Not receiving game invite notifications

Discus and support Not receiving game invite notifications in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing Minecraft and I called a friend and he tried to invite me to his world and it did not work. He invited me several times and i even... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Imran Karim, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Imran Karim
    Imran Karim Guest

I was playing Minecraft and I called a friend and he tried to invite me to his world and it did not work. He invited me several times and i even restarted my PC and i still did not get it. I tried with other friends and i
    got none of their invites but they got mine. This is happening with all platforms like PS4, Xbox 1, and PC. I have even been connected to the Xbox app. Please help i want to play with my friends.I have even been connected to the Xbox app.

:)

Imran Karim, Apr 26, 2020
  2. John Dowding Win User

How do you find your Friends game invites?

Should find game invites in notifications. Or are you saying invites not received?
  3. Mister Revised Win User

Not receiving notifications/game invites

Hey there, let's try
    removing the profile
    from the console then adding it back and try again then let us know if you still aren't getting the notifications.
  4. Ryan Whittington Win User

Not receiving invites or notifications

Since this post got no traction here I wanted to add the solution I found which I summarized in my Xbox Reddit post (got more support there). You can find the full post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/636dpo/tech_signing_in_to_xbox_app_results_in_no_invites/?...

Here are the steps I took to solve this issue which appears related to the Xbox iOS app, Xbox Windows 10 app, and Xbox one interacting in a not so nice manner and junking up the router:

1. Uninstall the Xbox iOS app from my phone
    2. Un-check all notifications under the settings on the Xbox
    3. Switch Xbox to "energy save" (so it fully shuts down every time)
    4. Remove profile entirely
    5. Hard re-boot Xbox and Router, removing the power supplies of both
    6. Start up router, wait for it to connect to the interwebs
    7. Start up Xbox, re-download profile, enable notifications
    8. Never use the Xbox iOS app again

Other steps I took that may have made no change but you might want to try just in case:

•Forwarded all ports recommended by Xbox on their support site

•Set Xbox up with a static IP address (later I removed this)

•Removed static IP address from my laptop (not sure why it was there in the first place)

•Disabled all Xbox notifications on the Windows 10 xbox app and then signing out (haven't signed back in yet and don't plan on it)

•Disabled all notifications on the iOS app before uninstalling it from my phone

I wanted to post the final results here just in case anyone, like me, finds this thread in the future and says "wait what was the conclusion!?!". I spend MANY hours googling and reading through countless threads about this and all of them didn't result in
    a fix or just died without the original poster confirming anything worked. Good luck!
  5. Ryan Whittington Win User

just a quick update, I realized after some testing with a buddy that I only receive invitations if my computer that runs windows 10 is turned on. I've gone through the notifications menu in the Xbox app and everything. I cannot receive invitations so long
    as my computer is turned off. How is this even an issue
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there!

Sincere apologies for not catching this thread, but I'm happy to see you got it resolved. We are the same team that helps others out over in Reddit too, so I'm happy to see we got to you there.

Thank you for posting that resolution up!
Thema:

1. Not receiving game invite notifications - Similar Threads - receiving game invite

2. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  3. My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.: So I've been having a lot o trouble with my Xbox app on PC. When my friends try to invite me to their party or game I don't receive any notification, nor invitation, to the Xbox app on my PC,...
  4. How do I receive invites to parties and games on pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I receive invites to parties and games on pc?: My xbox friends try inviting me but I CANNOT receive their invites for some reason. I've checked every notifcation setting and I've reinstalled game bar several times but still nothing works. I've...
  5. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  6. I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.: Hello, I have an issue. I can't receive party or game invites notifications. It used to work before and for some reason it stopped working. I tried resetting xbox game bar and xbox apps....
  7. Not receiving MOST of game invitations on XBOX

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving MOST of game invitations on XBOX: I'm having this problem where my friends send me game invitations and I never receive them, however I noticed it's something random, I actually received one game invitation for Destiny 2 but I do...
  8. why haven't I received a gifted game

in XBoX Accessibility
    why haven't I received a gifted game: hey Microsoft I recently just gifted myself a digital game called Who's your Daddy on Xbox and for some reason I haven't received it all day I would like some help please....
  9. I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.: I am trying to join community post, but I can't join their game invites they are on console and I'm on pc but if my pc friend invites me to their game, I can join them....
  10. Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.: As said in the title after the recent game bar update I cant get invites to games or parties on the game bar. It works whenever I restart my PC or reset the app but then after a good few hrs, it...