Not getting full download speed

Discus and support Not getting full download speed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello so I have a Xbox series x and and when I install a game it says I only get 300 mbps but with my plan I get 1000 down and 20 up and I ran a speed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bohdi Hatton, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Bohdi Hatton
    Bohdi Hatton Guest

Hello so I have a Xbox series x and and when I install a game it says I only get 300 mbps but with my plan I get 1000 down and 20 up and I ran a speed test on my Xbox and it’s perfect 1000 down and 20 up. So I was wondering why am I not installing games faster?

:)

Bohdi Hatton, Nov 10, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Bohdi, the game download will never reach 100% of its speed, this is a working pattern.

But to improve as much as you can, you need to connect the console via cable, and configure your network.

So you just need to configure your internet devices now.

They are unconfigured, so have access restrictions, causing these errors.

If you do not have knowledge, I advise you to contact the ISP that they will do for you

set a fixed ip for the console/PC, open the ports described below, disable and enable the UPnP function and disable the modem firewall, if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Put console/PC IP in DMZ zone.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

You can ask ISP(Internet Service Provider) for help

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. mk4Y Win User

Xbox one x download speeds

You dont always get the full download speed it depends on server connection to xbl, speed by ISP and other reasons.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Problem with downloading games

It could be a problem on the server side. Download speeds are dependent on a lot of factors so it is extremely rare to get full DL speeds while downloading files. You will almost always get much different speeds when doing speed tests than you do when
    download large files.
  5. CyTeK1978 Win User

Xbox one gigabit internet speed capability

Microsoft has h DL Speed Limit for its Store Downloads.

The Problem is, even Microsoft gets Sone Problems when everyone is downloading with Full speed on the Servers.

Most time its about 150-350 MBit.
  6. Frathos Win User

Xbox one slow game download speeds but good speeds when testing the connection

If you are getting your full ISP speed with the Speed Test then there likely isn't anything wrong with your console. Game download speeds vary according to time of day, internet and/or Microsoft server load. There is NO guaranteed continuous maximum game
    download speed as this is dynamic based on the conditions I mentioned in prior sentence.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Not getting full download speed - Similar Threads - getting full download

2. Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.

in XboX Insiders
    Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.: I hope the sneak preview ultimate members are getting isn't the entire sale because in my opinion it kinda sucks. You'd think people in the insider program would get to see the list early....
  3. I purchased v-bucks but didnt get the full 1000 only 200 ?

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased v-bucks but didnt get the full 1000 only 200 ?: I didnt get all my v-bucks i just brought I purchased 1000 and only got 200? 53aa40da-bbd9-45a9-9c89-dd667afa2101
  4. Can I get a full refoumd of the fortnite crew?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a full refoumd of the fortnite crew?: My brother brought the FortniteCrew on my account but it was unnecesarry e9b41a12-e8bf-4b6d-a3cc-84088451361c
  5. Why am I getting a full screen ad for CoD?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting a full screen ad for CoD?: I did not pre-order the new call of duty. Why am I getting a full screen ad for it when I turn on my Xbox? 46d63058-524e-47dd-a0a0-4bcddaaece47
  6. How do I get Minecraft back on my Xbox 360 it won’t let me get the full game back even tho...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get Minecraft back on my Xbox 360 it won’t let me get the full game back even tho...: How do I get Minecraft back on my Xbox 360 it won’t let me get the full game back even tho I bought the full game *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  7. Can I get a full refund on blessed unleased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a full refund on blessed unleased: Can I get a full refund on blessed unleased because it is shut down and will not let me log in or even open the game app, i have tried everything to get it to work but it wont. this is a rip off I...
  8. Full time PS5 user here. Should I get a Series S 1TB or a Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Full time PS5 user here. Should I get a Series S 1TB or a Series X?: I'm very interested in the Game Pass, along with Starfield coming to XBOX. Should I get a Series S Carbon or the Series X? It will be a secondary console as I will be using my PS5 most of the...
  9. When I look at my “Full Library” tab, I see all of the old owner’s games. How do I get rid...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I look at my “Full Library” tab, I see all of the old owner’s games. How do I get rid...: Hi Xbox. On my Xbox One S, when I open the “Full Library” tab under “Games,” it shows all of the previous owner’s old, and I believe, new games. How do I get rid of these games so I can only see...
  10. Do you guys know how to I get my full download speed please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do you guys know how to I get my full download speed please?: Hello everyone! Hope yall doing great I got a 25mbps speed download but when im download games only 4Mbp/s only shows.Do you guys know how to I get my full download speed please, thank you...