Not getting security code from Microsoft

Discus and support Not getting security code from Microsoft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been trying to access information and other categories in my Microsoft account to alter some settings, but the security code that is required is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AJAPP, May 15, 2022.

1. AJAPP
    AJAPP Guest

I've been trying to access information and other categories in my Microsoft account to alter some settings, but the security code that is required is not getting sent to my number. After some time, I put in a request to change the number that is bound to the account. I waited for a bit to let the request go through, but I figured I should ask about getting the security code and linked phone number to work properly on this side.

:)

AJAPP, May 15, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today Ajapp.

In this case the best option is request again phone number update where you did it previously
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Ich kann für die Emailadresse meiner Tochter kein Microsoft-Konto erstellen [I can't create a Microsoft account for my daughter's email address]

Hi there Sperok,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with not receiving the code for your Microsoft Account.

I recommend to take a look at the following troubleshooting article:
    Microsoft account security info & security codes

On the article, under the Paragraph Line - Troubleshooting security code issues:

• I'm not getting my security code. What do I do?

Try this and let us know the results.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

microsoft account alias rename not working

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with receiving the code to help confirm a Microsoft Account.

I suggest trying to use the following article:
    Microsoft account security info & security codes
    . Please try the troubleshooting under the section Troubleshooting security code issues,
    I'm not getting my security code. What do I do?

Try this and let us know the results.
  5. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

USAGE LIMIT EXCEEDED

If you see a "usage limit exceeded" error message when requesting a security code, this could mean the phone number has been used too many times in a short period of time, or that Microsoft detected something suspicious about the phone
    number.

To better protect you and your information, Microsoft blocks the ability to request security codes from certain phone numbers when the risk of fraud is potentially detected.

If you can't get a security code, or if your security code doesn't work, go to
    When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account and follow the instructions under
    I can't get a verification code.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/microsoft-account-cant-sign-in
  6. Simohamed-Ghali Win User

Account Suspended

they made this:
    Microsoft account To protect against fraud or abuse, Microsoft temporarily locks accounts when unusual activity occurs. To unlock your account, simply sign in to your Microsoft account and follow the instructions to get a security code. If you can't get a security code, or if your security code isn't working, go to When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account and follow the instructions under Can't get a verification code.

So i think my account is not permantly but temporarily lock (but i can't get the verification code so i need to use reinstatment form)
Thema:

1. Not getting security code from Microsoft - Similar Threads - getting security code

2. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason *** moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Other*** bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7
  3. My Xbox account and all security questions hacked and changed - how can I get this account...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox account and all security questions hacked and changed - how can I get this account...: Someone hacked my Xbox account My original email and all my personal information and security questions have been changed Therefore every time I try and contact Xbox live, I am unable to get...
  4. cant get on xbox to security info change?

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant get on xbox to security info change?: it said it would not affect my ability to use xbox live :( so when i log in on xbox one i get a pop up saying "Did you request a security info change?" and yes i did due to the phone numberl no...
  5. WHY cant I get a new security code and is there anything yall can *actually* do about it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    WHY cant I get a new security code and is there anything yall can *actually* do about it?: Yalls password system is really this sensitive that I cant ask for a new code too quickly while trying to reset my password? I cant sign into Microsoft Flight Simulator because I have to sign into...
  6. Is there a way to get more security for the original xbox console from 2001?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to get more security for the original xbox console from 2001?: I wanted to be able to play some original xbox games, but since they are not supported on the xbox 360 is there any way I could get security for it. I know where to buy the original xbox console,...
  7. "Help us secure your account" Bug that wont let me get past resetting my password when i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Help us secure your account" Bug that wont let me get past resetting my password when i...: Using an alternate account for this. I cannot sign in to my account of almost 10+ years. Every time I go to sign in it gives me this message: Help us secure your account. We have detected...
  8. Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.: Hello, i'm chip and i'm in need of some help. Last night i tried to log into my account with my usual email, only for it to show "An account with the specified username could not be found. Try...
  9. I keep getting error with "Security code"

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error with "Security code": I use VISA, and I live in USA. I tried adding my debt card to my Xbox Console, it keep saying the CVV is incorrect and kept getting error messages. I triple checked and got everything correct. I...
  10. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7