Notifications from removed friends. Still happening after 7 years.

Discus and support Notifications from removed friends. Still happening after 7 years. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Shortly after I bought my first Xbox One in 2014 I trimmed my friends list. I removed “friends” I’d added over the years while playing on Xbox360.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by LostSoul 301281, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Notifications from removed friends. Still happening after 7 years.

Shortly after I bought my first Xbox One in 2014 I trimmed my friends list.

I removed “friends” I’d added over the years while playing on Xbox360.

However I still get notifications whenever these people sign in.

I’ve tried blocking them but I still get notifications when they sign in.

I’ve tried muting them but I still get notifications when they sign in.

This has been an issue since late 2014/early 2015 and only seems to affect friends I removed after I downloaded my profile onto my first Xbox One.

Since then I have owned an Xbox One X and now an Xbox Series X, using the same profile on each machine yet this issue still persists.

I don’t want to turn off all notifications as I still want some friend alerts.

Is there a proper fix for this beyond just “turn off all notifications”?

:)

LostSoul 301281, Nov 12, 2022
  2. LostSoul 301281 Win User

I have changed these settings before with no change to this issue
  3. LostSoul 301281 Win User

I only have one account and this has been happening for 7 years across multiple Xbox consoles from a base Xbox One to Xbox One X and now continuing on Xbox Series X as I have upgraded over the years.

This is on the console. Nothing to do with the mobile app.

I have tried blocking and I have tried muting and nothing works.

I am not and have never been part of the insider program on any of these consoles.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, that’s really odd…
    As the problem is happening across all your consoles I think that the best option is contact Microsoft and see if maybe there is something in your account causing this problem

———

In the meantime, would be great reporting this problem to the Xbox team. Just in case:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Lostsoul

Let’s try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this tell me:

If this happening only with your account? (In case you have more than one profile added to your console)
    If you check the Xbox mobile app, something similar happens?
    Or it’s your Xbox only?
    Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your device?

And what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
Thema:

1. Notifications from removed friends. Still happening after 7 years. - Similar Threads - Notifications removed friends

2. Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications: I have a friend on Xbox who’s a favorite. All of a sudden every time they stream, I get notifications every 5 minutes from them that they are streaming. If I remove them as a favorite it stops....
  3. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox: I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online get bombarded with (1st notification) That...
  4. Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app: So my friend just send me a screen shot and he was at least 30 sign in notifications for me on his phone over the past 3 hours as I've been playing. Does anyone know why it keeps notifying my...
  5. Repeating Xbox Notifications...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Repeating Xbox Notifications...: This is frustrating. I keep getting notifications that my friend is live streaming. Like, every 5 minutes type of notifications. I have this friend as a favorite, because he a close friend. Maybe...
  6. Notification Sound sounds weird.

in XboX Insiders
    Notification Sound sounds weird.: When I get a notification (Friend gets online, Achievement, etc) the sound is very... buggy, and it sounds like it's trying to do the sound twice at the same time submitted by /u/henhunfer...
  7. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  8. Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases

in XBoX on Windows
    Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases: I am deeply concerned about the relentless barrage of notifications flooding my inbox regarding old refund cases that have already been resolved. Despite my repeated requests to cease these...
  9. Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?: Last night, I moved my Xbox from my downstairs office back to my bedroom. However, I did not unplug it while it was on, nor did I choose to factory reset my console. When I turned on my Xbox this...
  10. Why were the friend notifications removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why were the friend notifications removed?: I know that friend notifications were removed. I was wondering why. 5d9ace76-0c6d-49d0-8e2d-b57870994826