Not receiving identity verification SMS code

Discus and support Not receiving identity verification SMS code in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been trying to log in to a microsoft account for around a week now. Every time I enter the password, I get "We have detected unusual activity on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Benjamin H.D., Jan 28, 2023.

1. Not receiving identity verification SMS code

I've been trying to log in to a microsoft account for around a week now. Every time I enter the password, I get "We have detected unusual activity on your Microsoft account ***************@gmail.com, or believe your credentials are at risk.

For your security and to ensure only you have access to your account, we will ask you to verify your identity and change your password" (It's a microsoft account set up with a gmail address). It then offers to send a verification code to a number and the last two digits are shown. These two digits match my phone number that I associated with this account, but when I enter the last 4 digits in the code just never arrives. I've tried many times over the past week and have never gotten a code once. I've also tried filling out the account recovery form to the best of my abilities but it's never successful. I have the phone number tied to the account and have no problems receiving other SMS messages, I'm just trying to get access because I have a paid product that I need this account to access.

:)

Benjamin H.D., Jan 28, 2023
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Not receiving sms verification code

Log into your account and verify the contact information to make sure the code is going to the correct number.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Mr Liquidifier Win User

I have the same problem. I had bought in game items before via mobile. But now its asking for a verification code which was sent to my mobile which i never received. And there is no option to receive the verification code on any email. Its not the mobile
    operators problem too. Please fix it and help me out here
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi there LoushiHD,

Thanks for updating us with your replies. Its possible that the mobile phone payment option may not be available or limited in nature via your mobile phone carrier, or in your region. You may wish to contact them to be sure. Otherwise you should be able
    to
    manage your payment options online
    with ease. If you continue to experience difficulty, you may also wish to request a call back from Xbox Support for more direct assistance as we here on the forums do not have the tools available to do so.

When you go to Contact Usto request a callback, follow these steps:

• Step 1 ----Select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----Select See other options
    • Step 3 ----Select topic
    • Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"
    • Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

Once they call, explain the issue and they will be able to help you.

I hope this information helps.
  6. LoushiHD Win User

What i am trying to purchase is xbox live membership, one of the payment options is mobile phone payment, i am suposed to receive a confirmation code via sms to my number so that i can confirm it is realy me trying to buy it, they tell me that the message
    has been sent however i never received anything.
Thema:

Not receiving identity verification SMS code

1. Not receiving identity verification SMS code - Similar Threads - receiving identity verification

2. Can’t receive my emails

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t receive my emails: hello the reason why I’m sending a message is that A while back I tried to login to my Microsoft account but It told me that I was supposed to verify it was me by sending a security code but I...
  3. How can i receive the Midnight Drive pack in Rocket League?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i receive the Midnight Drive pack in Rocket League?: I don’t know what should i do because i bought that with my xbox series s but i can’t find the Midnight Drive pack in my inventory. Is there a way I can receive the pack?...
  4. Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port: Hi all, So I have a series x/s controller that I've had for a while now that I mainly use on my pc by connecting it with a USB C cable but a few days ago it didn't turn on, I've tried connecting...
  5. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  6. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  7. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  8. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  9. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  10. Why haven't I received my refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why haven't I received my refund?: Hey there, I recently requested a refund for a purchase I made and I was notified that it was processed. However, I have not seen the funds hit my account. d086611f-cc2f-4180-a7bd-2ab130ec473f