No surround at all

Discus and support No surround at all in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a strdh740 Sony Receiver that worked fine with my 360 and won't do anything but 2.1 with the Xbox One. I've tried DTS, optical, and every... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ARob74, Jan 2, 2014.

1. ARob74
    ARob74 Guest

No surround at all

I have a strdh740 Sony Receiver that worked fine with my 360 and won't do anything but 2.1 with the Xbox One. I've tried DTS, optical, and every option on the console, incuding their beta surround option, to no avail. I've spent 5 hours with customer
    support, hooked up two separate xbox one units with no help. And they apparently have no clue what's going on with their own product. I asked one about the Dolby issue and he didn't have a clue about it. Not " i don't know when the patch is coming" but
    " I didn't know there was a dolby issue." COMPLETE FAIL. I am losing what little faith I have left in Microsoft.

:)

ARob74, Jan 2, 2014
  2. HomerVhato
    HomerVhato Guest
    Vudu: no surround at all with 7.1 output

When choosing 7.1 Uncompressed I only hear 3.1 (Left, Center, Right+Sub) with no surround at all. Change settings to 5.1 uncompressed or DTS and surround in Vudu works properly. Games and Netflix play surround properly when 7.1 is chosen.

HomerVhato, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Tax Return. Which head set should I get. EF XP400/500??

No headset at all! Go get you an ultimate surround sound system and blow your neighbors away!

Dirty Ch0nies, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Dwhitt1981 Win User

Need help with deciding what to get in terms of headsets ....

There will be some difference in sound from surround sound but its all the person using them. I have had both stereo and surround headsets and its not a deal breaker but i do like the surround more for me.
  5. WillyBurz Win User

7.1 uncompressed will not use the side surrounds when watching tv! Please fix with an update.

This has been a problem since the Ones release and not been fixed. Richie...ugh, Yes most are in 5.1, Sooooo the One should either matrix the rears, or duplicate the rears with the l/r surrounds. There should be sound coming out of the main surrounds,
    NOT just the rear surrounds. For example- 5.1 should be coming out of the main surrounds, and matrixed to the rear surrounds, OR just duplicate the main surrounds to the rear surrounds as well in a 7.1 setup. Right now, all 5.1 from a directv receiver that
    sends dolby is silent on the main surrounds, and only using the rear surrounds in a 7.1 setup. Ps. My system is setup correctly, so no bs checking setup posts, etc. Something is off on the coding, and needs to be fixed.
  6. YOOUNES Win User

Audio Sync Issues

not you the only one have the same problem all Xbox one users when they use Surround system the sound gets delayed You can search the Internet and see a lot of people talking about this and make them Microsoft never cares

The last update they claim they fix that problem but they never did I’ve been buying several surround system and several headset surround system and all of them have the same problem because of the surround system in the Xbox are
    out of synchronize
  7. WillyBurz Win User

Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of Games.

What I'm saying it either program it to matrix the 5.1, or if you aren't going to, have it programmed correctly to use your side surrounds, NOT just the back. All digital content outside of games only play out of the back surrounds, nothing to the standard
    side surrounds.
  8. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

no surround on x1?

Ya i plug my surround sound system through digital optical and all I get is distorted sound occasionally (crackles) and no 5.1 . There are no crackles through my tv to surround or xbox 360 through surround. I will be sending this unit back if no sound
    update fixes this but not until I test it a little longer.
Thema:

No surround at all

1. No surround at all - Similar Threads - surround

2. Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears: Hey folks, My xbox series x 7.1 uncompressed audio constantly flips, front to back. Details: - Frequently when powering the xbox up from standby and/or returning to a game from another app my...
  3. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  4. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  5. How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S: I’m trying to get my Series S to work on my 5.1 surround sound system and not having any luck. This set of instructions...
  6. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  7. How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?: Toshiba TV Series X Yamaha receiver I have the Receiver(HDMI out) connected to the TV(HDMI in) and the Receiver(HDMI #1) connected to the Xbox(HDMI out). It was working perfectly fine, I was...
  8. Audio cut outs with Dolby Atmos headphones surround on

in XboX Insiders
    Audio cut outs with Dolby Atmos headphones surround on: I've been wearing the same headset and for months never had issues, but since the last week or two, I've noticed split second audio cut outs on Xbox when Dolby Atmos for headphones is on. I do not...
  9. Chat headset presence disables HDMI surround

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat headset presence disables HDMI surround: When using a chat headset such as the official Microsoft Xbox chat headset or the Turtle Beach Recon Air (headsets that use the Xbox controller's rectangular accessory port), surround sound over...
  10. Xbox Series S Allow Passthrough Receiver not detecting Surround Formats

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Allow Passthrough Receiver not detecting Surround Formats: For whatever reason my Xbox Series S is having problems passing the audio to my receiver. I usually select 5.1 Uncompressed as the base and then when Netflix or Disney+ is playing a movie the...