No sound through TV or mic.

Discus and support No sound through TV or mic. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have no sound coming through my TV or mic. I am able to speak through the mic, but I can’t hear anyone. I have attempted: - my TV audio works. TV is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Doon_23, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Doon_23
    Doon_23 Guest

I have no sound coming through my TV or mic. I am able to speak through the mic, but I can’t hear anyone. I have attempted:

- my TV audio works. TV is not muted.
    - updating my controller from accessories
    - switched HDMI cables and HDMI ports
    - made sure all HDMI cables are setup correctly
    - followed at least 3-4 YouTube videos outlining audio issues
    - made sure HDMI was uncompressed setting
    - power cycled, unplugged & reset my Xbox

Other notes:
    - when in accessories and after I press the 3 dots, I am unable to select the volume option. It skips over it and is grayed out.
    - even with a mic in my controller - I am able to mute the mic (and it lights up notifying my of being muted) and I can change the mics volume manually with the mic buttons. I can’t, however, manually change any audio settings when pressing the Xbox home button.

:)

Doon_23, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Doon_23 Win User

Update! I can now hear sound through a different mic I have. Still no sound coming through the TV. Does this change anything or I still need to get it repaired?
  3. Doon_23 Win User

Hi Francia,

I just attempted to use my Xbox with a different TV - and sound came out correctly! So this must mean the Xbox is not the issue but the TV. I understand you are not an independent advisor for TVs - but my TV is working on cable with sound. But no volume in my HDMI ports. Have you heard of this happening and/or what I should do to fix this type of issue?

Thanks
  4. Francia J. Win User

If possible, try a different TV just to make sure.
  5. Francia J. Win User

6. Doon_23 Win User

Hi Francia J.,

I appreciate the response. I did what you said and no noise came through the TV. The pixels on my screen got wacky, so I changed it back to auto-detect. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. No sound through TV or mic. - Similar Threads - sound through mic

2. Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers: I just bought the x series 5 days ago and from the beginning I have never had any sound through the TV. Tried multiple times to change hdmi, restart the TV and Xbox. Nothing. On the audio...
  3. Sound not outputting through rear speakers or subwoofer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound not outputting through rear speakers or subwoofer: Hello, I have a Vizio 5.1 Soundbar system plugged into my TV through the eARC HDMI, then my XBox Series X plugged into the TV as well through a different HDMI port. When I am setting up my XBox...
  4. No sound coming through monitor when I plug my Xbox One S into it

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound coming through monitor when I plug my Xbox One S into it: I saw in another post to use headphones but sound won't come through them either 33c322e7-f41e-4e3e-8787-0cf091a75869
  5. Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?: It works with batteries, it’s just when I plug the wire in 0da6a4a9-e2ca-42ee-92e0-2c85881cb24d
  6. My Xbox series X won't play sound through the speakers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X won't play sound through the speakers: My xbox series X will play sound through the head set but not the TV speakers or the sound bar I have its been fine for years and all the sudden after playing BTD6 it stop work one night....
  7. Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece: Hi, I have 2 xboxs, an xbox 1s and an xbox 1x and this issue is happening on both of them. If i plug 2 different headsets in the 3.5mm jack the MIC works but the chat comes through the TV...
  8. My mic won’t let me talk in the Xbox party and sound plays through my tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won’t let me talk in the Xbox party and sound plays through my tv: Bought an xbox today and i feel like ive tried everything the audio is playing through my tv and when i speak in a party no one can hear me but i can hear them the headphones say they are on and...
  9. xbox one no sound through mic when using optical lead for audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one no sound through mic when using optical lead for audio: hello im on xbox one ,im connecting it to a optama hd projector via hdmi, and to a sound bar via optical lead the sound works after altering settings on xbox to stop audio on hdmi and enable on...
  10. My console will not play any sound except through the mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console will not play any sound except through the mic.: my sound is on and I can hear the tv while its showing a tv show but I can't here it on the Xbox eeff0603-d4e7-4625-83ab-cddef3609aa2