Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

Discus and support Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I set up my xbox one x and under audio/video it is telling me that I dont have 4k or HDR. I have a samsung UN58MU6100 which has both 4k and hdr10 so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by beargrizzle25, Nov 9, 2017.

  1. Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR



    • I set up my xbox one x and under audio/video it is telling me that I dont have 4k or HDR. I have a samsung UN58MU6100 which has both 4k and hdr10 so not sure what to do. When I try to enable 4k the xbox tells me that my tv doesnt support that resolution but
      it has a native resolution of 3840X2160. I do have a denon receiver that the Xbox plugs into and I tried bypassing it but that gave the same results. Any ideas how I can fix this issue?

    :)
     
    beargrizzle25, Nov 9, 2017
    #1
  2. ELTALADRITO
    ELTALADRITO Guest
    Xbox One Elite 1TB

    xbox one elite not have 4k resolution or HDR, plus not have low latency mode
     
    ELTALADRITO, Nov 9, 2017
    #2
  3. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Xbox One-X Fail

    Hi Duffmyster,

    If you have all check boxes for the HDR / 4K you should be good to go. Why do you think that you're not receiving 4K resolution? Do you have Netflix or something, where you can see if there is a 4K category, or see if HDR / 4K is listed under something like
    Defenders?
     
    Hordie, Nov 9, 2017
    #3
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

    Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

    Hi beargrizzle25,

    Sorry you're having issues getting 4k / HDR with your TV. Looking at the specs of your TV it doesn't appear to be HDR, so that wouldn't be an option. With Samsung's MU Series TV you would need to be in the 7000 range, and not the 6000 range. That said, I
    have a Samsung HDR 4K, and to get it to properly register you need to go to the Samsung menu and enable UHD color on the HDMI port you're using. If you don't do that, then the Xbox won't detect it correctly.
     
    Hordie, Nov 9, 2017
    #4
  5. yeah I have HDR+ enabled and I have HDMI UHD color enabled in all three hdmi ports and still no dice Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR :(
     
    beargrizzle25, Nov 9, 2017
    #5
  6. yeah I have HDR+ enabled and I have HDMI UHD color enabled in all three hdmi ports and still no dice Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR :(
     
    beargrizzle25, Nov 9, 2017
    #6
  7. So, update. I reset my Xbox one X and now it recognizes that the TV has 4k UHD but when I try to switch to 4K I get the "That didnt work" error.
     
    beargrizzle25, Nov 9, 2017
    #7
  8. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

    Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

    So I have the MU8000 and I know it was a bit tricky to get it to work. Sorry for her HDR, I was going off retail specs I saw. I only enabled UHD color on the main HDMI port. I purposely did not use the CEC HDMI. So mine is UHD Color on HDMI 1, and only that.
    I did not tweak any HDR settings on the TV because it made for a worse picture, or did not even register.

    Try the one port with UHD color only enabled. Then hard reboot the Xbox by holding the power button down till it turns off. Then turn it back on. Go to your video settings and test again. Also make sure you're using the HDMI that came with the Xbox.
     
    Hordie, Nov 1, 2018
    #8
  9. Internet Expert Win User

    4K games on a 4K TV with 8bit panel.

    You'll still get the true 4K resolution in the games, but you won't get HDR as your TV only supports up to 8-bit color.

    HDR is just an additional feature on top of 4K. If you want HDR, you'll need to find a new 4K TV that supports the HDR10 media profile. Otherwise, you'll be fine with your current 4K set.
  10. beargrizzle25 Win User

    Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

    So, update. I reset my Xbox one X and now it recognizes that the TV has 4k UHD but when I try to switch to 4K I get the "That didnt work" error.
  11. Hordie Win User

    Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

    Hi beargrizzle25,

    Sorry you're having issues getting 4k / HDR with your TV. Looking at the specs of your TV it doesn't appear to be HDR, so that wouldn't be an option. With Samsung's MU Series TV you would need to be in the 7000 range, and not the 6000 range. That said, I
    have a Samsung HDR 4K, and to get it to properly register you need to go to the Samsung menu and enable UHD color on the HDMI port you're using. If you don't do that, then the Xbox won't detect it correctly.
  12. beargrizzle25 Win User

    Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

    yeah I have HDR+ enabled and I have HDMI UHD color enabled in all three hdmi ports and still no dice :(
  13. Hordie Win User

    Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

    So, update. I reset my Xbox one X and now it recognizes that the TV has 4k UHD but when I try to switch to 4K I get the "That didnt work" error.
    So I have the MU8000 and I know it was a bit tricky to get it to work. Sorry for her HDR, I was going off retail specs I saw. I only enabled UHD color on the main HDMI port. I purposely did not use the CEC HDMI. So mine is UHD Color on HDMI 1, and only that.
    I did not tweak any HDR settings on the TV because it made for a worse picture, or did not even register.

    Try the one port with UHD color only enabled. Then hard reboot the Xbox by holding the power button down till it turns off. Then turn it back on. Go to your video settings and test again. Also make sure you're using the HDMI that came with the Xbox.
Thema:

Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

Loading...
  1. Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR - Similar Threads - getting Resolution HDR

  2. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  3. How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?: I hit Level 5 a little while back, and I've been an Insiders member for almost 5 years. The Xbox Insiders page says you can change your ring in the Xbox Insiders app via the Manage button, but I...
  4. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  5. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  6. When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.

    in XboX Insiders
    When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.: I get it. Things take time. But how long has it been for some ppl who have been far more active than me in the beta stage for their shot at alpha? This isn’t a demand, I’m simply asking, can you...
  7. Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier: Do I have to get a invite to move up and is that the only way I can get the update for disk to digital submitted by /u/supermario6486 [link] [comments]
  8. Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?: My tv is Hisense 55e7kpro with chipset of mediatek pentonic 700(MT9618). But I have a confusion because according to this announcement...
  9. Disc eject beeping when trying to get into low resolution mode

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc eject beeping when trying to get into low resolution mode: Im trying to set up my Xbox one s on a new tv, but it will say no signal, so I've been trying to get it into low resolution mode but i hear the disc eject button and the power button at the same...
  10. will the xbox 120hz gameplay every get better resolution?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    will the xbox 120hz gameplay every get better resolution?: will the xbox 120hz gameplay every get better resolution? be1c1428-c7d2-4097-80be-b44cb79b7056