Not receiving notifications

Discus and support Not receiving notifications in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have a Xbox series s and I’m not reciving party notifications. But when I look at the Xbox app I see the party notifications. I tried doing a soft... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by AdianOntiveros2, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Not receiving notifications

I have a Xbox series s and I’m not reciving party notifications. But when I look at the Xbox app I see the party notifications. I tried doing a soft rest I cleared my MAC address I’ve tried a lot. But when I switched account the notifications worked just fine.

I really need some help!

:)

AdianOntiveros2, Mar 24, 2023
  2. XBF Aaron G Win User

Receiving notifications

GingerBuzz

When this happens its a communication error with your router and xbox. To refresh your network setings on your xbox

Go to settings

select network

select advanced settings

select alt mac address

clear

reset

this always works for me. If you need any other trouble shooting please reply in a new thread!

Happy gaming!
  3. A Solitary Man Win User

Not Receiving Notifications

Hi,

To properly isolate your concern, please provide answers to the questions below:

1. Are you receiving notifications from your other games or apps on the console?

2. Does the same issue occur when using a different profile on the same game and console?

We're looking forward to your response.

1. It's a hit and miss. Very rarely will I get a notification. It happens with all games and apps. It's not just for achievements but also for friend requests, and received messages as well. I did have pending game updates for a while, but updated them
    last night.

2. As for another profile, it's only been the one on the consol.

We appreciate your response. To resolve your concern, you can follow the steps on the suggested methods below: 

Method 1. Power cycle your Xbox One console.

You can reset, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox One console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.

Here are the steps: 

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. 

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Method 2. Clear the storage cache on the console.

Here are the steps: 

1. Press the menu key on the controller.  

2. Go to Settings, and then select Disc & Blu-Ray.  

3. In the Blu-Ray section select Persistent Storage.  

4. Select Clear persistent storage.

Method 3. Clear Mac address.

Here are the steps: 

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.  

2. Select Settings.  

3. Select All Settings.  

4. Select Network.  

5. Select Network settings.  

6. Select Advance settings.  

7. Select Alternate MAC address.  

8. Select Clear.

Let us know how it goes.

I have tried method 1 multiple times and that didn't do anything. I tried methods 2 and 3 yesterday after watching YouTube videos. I am now receiving notifications such as for singing in, when controller batteries are low, and invites. However I'm still
    not receiving achievement notifications.

To view notification pop-ups for achievements, please make sure that it is enabled on the
    Xbox notifications settings.

To enable notifications, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Select All settings.

3. Select Preferences.

4. Select Notifications.

5. Select Xbox notifications.

6. Select Achievements, and then check the checkbox for your preferred settings.

Let us know how it goes.

All notifications have already been enabled.

If you are still experiencing the same issue after following the previously provided solutions, there may be a problem with your console's operating system that is preventing the game from playing properly. You can reset your console’s operating system without
    deleting your games or apps.

To reset your console without losing your game data, follow these steps:

2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console.
    7. On the Reset your console? screen, select Reset and keep my games & apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Be sure you don’t select Reset and remove everything at this point. This option resets the console to factory settings, and all user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted.

If the console reset is successful, you may be prompted to repeat some general console set-up steps before you are returned to the Home screen.

After you have reset your Xbox One console, kindly check if your are receiving notifications.

Let us know how it goes.

Did not work. Still not receiving notifications
  4. A Solitary Man Win User

Not Receiving Notifications

Hi,

To properly isolate your concern, please provide answers to the questions below:

1. Are you receiving notifications from your other games or apps on the console?

2. Does the same issue occur when using a different profile on the same game and console?

We're looking forward to your response.

1. It's a hit and miss. Very rarely will I get a notification. It happens with all games and apps. It's not just for achievements but also for friend requests, and received messages as well. I did have pending game updates for a while, but updated them
    last night.

2. As for another profile, it's only been the one on the consol.

We appreciate your response. To resolve your concern, you can follow the steps on the suggested methods below: 

Method 1. Power cycle your Xbox One console.

You can reset, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox One console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.

Here are the steps: 

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. 

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Method 2. Clear the storage cache on the console.

Here are the steps: 

1. Press the menu key on the controller.  

2. Go to Settings, and then select Disc & Blu-Ray.  

3. In the Blu-Ray section select Persistent Storage.  

4. Select Clear persistent storage.

Method 3. Clear Mac address.

Here are the steps: 

2. Select Settings.  

3. Select All Settings.  

4. Select Network.  

5. Select Network settings.  

6. Select Advance settings.  

7. Select Alternate MAC address.  

8. Select Clear.

Let us know how it goes.

I have tried method 1 multiple times and that didn't do anything. I tried methods 2 and 3 yesterday after watching YouTube videos. I am now receiving notifications such as for singing in, when controller batteries are low, and invites. However I'm still
    not receiving achievement notifications.
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey guys -

Currently, the only updates being pushed out are for the Xbox One Preview Program and it sounds like you are both members. Please make sure you guys are leaving feedback for the Preview team via the Xbox One console dashboard app. For further assistance,
    please head over to the
    Preview Program forums.

Thanks! :)
  6. JasonDeJesus Win User

are you by any chance in the xbox preview program ? I also noticed my dashboard changed from the xbox preview dashboard back to the normal one after the update
Thema:

1. Not receiving notifications - Similar Threads - receiving notifications

2. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  3. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  4. I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.: Hello, I have an issue. I can't receive party or game invites notifications. It used to work before and for some reason it stopped working. I tried resetting xbox game bar and xbox apps....
  5. My account "does not exist", but I am logged in and still receiving email notifications. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account "does not exist", but I am logged in and still receiving email notifications. I...: How am I asking this question right now? I'm logged into my account. The email in the top-right drop-down menu is displayed as the same email I'm trying to use to log in, but when I try, then...
  6. Still Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Still Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, Following from my original question on 05 June 2023, I followed the most recent advice given by Geri. I did a software update for my phone, but it didn't resolve my issue. Yesterday I had to...
  7. Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, A short while ago I stopped receiving notifications on my phone when a favourite friend signs in. Never had this issue before. I still receive party invites though. I have not changed...
  8. Xbox sent a notification to parent/family organizer (which is me) but I didn't receive any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox sent a notification to parent/family organizer (which is me) but I didn't receive any...: The microsoft family application is useless - such a disjointed offering across all microsoft services. Expect this from an amateur company not a world leader in technology., Moved from Microsoft...
  9. Still Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Still Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, Following from my original question on 05 June 2023, I followed the most recent advice given by Geri. I did a software update for my phone, but it didn't resolve my issue. Yesterday I had to...
  10. Someone is receiving my Xbox notifications from the app, supposedly they’re not in said...

in XBoX on Windows
    Someone is receiving my Xbox notifications from the app, supposedly they’re not in said...: So someone is receiving my Xbox app notifications when they aren’t logged in or even have the app. I don’t know how to stop this from happening. 38a948cb-3688-4cab-82c5-6f46a6c5b8de