Noise besides fan from system

Discus and support Noise besides fan from system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I keep hearing a noise an I think it's the hard drive, that makes almost like a buzzing noise. It will do it at the dashboard until i start moving the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedSoxFan35, Jan 3, 2014.

1. RedSoxFan35
    RedSoxFan35 Guest

I keep hearing a noise an I think it's the hard drive, that makes almost like a buzzing noise. It will do it at the dashboard until i start moving the joysticks on the controller but then comes back when I stop moving around the different tabs on the dashboard
    with the joysticks. I also can't hear it once I start up a game. Can someone tell me if it's normal for what I believe is the hard drive to make the noise, it isn't loud but it is noticeable.

:)

RedSoxFan35, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Noise besides fan coming from console

Hi guys, sorry to revive this thread, but the console was lunch yesterday here in Chile and I have the same sound commented by BeaverSniff. I can hear it only when the console is off. Did you guys were able to solve this issue?

RodrigoCortésC, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Cryo75
    Cryo75 Guest
    Noise besides fan coming from console

They all do it. My original did it and my replacement too. Don't worry about it.

Cryo75, Jan 3, 2014
  4. TWOMBLY76
    TWOMBLY76 Guest

I have the EXACT same issue, I'm swapping mine out for a new one at game stop.

TWOMBLY76, Jan 6, 2014
  5. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    Yeah, that's not normal. It should be fairly quiet. Either switch it out at the retailer from which you bought it, or go through Microsoft.

CMUchippewa, Oct 31, 2018
  6. CMUchippewa Win User

Yeah, that's not normal. It should be fairly quiet. Either switch it out at the retailer from which you bought it, or go through Microsoft.
  7. TWOMBLY76 Win User

I have the EXACT same issue, I'm swapping mine out for a new one at game stop.
  8. coco meat train Win User

Is my OG Xbox One slowly dying?

Chances are the fans or vents are getting clogged. As long as the system isn’t shutting off for exceeding it’s thermal limits you don’t have anything to worry about besides the noise.
  9. Cryo75 Win User

They all do it. My original did it and my replacement too. Don't worry about it.
  10. RodrigoCortésC Win User

Hi guys, sorry to revive this thread, but the console was lunch yesterday here in Chile and I have the same sound commented by BeaverSniff. I can hear it only when the console is off. Did you guys were able to solve this issue?
Thema:

1. Noise besides fan from system - Similar Threads - Noise besides fan

2. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  3. Xbox series x fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan noise: i bought Xbox series x one year ago now when i turn it on it's ok but when i enter to some games the fan noise is sooo high please help but the temperature is good just the fan noise is...
  4. my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...: my xbox will turn on for roughly five seconds and make a weird buzzing noise and then turn off by istelf. is this something wrong with the fan?. i assume its fully broke now as i have had it for...
  5. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  6. Xbox one x makes a buzzibg noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x makes a buzzibg noise: My xbox one x make a weird funny noise like a buzzing noise when it plugged in only just started doing it today i can turn it on for a sec and then xbox goes straight off wont even put on the xbox...
  7. My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be n

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be n: My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be on I tried everything unplugging the power cord from the Xbox and the wall even changing wall outlets...
  8. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  9. Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise: my RB on my controller is making a buzzing/springing noise, the RB works but that noise is annoying me. it happened a couple of days ago cdbea244-a9d6-4544-be4f-9143677d077e
  10. Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge: I have a wireless headset and when I go on microsoft Edge to watch something I hear a beep noise. This noise seems to be completely random sometimes happening 3-4 times in a short span or i...