Noise besides fan from system

Discus and support Noise besides fan from system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I keep hearing a noise an I think it's the hard drive, that makes almost like a buzzing noise. It will do it at the dashboard until i start moving the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedSoxFan35, Jan 3, 2014.

1. RedSoxFan35
    RedSoxFan35 Guest

I keep hearing a noise an I think it's the hard drive, that makes almost like a buzzing noise. It will do it at the dashboard until i start moving the joysticks on the controller but then comes back when I stop moving around the different tabs on the dashboard
    with the joysticks. I also can't hear it once I start up a game. Can someone tell me if it's normal for what I believe is the hard drive to make the noise, it isn't loud but it is noticeable.

:)

RedSoxFan35, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Noise besides fan coming from console

Hi guys, sorry to revive this thread, but the console was lunch yesterday here in Chile and I have the same sound commented by BeaverSniff. I can hear it only when the console is off. Did you guys were able to solve this issue?

RodrigoCortésC, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Cryo75
    Cryo75 Guest
    Noise besides fan coming from console

They all do it. My original did it and my replacement too. Don't worry about it.

Cryo75, Jan 3, 2014
  4. TWOMBLY76
    TWOMBLY76 Guest

I have the EXACT same issue, I'm swapping mine out for a new one at game stop.

TWOMBLY76, Jan 6, 2014
  5. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    Yeah, that's not normal. It should be fairly quiet. Either switch it out at the retailer from which you bought it, or go through Microsoft.

CMUchippewa, Oct 31, 2018
  6. CMUchippewa Win User

Yeah, that's not normal. It should be fairly quiet. Either switch it out at the retailer from which you bought it, or go through Microsoft.
  7. TWOMBLY76 Win User

I have the EXACT same issue, I'm swapping mine out for a new one at game stop.
  8. coco meat train Win User

Is my OG Xbox One slowly dying?

Chances are the fans or vents are getting clogged. As long as the system isn’t shutting off for exceeding it’s thermal limits you don’t have anything to worry about besides the noise.
  9. Cryo75 Win User

They all do it. My original did it and my replacement too. Don't worry about it.
  10. RodrigoCortésC Win User

Hi guys, sorry to revive this thread, but the console was lunch yesterday here in Chile and I have the same sound commented by BeaverSniff. I can hear it only when the console is off. Did you guys were able to solve this issue?
Thema:

1. Noise besides fan from system - Similar Threads - Noise besides fan

2. Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise: My Xbox One wouldn't turn on however it would make a very quiet 'beep' turn on sound when I would try to switch it on however the xbox symbol would not light up. Recently however it doesn't even...
  3. Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise: Hi all, I'm experiencing an issue with my Xbox One S after a period of around 6 months not using the Xbox as I was redecorating my room. I recently tried re-setting up my Xbox by connecting my...
  4. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  5. Xbox series s making buzzing noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s making buzzing noise.: Hello, im Yasi, i have been facing some problems with my xbox series s, i have got it from 2022 around june. lately its been making a buzzing or wheezing noise on the left hand side of the xbox...
  6. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  7. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....
  8. Buzzing noise from the back of an xbox one x.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buzzing noise from the back of an xbox one x.: So basically i was playing call of duty,i paused call of duty and it started buzzing. Few hours passed and i heard a coil sound or smth,would it be a power supply issue or fan?...
  9. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  10. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...