Not receiving notifications for party and game invites

Discus and support Not receiving notifications for party and game invites in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot receive party or game invites on my console (Series X). The party invites show up on my phone but game invites are not received at all. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kyle Rodrigues, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Not receiving notifications for party and game invites

I cannot receive party or game invites on my console (Series X). The party invites show up on my phone but game invites are not received at all. I have tried a solution that requires me to clear my alternative MAC address. This solution works but never for more than a day.

:)

Kyle Rodrigues, Oct 20, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Kyle, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Mister Maka Win User

Not receiving notifications or party and game invites

Hi there meatdog1234!

Sorry to hear about the notification troubles! By now the issue should be cleared up, but if you still can't receive invites, please give your Xbox One a full power cycle by holding down the power button for 8-10 seconds until it powers off.

If you still can't receiving notifications and invites, please let us know so we can help you out.
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

I noticed the same issue after a recent update to the app. There is simply no longer an option to receive party invite notifications in the notification settings of the app.
  5. GUNZxNxROSEZ Win User

Friends list

Hey there!

Unfortunately, there is no way for you to see your 'friends history'. You can try to see if you've received any notifications from them such as: messages, party invites, game invites, etc.
  6. Malacath Win User

Is it possible to play COD Ghosts in the same party with one gamer on XBOX ONE and another gamer on XBOX 360?

I have received party invites playing cod. They appear in the notifications area in the top left of the home screen
Thema:

1. Not receiving notifications for party and game invites - Similar Threads - receiving notifications party

2. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  3. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  4. I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.: Hello, I have an issue. I can't receive party or game invites notifications. It used to work before and for some reason it stopped working. I tried resetting xbox game bar and xbox apps....
  5. My account "does not exist", but I am logged in and still receiving email notifications. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account "does not exist", but I am logged in and still receiving email notifications. I...: How am I asking this question right now? I'm logged into my account. The email in the top-right drop-down menu is displayed as the same email I'm trying to use to log in, but when I try, then...
  6. Still Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Still Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, Following from my original question on 05 June 2023, I followed the most recent advice given by Geri. I did a software update for my phone, but it didn't resolve my issue. Yesterday I had to...
  7. Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, A short while ago I stopped receiving notifications on my phone when a favourite friend signs in. Never had this issue before. I still receive party invites though. I have not changed...
  8. Xbox sent a notification to parent/family organizer (which is me) but I didn't receive any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox sent a notification to parent/family organizer (which is me) but I didn't receive any...: The microsoft family application is useless - such a disjointed offering across all microsoft services. Expect this from an amateur company not a world leader in technology., Moved from Microsoft...
  9. Still Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Still Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, Following from my original question on 05 June 2023, I followed the most recent advice given by Geri. I did a software update for my phone, but it didn't resolve my issue. Yesterday I had to...
  10. Someone is receiving my Xbox notifications from the app, supposedly they’re not in said...

in XBoX on Windows
    Someone is receiving my Xbox notifications from the app, supposedly they’re not in said...: So someone is receiving my Xbox app notifications when they aren’t logged in or even have the app. I don’t know how to stop this from happening. 38a948cb-3688-4cab-82c5-6f46a6c5b8de