not allowing me to change gamertag to specific username despite it not being taken.

Discus and support not allowing me to change gamertag to specific username despite it not being taken. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So recently me and some of my friends decided to all begin our gamertags with BoLT as we thought it was reminiscent of when people used to start clans... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Leyhs, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Leyhs
    Leyhs Guest

not allowing me to change gamertag to specific username despite it not being taken.

So recently me and some of my friends decided to all begin our gamertags with BoLT as we thought it was reminiscent of when people used to start clans on call of duty. i chose the name "BoLT " i checked the see if the gamertag was taken and turns out it wasnt, so i made a new account and tried giving it the gamertag "BoLT " but according to xbox it was taken and it tried giving me ugly numbers next to the gamertag. (i wanted to grind levels in old call of dutys so i made a new account instead of changing my main account) i searched the gamertag and noone had it so can someone please explain why this is happening.

not allowing me to change gamertag to specific username despite it not being taken. [​IMG]

not allowing me to change gamertag to specific username despite it not being taken. [​IMG]

:)

Leyhs, Oct 22, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Leyhs, this usually happens because the Gamertag was in use by another account but it is no longer, so it goes into a kind of suspension in the system, so you can't select it.

The only solution is to choose the Gamertag with suffixes, however the suffixes will not appear in all games, this is hidden serving only to differentiate who owns the Gamertag.

This system was implemented by Microsoft so that more people could choose the same Gamertags.

More information on the link below.

Xbox gamertag FAQ

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. ngocphi Win User

Ummm BoLT Leyhs is In use

If you change the other account to that name.then you cant till you free it up
  4. Leyhs Win User

it randomly started allowing me to use the gamertag. ive now taken the gamertag which is prolly whats coming up for you.
  5. Danno McK. Win User

Gamertag

[quote user="John S117 Sll"]Saying the gamertag is taken when I try to type it in, but I also try to put in in my profile and it says its an illegal text but its my last name?[/quote]

There's probably no harm in telling us what gamertag you're trying to change to, since the system is telling you that it is taken. Maybe we'll be able to tell you which version is taken, or whether it is in fact triggering the content filter (despite
    being your surname).

I don't know if prohibited text in a gamertag change request triggers an actual "text not allowed" message or the generic "gamertag is taken" error. But keep in mind that gamertags cannot differ only by spaces: because you are
    John S117 Sll, I could not change to JohnS117Sll (without spaces)-- the system would tell me that the gamertag is taken.
  6. Antheiia Win User

Xbox Gamertag

If it isn't allowing you to change your gamer tag, it is because it's taken or the Gamertag is against the code of conduct. It would probably be best to contact support to get a specific answer.
Thema:

1. not allowing me to change gamertag to specific username despite it not being taken. - Similar Threads - allowing change gamertag

2. HOW TO CHANGE XBOX FAMILY ORGANISER TO ALLOW SCREENTIME LIMITS.

in XBoX Accessibility
    HOW TO CHANGE XBOX FAMILY ORGANISER TO ALLOW SCREENTIME LIMITS.: I want to set a screen time on the family group organiser! I set up the Box incorrectly and my child (14) has to login as me (the adult/organiser). How can I either set a screen time on the...
  3. Why do I not have the option to change my Hertz allowed in my Xbox setting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I not have the option to change my Hertz allowed in my Xbox setting?: I currently just got the Xbox Series X and was wanting to run 120 FPS, but I noticed there is not an option to change it in my Xbox settings. I have the "Acer Nitro 34" Class UWQHD Curved Gaming...
  4. I changed all my account's settings to "allow" but still can't play multiplayer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed all my account's settings to "allow" but still can't play multiplayer.: I finally managed to create an adult account that could add my main to a family group and change my account's settings. But when I did and opened Minecraft Java again, multiplayer is still...
  5. I want to change my gamertag but xbox says it isnt allowed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my gamertag but xbox says it isnt allowed.: I want to change it to DarkAvenjer08 but i cant because of the stupid 12 character limit so i tried just DarkAvenjer (spelt with a j because when i first thought of the username it was taken with...
  6. Why does my account not allow me to change my primary alias to my gmail? normally this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my account not allow me to change my primary alias to my gmail? normally this...: We were unable to make ###@gmail.com your primary alias. Please try again later. This has been ongoing for nearly a month or more cf2aeaf8-61bc-4fd3-9b25-7d01e5aa7f91
  7. Everytime I try to change my crossplay from Blaikes to allow its saying try again there is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Everytime I try to change my crossplay from Blaikes to allow its saying try again there is...: Everytime I try to change my crossplay from Blaikes to allow its saying try again there is a temporary issue and when I try again I keep getting the same thing 74cb5379-aa93-469e-9ef1-8b4d81dd6596
  8. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in: Hi, How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've noticed that Xbox 360 games are still trying to...
  9. The Xbox website on google won't let me sign in and change my privacy settings to allow me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox website on google won't let me sign in and change my privacy settings to allow me...: I have tried to connect to the sign in on different web browsers but every time I get an error message when trying to sign into my Microsoft account on the Xbox account website. I have tried...
  10. Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive: Recently I have purchased Xbox Game Pass on my Windows 11 PC however I cannot change my installation to my D: Drive and get the drive issue "D: - This drive isn't formatted as NTFS. (it is NTFS)...