Not receiving MOST of game invitation

Discus and support Not receiving MOST of game invitation in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm having this problem where my friends sent me game invitations and I never receive them, however I noticed it's something random, I actually receive... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by meddina-[xboxvenue], Mar 30, 2023.

1. Not receiving MOST of game invitation

I'm having this problem where my friends sent me game invitations and I never receive them, however I noticed it's something random, I actually receive one game invitations for Destiny 2 but I do not receive game invitation for any other game (ie: rocket league, Trails Rising, division 2, etc):

What I tried:

- I tested and logged in into two different consoles (Series X and ONE S), same result

- I followed steps on this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...as-party/c9d3a78c-17ae-4ded-944f-5309496e83c6 and the issue persisted.

- I verified and confirmed everything is fine on the privacy configuration.

- I verified my Microsoft account and xbox profile configuration a didn't see something wrong. I haven't made any change.

- I receive messages and can chat.

- I can send party and game invites and my friends will receive them

- My NAT is OPEN

- All network tests are good, no issues at all.

- My friends can join my parties and games without problems except fort Trials Rising, on that one I can send the invite but they will get an error and it wouldn't let them join on that game. I can't join to theirs either.

- I can join their games from inside the game and play.

- I can join online public games like Battlefield 2024, Rocket league, etc.

- I DO receive Party invites from my friends and they popup in the screen.

- All of the game invitations will appear on the notification bell after several hours but they are all expired.

- Game invites will not arrive to my mobile either.

I just do not receive any game invite and I believe the problem is not with the console since I tried in two different ones with the same results. it also seems to be random and I think there's something wrong with my profile

:)

meddina-[xboxvenue], Mar 30, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Not receiving MOST of game invitations on XBOX

Hi meddina-[xboxvenue],

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you encountered issues in party gaming with friends on Xbox app. As per description, you have tried a lot of troubleshooting steps, tested to different devices, check NAT, configuration settings and research on the web find resolution but with no recourse.

It seems like you have already done a lot of troubleshooting steps but still you were not able to find the resolution. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

Based on our research we have found some Troubleshooting steps and see if this works for you. You may skip those you have done already.

Option 1:

Check the network connection

Install Teredo Adapter

Check the permissions

Reboot the app & the associated service

Reset the Xbox app

Change the default playback device

Disable Windows Firewall and third-party antivirus

Option 2:

Restart Xbox One

Check the network cable

Connect directly to the modem

Make sure your Live Gold membership is still valid

Check the Xbox Live service status

Make sure your kid isn’t restricted from playing online

specific case: Multiplayer error, your account is set up online

Option 3:

Adjust the friend settings.

Make sure to turn off the Auto Decline Friend Request option in your Friends Settings.

Additionally, both you and the person you are sending the friend request should verify your email addresses to ensure that the request goes through.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

Option 4:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes.

If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.
    2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.
    3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
    4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

Additionally, try to check these two articles.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Not receiving MOST of game invitations on XBOX

Hi meddina-[xboxvenue],

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. FearedNightmare Win User

Preview Program Invite

@LWCRman

If you never received an invite message then you were most likely never invite, so please post in the abovementioned forumpost
  5. NENGaming Win User

Not receiving game invites

Sounds like a NAT type issue or an ISP instability problem. What is your NAT type at the moment? If it's strict or moderate you could experience problems and may want to force a new IP address.

Even if your NAT type is saying open I would still be inclined to reset your router and force a new IP address. To do this simply unplug all wires from the back of your router and wait for 5 minutes (must be 5 minutes) then plug everything back in again.

Hopefully that will sort it. If not try changing your DNS IPv4 & IPv6 addresses. Use

Google's public DNS
    if you like.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Not receiving game invites

Thanks for the update!

Are you possibly able to test your Xbox One on a different network to see if there's any change?
Thema:

Not receiving MOST of game invitation

1. Not receiving MOST of game invitation - Similar Threads - receiving game invitation

2. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  3. My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.: So I've been having a lot o trouble with my Xbox app on PC. When my friends try to invite me to their party or game I don't receive any notification, nor invitation, to the Xbox app on my PC,...
  4. How do I receive invites to parties and games on pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I receive invites to parties and games on pc?: My xbox friends try inviting me but I CANNOT receive their invites for some reason. I've checked every notifcation setting and I've reinstalled game bar several times but still nothing works. I've...
  5. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  6. I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.: Hello, I have an issue. I can't receive party or game invites notifications. It used to work before and for some reason it stopped working. I tried resetting xbox game bar and xbox apps....
  7. Not receiving MOST of game invitations on XBOX

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving MOST of game invitations on XBOX: I'm having this problem where my friends send me game invitations and I never receive them, however I noticed it's something random, I actually received one game invitation for Destiny 2 but I do...
  8. why haven't I received a gifted game

in XBoX Accessibility
    why haven't I received a gifted game: hey Microsoft I recently just gifted myself a digital game called Who's your Daddy on Xbox and for some reason I haven't received it all day I would like some help please....
  9. I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.: I am trying to join community post, but I can't join their game invites they are on console and I'm on pc but if my pc friend invites me to their game, I can join them....
  10. Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.: As said in the title after the recent game bar update I cant get invites to games or parties on the game bar. It works whenever I restart my PC or reset the app but then after a good few hrs, it...