Not allowing child/teen purchase online

Discus and support Not allowing child/teen purchase online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is making me really mad. Im not allow to purchase anthing on this website but I can on the xbox. So can someone please help me resolve thia... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GraigD, Jan 2, 2014.

1. GraigD
    GraigD Guest

This is making me really mad. Im not allow to purchase anthing on this website but I can on the xbox. So can someone please help me resolve thia problem because I seach all over the web and their no answer

:)

GraigD, Jan 2, 2014
  2. FIZBAN11
    FIZBAN11 Guest
    Avatar Companion blocked for child account - Parent can't purchase for a kid? Seriously?

So, my daughter wants to purchase an avatar item, Baby Groot Companion, for her avatar from the marketplace store. The item is FREE. She's blocked from doing so by MS due to being a child/teen account. Even though I am her parent, and even though I changed the family settings to allow her to purchase content and even though I have billing setup with MS, she still CANNOT purchase the item. I can't purchase it for her. Seriously?!!

Who in their infinite wisdom decided that FREE content allowed by a parent, can still NOT be purchased by a child? Come to think of it, if this is the case, why is there no way for a parent to purchase content and gift it to a child account?

FIZBAN11, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Unable to purchase backward compatible content for Xbox One. "Your Purchase cannot be completed at this time, Please try again."

Try purchasing the game using an Xbox 360.

By the way, make sure you're not using a child or teen account. Child and teen accounts are prevented from making purchases in the Xbox 360 Marketplace. Changing your Microsoft account age or your purchase settings won't resolve this issue.

Source:
    support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-xbox%20360-marketplace-purchasing

Jo Mari GianGuintu, Jan 2, 2014
  4. GraigD
    GraigD Guest

And it said It need a parent to change to allow purchase but on my xbox it says adult and I can't purchase stff still

GraigD, Jan 2, 2014
  5. It's most likely due to your age. The website and console are not the same thing. Different laws.

If you need something purchased online here, you'll need your parent to do it.

Jinxed Violynne, Jan 3, 2014
  6. GraigD
    GraigD Guest
    But still same thing same company same network that making it run so i should be allow to purchase from both.

GraigD, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    [quote user="monsterkid211"]

But still same thing same company same network that making it run so i should be allow to purchase from both.

[/quote]

That doesn't matter. You need the person who is actually paying for it (the person who's name is on the credit card) to authorise it.

Dirty Loco, Jan 4, 2014
  8. GraigD
    GraigD Guest

But it said If I want to purchase stuff i need my parent to change to allow purchase i tried but it keep on going to the xbox one cant be change from online when im using and 360

GraigD, Oct 31, 2018
  9. GraigD Win User

10. GraigD Win User

And it said It need a parent to change to allow purchase but on my xbox it says adult and I can't purchase stff still
  11. GraigD Win User

But it said If I want to purchase stuff i need my parent to change to allow purchase i tried but it keep on going to the xbox one cant be change from online when im using and 360
  12. Dirty Loco Win User

[quote user="monsterkid211"]

[/quote]

That doesn't matter. You need the person who is actually paying for it (the person who's name is on the credit card) to authorise it.
  13. Jinxed Violynne Win User

It's most likely due to your age. The website and console are not the same thing. Different laws.

If you need something purchased online here, you'll need your parent to do it.
Thema:

1. Not allowing child/teen purchase online - Similar Threads - allowing child teen

2. Minecraft java won't allow child on multiplayer even after giving authorizations

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft java won't allow child on multiplayer even after giving authorizations: Hi, I'm witing this from my brother's account. We bought him minecraft but multiplayer wasn't allowed so I allowed everything in the xbox/windows parental settings but it still doesn't work. Now...
  3. Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S: Screen shows: Give this code to an adult You're not quite old enough for this PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily +rciZxNr49hdDcBjudZKHv.781 2023/12/29 - 21:40:35 UTC I already changed...
  4. I have purchased microsoft jave for my child but it will not allow multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have purchased microsoft jave for my child but it will not allow multiplayer: How do i enable multiplayer on my microsoft account for minecraft java deluxe edition? c23cca5b-c619-4fd3-a8ca-d46133fd9c4f
  5. Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings: We have spent hours going through every step recommended, we've downloaded the xbox family app, we've set everything to "allowed" via my parental account, we've restarted his computer, we've...
  6. What is the best way to set up a child's Xbox account to allow time limits and for him to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the best way to set up a child's Xbox account to allow time limits and for him to...: Forgive me if this has been answered, I was unable to find a satisfactory answer after much time spent researching the topic... About a year ago, my son got an Xbox. I think it is an Xbox One S....
  7. How do I have settings to allow my child to play halo 5 online multiplayer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I have settings to allow my child to play halo 5 online multiplayer.: I've allowed access in the settings for everything on the child's account. However when playing Halo 5 and going to the custom browser option no maps or games show up and they can't play any...
  8. How do I allow a child in a Microsoft family group to add online friends when I have no...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I allow a child in a Microsoft family group to add online friends when I have no...: We are trying to allow my child to add friends to play Minecraft realms with but constantly get the message "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up" we...
  9. Xbox series x will not allow sign in to child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series x will not allow sign in to child account: I just got my kid a new series S for Xmas. Set it up as my home console, since I don't have any others, added his account as the child account, and then signed him in and set it to default sign...
  10. How do I allow a Child Xbox Account to Upload Custom Gamerpics?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I allow a Child Xbox Account to Upload Custom Gamerpics?: Hello, Recently I’ve connected with Xbox help for a different issue and because of how our family works, we don’t have our Microsoft accounts connected via family. I was told to make another...