Not receiving notification on xbox app

Discus and support Not receiving notification on xbox app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, A short while ago I stopped receiving notifications on my phone when a favourite friend signs in. Never had this issue before. I still receive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Poolnymph, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Poolnymph
    Poolnymph Guest

Hi,

A short while ago I stopped receiving notifications on my phone when a favourite friend signs in. Never had this issue before. I still receive party invites though.

I have not changed notification settings on my phone, xbox app, xbox but double checked them anyway and everything is as it should be. I even signed out of the app and signed back in, I then deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled it. This started happening after one of the recent xbox app updates.

If I'm on my console I receive the fav friend sign-in notification.

Any suggestions?

:)

Poolnymph, Jun 5, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Not getting notifications on Xbox app

To check the system notification settings for the Xbox app, follow these steps (steps may vary depending on your device):

On your mobile device, go to the main Settings menu.

Look for the section or category related to notifications or apps.

Scroll down and locate the Xbox app in the list of installed apps.

Tap on the Xbox app to access its notification settings.

Ensure that notifications are allowed or enabled for the Xbox app.

If you still can't find the notification settings within the system settings, it's possible that the Xbox app doesn't have separate notification controls and relies on the default notification settings of your device.

If you have already verified that notifications are enabled for the Xbox app in your device's settings, and you're still not receiving friend notifications, it's likely a technical issue with the app itself.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

email notifications

Yes I get mine through the Xbox app. You can select, in the Settings in the app, what to receive notifications for. So just make sure you go into the notification settings and set it to where you receive a notification on your phone for new messages. You
    can set it for other things as well.
  4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Stop "Your gamepass subscription has expired" notification in Xbox app

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help

Sign in to your Xbox app account.
    Select your gamertag and then Settings.
    Select Notifications.
    Update the checkboxes based on how you want to receive notifications. (Note) If you turn off notifications in one app but continue to receive notifications, try turning them off in another app as well.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  5. Poolnymph Win User

Hi Geri,

Thank You very much for your reply. I followed the steps but it turns out that "Enable remote features" was already disabled. So it can't be that.

I also viewed the troubleshooting options in the link you gave, but none of them are relevant to the issue being experienced.

Please advise.

Much Appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Pool
  6. Poolnymph Win User

Hi Geri,

I didn't have an opportunity to check and reply at that stage.

Thank You, I will create a new thread
Thema:

1. Not receiving notification on xbox app - Similar Threads - receiving notification app

2. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  3. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  4. I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.: Hello, I have an issue. I can't receive party or game invites notifications. It used to work before and for some reason it stopped working. I tried resetting xbox game bar and xbox apps....
  5. My account "does not exist", but I am logged in and still receiving email notifications. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account "does not exist", but I am logged in and still receiving email notifications. I...: How am I asking this question right now? I'm logged into my account. The email in the top-right drop-down menu is displayed as the same email I'm trying to use to log in, but when I try, then...
  6. Still Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Still Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, Following from my original question on 05 June 2023, I followed the most recent advice given by Geri. I did a software update for my phone, but it didn't resolve my issue. Yesterday I had to...
  7. Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, A short while ago I stopped receiving notifications on my phone when a favourite friend signs in. Never had this issue before. I still receive party invites though. I have not changed...
  8. Still Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Still Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, Following from my original question on 05 June 2023, I followed the most recent advice given by Geri. I did a software update for my phone, but it didn't resolve my issue. Yesterday I had to...
  9. Someone is receiving my Xbox notifications from the app, supposedly they’re not in said...

in XBoX on Windows
    Someone is receiving my Xbox notifications from the app, supposedly they’re not in said...: So someone is receiving my Xbox app notifications when they aren’t logged in or even have the app. I don’t know how to stop this from happening. 38a948cb-3688-4cab-82c5-6f46a6c5b8de
  10. Why don't I receive the notification on the authenticator app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why don't I receive the notification on the authenticator app?: so I wanted to play a game and I needed to login in with Xbox live and it told me there should be a notification on my microsoft authenticator but there was nothing. I recently changed phones...