Not able to play Minecraft with other players on LAN

Discus and support Not able to play Minecraft with other players on LAN in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm trying to play with another player on a LAN connection but when I try to join it says "unable to connect to world". I've uninstalled Minecraft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Death Match1512, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Not able to play Minecraft with other players on LAN

So I'm trying to play with another player on a LAN connection but when I try to join it says "unable to connect to world". I've uninstalled Minecraft from my pc and reinstalled it but the problem is still there. The only way we can play together is on my realm. I'm trying to connect to his world from my pc to his tablet and we have tried it the other way around and nothing works. Also the "allow multiplayer" is on. We have also tried to change Wi-Fi and that doesn't work either. We also tried doing allow apps to communicate and looking for javaw.exe but theres no file under that name. Also were trying to use the bedrock edition of minecraft. Any ideas?

:)

Death Match1512, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Death welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. If Minecraft is not allowed in Firewall, the LAN not working issue can happen. You can check the Firewall settings and ensure the Minecraft executable file “javaw.exe” is allowed in Firewall.

First, navigate to Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Allow an app for feature through Windows Defender Firewall.

Then see if the “javaw.exe” is checked. If it’s not checked, click the Change settings button then check the box next to “javaw.exe”. If you see more than one “javaw.exe” entries, check all of them. Also ensure the Private box and the Public box are checked.
  3. Death Match1512 Win User

Yea we tried that and nothing works. Must be a Mojang problem
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Death welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. If Minecraft is not allowed in Firewall, the LAN not working issue can happen. You can check the Firewall settings and ensure the Minecraft executable file “javaw.exe” is allowed in Firewall.

First, navigate to Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Allow an app for feature through Windows Defender Firewall.

Then see if the “javaw.exe” is checked. If it’s not checked, click the Change settings button then check the box next to “javaw.exe”. If you see more than one “javaw.exe” entries, check all of them. Also ensure the Private box and the Public box are checked.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Can't join Lan game on Minecraft

Make sure you are doing the following:

Multiplayer Options

Minecraft (Bedrock) supports the following multiplayer options:

• Locally hosted multiplayer world via LAN or Xbox Live
    • Realms
    • Servers (unofficial, third party server software)
    Locally hosted multiplayer world via LAN or Xbox Live

Any world can be a locally hosted multiplayer world, and accessible to other
    Minecraft
    players.

To start, create new world or load an existing one. Then, select World Settings (pencil icon)
    MultiplayerMultiplayer Game. If all players are on the same local network, you may also toggle on
    Visible to LAN Players.

Other player(s) can join the world by navigating to the Friends tab and selecting the world.
  6. Safeer Shaikh Win User

Unable to Connect to world 1.19.41

Hello, I am using Windows 11 and I Don't play other games on PC besides Minecraft and like I said before both of us have reinstalled Minecraft, but it still does not work without LAN. However, whenever he comes over, it works just fine with LAN.
    My NAT type is Moderate. There weird thing is that a few months ago (Without LAN) everything was just fine.

Thank you,
Thema:

1. Not able to play Minecraft with other players on LAN - Similar Threads - able play Minecraft

2. If I have a realm on Minecraft then close it will I (the host) be able to play it alone for...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I have a realm on Minecraft then close it will I (the host) be able to play it alone for...: Trying to start a realm but if I stop paying can I still have it for just me 58759532-a3bb-4890-93b6-8965741cd53f
  3. I am not able to play Minecraft with my frined plz help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am not able to play Minecraft with my frined plz help me: I am not able to play a game with mu friend to to his problem of you game so i request you to fix it soon as soon [img] 70d759a1-2da6-4b47-afb8-ba7125842747
  4. I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.: I can't play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass even though I own the Minecraft bedrock base game. Xbox store says "Minecraft Preview is only available to players who own Minecraft."...
  5. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  6. Do you need Game Pass to be able to play Minecraft multiplayer on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you need Game Pass to be able to play Minecraft multiplayer on PC?: I had Game Pass before and I played a lot Minecraft with friends but, when my suscription ended I couldn't play anymore on servers or multiplayer. I could play alone but, when selecting the...
  7. I'm not able to play Minecraft ON PC on my microsoft account (that i migrated from a mojang...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm not able to play Minecraft ON PC on my microsoft account (that i migrated from a mojang...: I'm not able to play Minecraft ON PC on my microsoft account (that i migrated from a mojang account) even though i bought the game on 06.2014 (i have the transaction id & order id)...
  8. I’m not able to play multiplayer on minecraft bedrock edition, all it says is connecting to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m not able to play multiplayer on minecraft bedrock edition, all it says is connecting to...: I have tried to get it to work and is has only 2 times what do i do? 529a2a59-88b5-4c1d-92b0-b458caba2b9c
  9. i own the minecraft bedrock and java edition pack, but im only able to play bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i own the minecraft bedrock and java edition pack, but im only able to play bedrock: I've tried restarting my computer and everything for a couple days now but it still won't seem to work. [img] [img] 73058466-b91d-4ab0-ba55-ee8f54e9a4e2
  10. Not able to play Windows 10 Minecraft on Xbox One - Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to play Windows 10 Minecraft on Xbox One - Please help: HI, I own Minecraft bedrock edition for Windows 10 and would like to play it on our Xbox One. I am logged into my Xbox live account on the Xbox one, Minecraft does appears as an icon but doesn't...