"Normal" Hard drive noise for SS Overdrive bundle (video included)

Discus and support "Normal" Hard drive noise for SS Overdrive bundle (video included) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [MEDIA] When playing games, digital or physical, I can hear noise just like the video above. Only hear fan noise on the home screen and watching ESPN.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jmilkman, Oct 31, 2014.

1. jmilkman
    jmilkman Guest

When playing games, digital or physical, I can hear noise just like the video above. Only hear fan noise on the home screen and watching ESPN. I know this video says this is normal but it's may first time hearing noise like this from any of my electronics.
    Anyone hearing the same thing?

:)

jmilkman, Oct 31, 2014
  2. Xbox One S noise from hard disk?

keanu007-[xboxvenue], Oct 31, 2014
  3. Noob Krusher
    Noob Krusher Guest
    Xbox One noise--"Cricket-like"--when playing installed games

Hey guys,

My Xbox One makes a strange noise only when I play games off of the Hard Drive.

The noise sounds a little like this (not my video):

I have only experienced this with Sunset Overdrive, as it is my only game.

Is it normal to hear new sounds when playing installed games? Worried something might be wrong with the Hard Drive, and the sound itself is distracting when the TV has a low volume or the game is paused.

Thanks!

Noob Krusher, Oct 31, 2014
  4. "Normal" Hard drive noise for SS Overdrive bundle (video included)

I just got the sunset bundle too. I returned one because of horrible noise only to get the second one do the same thing. I'm not sure what to do now. Im thinkinga large number ofl the white xboxes are defective.

TripleGoose619, Oct 31, 2014
  5. TripleGoose619 Win User

I just got the sunset bundle too. I returned one because of horrible noise only to get the second one do the same thing. I'm not sure what to do now. Im thinkinga large number ofl the white xboxes are defective.
  6. LukeMason1 Win User

Xbox One X beeping

Please see the video i uploaded to youtube, this is definitely not normal hard drive noise.

https://youtu.be/7J7vD7ph5T0
  7. TedM0sly Win User

Xbox one S - hard disk noise when in standby

I know that the hard drive makes noise when it is in use, but I wonder if in the video of my console the clicking of HDD is higher than normal....
  8. Malacath Win User

Xbox one fan noise

Im assuming you had microphone near console when recording which is why it sounds loud in that video.

Sounds normal to me and some of that noise will be the hard drive which makes clicky grinding type noises.
  9. jmilkman Win User

DO NOT BUY SUNSET OVERDRIVE BUNDLE!

I'm also having issues with the overdrive bundle. Sounds like crickets are in my hard drive during gameplay. So this DOES NOT need to be moved to general discussion. Hopefully the replacement isn't the same.
Thema:

1. "Normal" Hard drive noise for SS Overdrive bundle (video included) - Similar Threads - Normal Hard drive

2. Crota normal or hard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crota normal or hard: I need 3 more people to do the crota raid on normal or hard. We're all 34s. Message me at . a23caf7f-8e8b-41a8-a2bd-2312492dc99e
  3. Need 3 players for hard VoG and normal Crota

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need 3 players for hard VoG and normal Crota: Level 32 or higher. Trying to get VoG primary weapons, and black hammer aceb17f3-7bde-4882-baa9-a611577fff44
  4. VOG Fresh on Normal and then Hard, on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VOG Fresh on Normal and then Hard, on 360: I need a raid team for VOG normal and hard after, if ppl want to we can do crota easy! Join or MSG for a(n) invite! 07f91c44-870a-4eb0-944f-2027a167faf3
  5. Destiny Crota Normal and hard need 4 people must be 32 and must have gally or hunger of crota ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny Crota Normal and hard need 4 people must be 32 and must have gally or hunger of crota ...: Destiny Crota Normal and hard need 4 people must be 32 and must have gally or hunger of crota Message Itz FrosteeZ for an invite (XB1) a629190f-4a25-44e9-8896-e61e69765cd5
  6. CROTA on normal or hard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CROTA on normal or hard: hey you guys out there if you would send me a message at I would gladly appreciate it. d555ca23-21da-44c3-a26d-be5072e9aebc
  7. crota normal/hard :D

in XBoX Games and Apps
    crota normal/hard :D: send me a message at if you want to do crota on normal or on hard and on normal I got a save at the very end 5d86d42d-dbf3-4b83-9fc1-059a4bb41390
  8. Crota raid normal and hard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crota raid normal and hard: looking to get on a team for Crota df676fe4-bbcf-418b-8ea5-4a5bdfb2384b
  9. Crotas End ending hard or normal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crotas End ending hard or normal: I need lvl 30s and above I have a check point at the end of Crota on hard and normal send me a Xbox live message if u r in b7a55339-035c-4bd9-a628-38f8576fe819
  10. get my hard drive back to normal!!!! or so my computer can read it again!

in XBoX on Consoles
    get my hard drive back to normal!!!! or so my computer can read it again!: So i plugged my 1000g hard drive into the xbox one thinking i could play my movies off of it like the old xbox. But it formatted it once plugged it in and now when i return it to my computer it...