Non Gamer Dad Needs Help w XBox Gold and Understanding All Of This Stuff......

Discus and support Non Gamer Dad Needs Help w XBox Gold and Understanding All Of This Stuff...... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Alright game peoples, here is the scenario: divorced parents, twelve year old son who has an XBox at each parents house. I bought the Gold account... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Clisle72, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Clisle72
    Clisle72 Guest

Alright game peoples, here is the scenario: divorced parents, twelve year old son who has an XBox at each parents house. I bought the Gold account upgrade thingy so that he could resume playing his Fallout game between the two households. The game (Fallout)
    and the Gold upgrade were both bought under my name, and as he is twelve he is listed as family. When he got to his moms to play the game, I had to give him my password in order for this whole thing to work (resuming the game)....and it did work. Here is the
    trouble - since he had to use my password to make this happen, he also used my password to extend past his time limits. So....with that that I had to change my password so that he could not do this any longer. Now that I have change my password, he can no
    longer play the Fallout at his moms as my account is now logged out on that machine. Any ideas as to how to work around this? I have contacted MS support and they said to make the machine at my house the "home" machine - which I did - but it is still not working.
    I assume that since he is a minor and in my family, that my Gold account and any games purchased by me would transfer to him, or is that where I am wrong? Any ideas appreciated!

:)

Clisle72, Jun 20, 2019
  2. DrabbestLearner Win User

It could be that someone else is using and this is preventing access to other accounts, in some way
    But I do not think that's that
    A bad configuration probably
  3. Allebas Win User

Hi Clisle72,

First does he have his own Xbox live account or he solely using your account? Here is information on managing a child's account https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/core-family-safety-features.
    You can set time limits, spending limits, what content he has access too, etc. Yes, game sharing with him would allow him access to any content and subscriptions purchase on your account. Now when setting your account as home on his Xbox are there any messages
    popping up when tries to set your account as home?
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

What needs to be done is his console at his mothers has to be set as your Home Xbox. Once that is done you can sign out your account and he can game happily. Here's how it works: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

You can then alter his time, change your password and he will not be able to tamper with it again.
  5. Clisle72 Win User

This worked perfect - thank you!
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Nothing to do with a bad configuration. All that needs to be done is his sons Xbox at his mothers house, to be set as fathers Home Xbox. Father will have to be signed in on the Xbox at fathers house.
    Yes I agree, and then I believe his Father can set his account on his Home Xbox (at the Mothers house) to require a passkey, if needed, so that his son can't go into his account and change/purchase/etc anything from his account. :)
Thema:

1. Non Gamer Dad Needs Help w XBox Gold and Understanding All Of This Stuff...... - Similar Threads - Non Gamer Dad

2. Customer service non existent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer service non existent: It's impossible to get through to anyone to speak about my Xbox headset that's in warranty and has broken after less than two months use, I've tried going through all of the automated channels and...
  3. How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?: So I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon it worked the First Day I managed to make an account and download some free games but the next day it wouldn’t connect so I’m going to return it but...
  4. Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.: I am not insider, but, I think this is the appropriate place to ask technically problems? I am in LA area, a few days ago, I noticed my wish list is empty. I am pretty sure I didn't remove it...
  5. Xbox Game Pass for non-gamer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass for non-gamer: I won an Xbox Game Pass, but I am not sure how to use it. I only play basic PC games such as Hidden Object and Puzzle games. Are there any such games I can play with this game pass, and if so,...
  6. Transfer Gamer Tag to a non-Microsoft Email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Gamer Tag to a non-Microsoft Email: Hi, Years ago I made my Gamertag under my dads email, which is an outlook account. Now I would like to transfer that GT over to my email (a Gmail account), without totally deleting my Dad's...
  7. Xbox One S branché avec un fil vers un PC non gamer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S branché avec un fil vers un PC non gamer: I'm going to buy the Xbox One this Christmas. I have a PC (Core I5, 2.5 to 2.7 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 620, Windows 10, 128 GB). I have the Xbox Windows 10 application. Microsoft.fr they say this:...
  8. Adult girl gamer looking for non serious gamers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adult girl gamer looking for non serious gamers: Im 26, from Canada, and love to play l4d2, just can't find anyone to join me. I play some cod, just finished doom and I love horror games :) looking for people 25+ that have mics to game with. Add...
  9. Non authorized gamer tag change and charge !!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Non authorized gamer tag change and charge !!!!: Okay this is the First time i've ever posted in/on a forum and I was referred here from Trevor at Microsoft support. Unfortunately they could not assist me further. They said someone on here...
  10. Opinion and Wishlist from a non-gamer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Opinion and Wishlist from a non-gamer: Let me start by saying that I'm a PC gamer, exclusively. I have never had a use (nor do I ever intend to) for consoles for gaming. I purchased the Xbox One because I wanted to integrate my media...