notification settings aren't working

Discus and support notification settings aren't working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ive allways had the popup ntoifacations turned off so the don't pop up during video's but ever since the fall update even with them turned off they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CYR426, Jan 4, 2014.

1. CYR426
    CYR426 Guest

ive allways had the popup ntoifacations turned off so the don't pop up during video's but ever since the fall update even with them turned off they keep poping up during videos in all the video apps

:)

CYR426, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Mikro
    Mikro Guest
    Notifications aka Toast pop up Alerts Not working

I been noticing as time wears on Notifications stated not showing up for Skype Friends jumping online etc it seems to be sporadic intermittent some times never on Day one first start everything was working well then it stop working I noticed the Notification
    box getting pretty full the Notifications show up in History Just the pop Dialog or Toast aren't working quite right.

Mikro, Jan 4, 2014
  3. matthewiag
    matthewiag Guest
    Not receiving Messages notification on my Xbox One but receive them on the beta app on my PC, any solutions?

Hello

Please do the following and your Notifications should start working again.

• Head over to Settings
    • Preferences
    • Notifications
    • Turn them off
    • Press and Hold the Power Button for 10 Seconds
    • Wait 1 Min
    • Turn your console back on
    • Re enable Notifications within the settings

They should be working once again

matthewiag, Jan 4, 2014
  4. CYR426
    CYR426 Guest

hello support you've answered all other posts from the weekend but not mine come on

CYR426, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Hey there

Welcome to the forums

To stop notifications and keep them on at the same time, you will need to put your status as Busy. This would stop notifications showing while you are Busy. To do this, please:

1. Press the guide button

2. Scroll right

3. Select preferences

4. Online Status

5. Select Busy or Offline

I hope all of this helps with your question

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 7, 2014
  6. CYR426
    CYR426 Guest
    well thanks for the reply but I already tried that and it doesn't work

CYR426, Oct 31, 2018
  7. smileskybird Win User

Continued Notification Lag

When friends/peps send you messages on Xbox Live, Notifications aren't that laggy now.

But... the orange achievement notifications are quite laggy now compare those "achievement" notifications with how non-laggy the achievement notifications are on the Xbox 360, which pop up with practically no lag - smooth and fluid. That's how notifications
    should work. This is probably a

"software" issue more than a "it's your internet".
  8. Hexaae Win User

Xbox (beta) causing computer not to sleep

Same here.

And notifications do not work: I have no Windows notification from chat messages stored in the notification area when is set to not disturb. Notifications should be there as any other app do when I open notification area, even if set to not disturb.
  9. Valkyrie825 Win User

Game invites

Update 4: IT WORKS!!!

Settings

Prefrences

Notifications

Xbox Notifications

Party and Game was Off...changed to On and now everything is working like it should.

Thanks everyone for the help!
  10. SigmaTheDJ Win User

No friend notification , April update

They work for me. I have it set to favourites only and they work every time.

The SmartGlass beta doesn't display notifications when favourite friends come online though, even though I have it set to do so. I get notifications in it when someone sends me a message, so the notifications are working - just not for friends coming online.
    It is a beta though, so maybe that's not working properly right now.
  11. matthewiag Win User

Not receiving Messages notification on my Xbox One but receive them on the beta app on my PC, any solutions?

Hello

Please do the following and your Notifications should start working again.

• Head over to Settings
    • Preferences
    • Notifications
    • Turn them off
    • Press and Hold the Power Button for 10 Seconds
    • Wait 1 Min
    • Turn your console back on
    • Re enable Notifications within the settings

They should be working once again
Thema:

1. notification settings aren't working - Similar Threads - notification settings aren't

2. Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications: I have a friend on Xbox who’s a favorite. All of a sudden every time they stream, I get notifications every 5 minutes from them that they are streaming. If I remove them as a favorite it stops....
  3. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox: I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online get bombarded with (1st notification) That...
  4. Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app: So my friend just send me a screen shot and he was at least 30 sign in notifications for me on his phone over the past 3 hours as I've been playing. Does anyone know why it keeps notifying my...
  5. Repeating Xbox Notifications...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Repeating Xbox Notifications...: This is frustrating. I keep getting notifications that my friend is live streaming. Like, every 5 minutes type of notifications. I have this friend as a favorite, because he a close friend. Maybe...
  6. Notification Sound sounds weird.

in XboX Insiders
    Notification Sound sounds weird.: When I get a notification (Friend gets online, Achievement, etc) the sound is very... buggy, and it sounds like it's trying to do the sound twice at the same time submitted by /u/henhunfer...
  7. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  8. Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases

in XBoX on Windows
    Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases: I am deeply concerned about the relentless barrage of notifications flooding my inbox regarding old refund cases that have already been resolved. Despite my repeated requests to cease these...
  9. Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?: Last night, I moved my Xbox from my downstairs office back to my bedroom. However, I did not unplug it while it was on, nor did I choose to factory reset my console. When I turned on my Xbox this...
  10. Family Safety NOTIFICATION Settings... why can I not find a way to change them online?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Safety NOTIFICATION Settings... why can I not find a way to change them online?: I have tried several "ask community threads" online and none of them have the solution. I have also contacted Microsoft through the phone and online chat to only get told the same thing as the...