hours, whenever a friend invites me to a party or a game clip is recorded or an achievement is unlocked, it takes 10X longer than... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 3eb4d957-93c1-489f-8713-0ef699d04335, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Notifications Slow to Pop Up

Hi,

Over the past 48 hours, whenever a friend invites me to a party or a game clip is recorded or an achievement is unlocked, it takes 10X longer than it usually does for the notification to pop up. I`ve checked my internet and there is nothing wrong with it.
    I know I shouldn`t be bothered with it, but is kind of annoying.

To set it straight:

I`m not talking about the achievements registering slowly like on the Playstation 3, I`m talking about them registering quickly but the notification taking a long time to come.

:)

3eb4d957-93c1-489f-8713-0ef699d04335, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Xbox Beacons are annoying and should have a feature to disable notifications.

You can turn notifications off completely and that should keep beacons from popping up. Then just pop open the guide after an online match or during a slow period to check for messages or who is online. They need to fix part of notification options as well
    since it blocks achievements notifications from popping up.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Jan 4, 2014
  3. MissEdi
    MissEdi Guest
    Friends logg in

Hey there, ballafalla1.

If you would like to turn off your pop-up notifications on your Xbox One console, then we'd recommend reading over the

pop-up notifications
    guide for more info on how to turn this feature off.

MissEdi, Jan 4, 2014
  4. BwA Splatmat
    BwA Splatmat Guest

could just be slow service on microsofts part with the cloud and such, there are a long list of reasons why this could happen but as long as they work and register its hard to say. have you hard rebooted your xbox by holding the power down for 10 seconds?

BwA Splatmat, Jan 4, 2014
  5. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    I'm having the same problem. As long as it's working (eventually), I'm not worrying about it. They will get all these issues and by later this year this console will be the best ever.

CMUchippewa, Jan 4, 2014
  6. Hi,

BwA Splatmat`s solution worked for me. Holding the power button for 10 seconds worked for me and now my achievements pop at regular speed!

3eb4d957-93c1-489f-8713-0ef699d04335, Jan 4, 2014
  7. I have the same issue gunna give the 10 second hold a try

Da Blu3 Reaper, Jan 9, 2014
  8. Notifications Slow to Pop Up

Perform a soft reset, hold down power button for 8-10 seconds. Turn on after waiting 30 seconds.

PrimitiveMeat, Oct 31, 2018
  9. 3eb4d957-93c1-489f-8 Win User

Hi,

BwA Splatmat`s solution worked for me. Holding the power button for 10 seconds worked for me and now my achievements pop at regular speed!
  10. CMUchippewa Win User

I'm having the same problem. As long as it's working (eventually), I'm not worrying about it. They will get all these issues and by later this year this console will be the best ever.
  11. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Perform a soft reset, hold down power button for 8-10 seconds. Turn on after waiting 30 seconds.
  12. BwA Splatmat Win User

could just be slow service on microsofts part with the cloud and such, there are a long list of reasons why this could happen but as long as they work and register its hard to say. have you hard rebooted your xbox by holding the power down for 10 seconds?
  13. Da Blu3 Reaper Win User

I have the same issue gunna give the 10 second hold a try
Thema:

1. Notifications Slow to Pop Up - Similar Threads - Notifications Slow Pop

2. Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications: I have a friend on Xbox who’s a favorite. All of a sudden every time they stream, I get notifications every 5 minutes from them that they are streaming. If I remove them as a favorite it stops....
  3. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox: I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online get bombarded with (1st notification) That...
  4. Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app: So my friend just send me a screen shot and he was at least 30 sign in notifications for me on his phone over the past 3 hours as I've been playing. Does anyone know why it keeps notifying my...
  5. Repeating Xbox Notifications...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Repeating Xbox Notifications...: This is frustrating. I keep getting notifications that my friend is live streaming. Like, every 5 minutes type of notifications. I have this friend as a favorite, because he a close friend. Maybe...
  6. Notification Sound sounds weird.

in XboX Insiders
    Notification Sound sounds weird.: When I get a notification (Friend gets online, Achievement, etc) the sound is very... buggy, and it sounds like it's trying to do the sound twice at the same time submitted by /u/henhunfer...
  7. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  8. Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases

in XBoX on Windows
    Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases: I am deeply concerned about the relentless barrage of notifications flooding my inbox regarding old refund cases that have already been resolved. Despite my repeated requests to cease these...
  9. Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?: Last night, I moved my Xbox from my downstairs office back to my bedroom. However, I did not unplug it while it was on, nor did I choose to factory reset my console. When I turned on my Xbox this...
  10. How do I refind a Bing notification?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I refind a Bing notification?: I saw a pop up for a Wonka and Xbox thing for Bing and it's an official Microsoft reward so how do I refind a Microsoft rewards notification? 82439bb1-25cf-4587-bc64-e0550bcf6eda