No Xbox audio when using windows and xbox app

Discus and support No Xbox audio when using windows and xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I connect to the XBOX app all I get is video but no audio. It comes through the TV but not the PC and can not be heard when I stream. There is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by x Undersoul x, Sep 10, 2017.

1. No Xbox audio when using windows and xbox app

When I connect to the XBOX app all I get is video but no audio. It comes through the TV but not the PC and can not be heard when I stream. There is nothing wrong with my PC as all audio from it is included in my stream no problem. How can I fix this? Is
    there a way I connect them so I can include the audio on my stream? I have looked at sound settings as someone else suggested on this forum and it worked once but not since. Really inconvenient and annoying me now!!!

:)

x Undersoul x, Sep 10, 2017
  2. jeffazz
    jeffazz Guest
    xbox chat / audio

hello there i am currently using windows 10 with xbox one app both retail and beta app

i am hard of hearing and when i use my xbox direct i can control audio / chat via the microsoft chat adapter (i reduce game audio and put chat audio up so i can hear what my friends are saying)

when i stream to my windows 10 pc via xbox app or xbox (beta) app i loose the function of being able to adjust game audio and chat separate.. what happens now is when i press volume down on my chat adapter it lowers both sound and chat together and i have
    no control over the chat audio

when i goto sound mixer i set it so that snapped app is louder (hoping when people talk it reduces my game audio so i can hear what they say. instead it lowers all audio

i am using the official windows 10 wireless adapter for xbox one pad so it is wireless i then plug in my microsoft chat adapter into my pad and then my turtle beach XO Fours into this

if i remove my chat adapter and use my regular wired pc headset which connects to usb for chat and 3.5mm jack to my onboard sound and my chat mixer works perfect (i can adjust both chat and audio seperately) but this only works when i am using xbox party
    within the xbox app... if i go into party chat on xbox or in game chat i cannot adjust my chat audio

could someone please look into adding in so that i can use my chat adapter to adjust audio / chat so i can hear my friends again

jeffazz, Sep 10, 2017
  3. FlipstylePro
    FlipstylePro Guest
    Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue

Hi,

After updating my Windows 10 with the Feature Update version 1083, every time I try to trim game clip videos in the Game DVR using the Xbox App (Official) or the Xbox App (Beta) the audio is out of sync and plays ahead by a second or two.

Xbox App Version: 39.39.21002.00000

Is anyone else experiencing this issue after updating their Windows 10? Is there any way to fix the audio issue when trimming game clips?

FlipstylePro, Sep 10, 2017
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Really bad delay and quality in Xbox Streaming

Improve streaming on Xbox Improve Xbox app for Windows 10 game streaming performance

By making a few adjustments to your home network, you can improve your audio and video quality when streaming games. Try the suggestions on this page to improve your game streaming performance when using the Xbox app on Windows 10.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox app blocks game audio during chat

Hi crazyjbird44,

I believe this is due to how the Xbox app audio is designed in that I think it prioritizes audio from the party chat when it's open and not from your applications in the background because your party audio device (your wireless headset and mic) is connecting
    to the app itself and not through a controller. I think that if the audio goes through a controller, that you'll be able to hear the party chat along with the game audio at the same time.

I couldn't find anything in the Xbox app settings to get what you want without needing a controller but I'm not sure if there is anything in your Windows audio settings that can solve this problem. You can always go in there and check if there are any relevant
    settings.

I recommend getting a controller and a gaming headset designed for Xbox One that has a headset adapter for the best gaming experience using the Xbox app on Windows 10
  6. Nkosana23 Win User

Xbox game bar mic not working?

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

To use many of the Xbox features within Game Bar, including Party Chat, you must have the Xbox app for Windows installed and be signed in.

If you’re having audio problems with Xbox parties on your Windows device, try the following solutions:
    1. Make sure your audio device is turned on.
    2. Check your party audio settings in Game Bar.
    3. Check the Xbox Status.
    4. Check your privacy settings.
    5. Check your Windows volume settings.
    6. Check your audio connection.
    7. Check and unplug any audio accessories.
    8. Run the Windows audio troubleshooting solution.
    9. Check for Windows updates.
    10. Restart your Windows device.
    11. Plug audio devices into different USB ports on your PC.
    12. Check app permissions.
    13. Check for known issues and updates from the manufacturer.
    14. Scan your device for potential viruses.
    15. Uninstall Xbox App services > Restart PC > Install app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/frien...re-socialize/troubleshoot-party-audio-windows

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  7. HealShot6056 Win User

USB audio interface

8. Wilfred Mac Win User

game dvr either records microphone and game or doesn't record anything at all

Thema:

No Xbox audio when using windows and xbox app

1. No Xbox audio when using windows and xbox app - Similar Threads - audio using windows

2. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  3. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  4. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  5. Gamebar requiring reset to use party audio input

in XboX Insiders
    Gamebar requiring reset to use party audio input: So my gamebar has been having issues for a couple of weeks and it is starting to get frustrating. When I open gamebar and get the pop-up, the people in my party can hear me and I can hear them....
  6. 24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...: Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. Now this might be an loss of features on xbox because I was getting sound from games through the headset and now the chat mixer is no longer...
  7. No audio available after recording meetings using the Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    No audio available after recording meetings using the Game Bar: This thread is created for knowledge sharing purpose only. Since I couldn't find the exact answer for this issue in Microsoft, but I got it sorted after trial and error. Below is the solution. If...
  8. When i use my xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets muffled

in XBoX on Windows
    When i use my xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets muffled: I just upgraded headphones from razer krakens to the new xbox wireless headset. When i use the xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets all muffled when i join a lobby with my friends or even...
  9. Xbox Series X running Beta Ring Audio Stutters when not using headset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X running Beta Ring Audio Stutters when not using headset: I have noticed that when I have my TV set Audio to TV Speakers it sounds just fine. But if I have ARC enabled(going to my Apple TV 4K Gen 2) playing on my HomePod Minis in stereo. Everything else...
  10. Hello I am trying to use the audio jack of my Xbox controller with my windows 11 pc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I am trying to use the audio jack of my Xbox controller with my windows 11 pc...: I don’t want to buy the Xbox adapter but I will if I have to Is there a way to use Xbox audio jack on my controller with my pc with just Bluetooth or any wireless way?...