Notification Sound

Discus and support Notification Sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason a couple times a week the notification sound goes off on my Xbox One S long after I have turned it off. No one is in the room and NO... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HEATHER MAITLAND, Apr 11, 2020.

1. HEATHER MAITLAND
    HEATHER MAITLAND New Member

Notification Sound

For some reason a couple times a week the notification sound goes off on my Xbox One S long after I have turned it off. No one is in the room and NO one else in the home has the app except me. Anyone have any ideas why it is doing this? It's annoying when you're trying to fall asleep and know the console is off, but still sounds like you are signing in or getting notifications. I'm NOT getting notifications when this happens & even turned it on to be sure & it did it once more while on and NOTHING popped up on my screen. It's a brand new Xbox and only a few months old. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

HEATHER MAITLAND, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

sound of notification

Go to settings, preferences, notifications and you can select what you want to get. As for just turning the sound off, that isn't possible.

Edit: however you can set yourself to do not disturb and that will stop notification popping out sounds.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

sound of notification

Hey there Nurbur!

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread. Thanks for marking the answer. For more information, check out this article:

Pop-up notifications on Xbox One
    If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  4. TyronesBakery Win User

Notification Sound

No I haven’t tried this, but I read in other questions here that it hasn’t worked for them. I will try this and get back to you then.
  5. amberlyn rose Win User

Notification Sound

have you checked your settings?

have you tried hard resetting your console? (without it installing all your apps/games)
  6. Defy Lightning Win User

Xbox One April update out for all now

The achievement notifications sounds nice. Good update.
Thema:

Notification Sound

1. Notification Sound - Similar Threads - Notification Sound

2. Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications: I have a friend on Xbox who’s a favorite. All of a sudden every time they stream, I get notifications every 5 minutes from them that they are streaming. If I remove them as a favorite it stops....
  3. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox: I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online get bombarded with (1st notification) That...
  4. Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app: So my friend just send me a screen shot and he was at least 30 sign in notifications for me on his phone over the past 3 hours as I've been playing. Does anyone know why it keeps notifying my...
  5. Repeating Xbox Notifications...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Repeating Xbox Notifications...: This is frustrating. I keep getting notifications that my friend is live streaming. Like, every 5 minutes type of notifications. I have this friend as a favorite, because he a close friend. Maybe...
  6. Notification Sound sounds weird.

in XboX Insiders
    Notification Sound sounds weird.: When I get a notification (Friend gets online, Achievement, etc) the sound is very... buggy, and it sounds like it's trying to do the sound twice at the same time submitted by /u/henhunfer...
  7. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  8. Xbox Family App Notification SOUND not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family App Notification SOUND not working: Trying to get notifications to have a sound for the Xbox Family App on my iPhone 13. The sound is ticked to On in my notifications in settings. Also the iOS is the latest version. Therefore no...
  9. Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when...: I have googled and tried just about every fix I have seen. All notifications are on in every area, Xbox game bar, the notification control themselves. Focus assist isn't on. The Xbox game bar is...
  10. Xbox Family App Notification SOUND not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Family App Notification SOUND not working: Trying to get notifications to have a sound for the Xbox Family App on my iPhone 13. The sound is ticked to On in my notifications in settings. Also the iOS is the latest version. Therefore no...