: No sound on tv

Discus and support : No sound on tv in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : No sound on tv I can't get the sound on my TV to work through my xbox, the settings seem OK but it just won't work?... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by HelenaTaylor1, Jul 25, 2020.

1. : No sound on tv

I can't get the sound on my TV to work through my xbox, the settings seem OK but it just won't work?

:)

HelenaTaylor1, Jul 25, 2020
  2. duckhater Win User

TV No Sound?

Change HDMI Audio from Auto Detect to another setting on the XBOX One.
  3. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

5.1 sounds WITH sound on TV

If your are running the HDMI to the receiver and then to your TV I would guess it's the receiver fault. If it's running HDMI to your TV then using its optical or coaxial SPDIF out then I say it's the TVs fault. Either way it should work and not switch between
    stereo and surround. The dashboard and often the main menu in a game will just use the left and right channels and then switch to using all channels when the game is running.

I know if you have both the optical out running to surround the HDMI will still carry a stereo signal along with it which is why you need to mute your TV. I haven't tried it, but possibly disabling display discovery on the 360 might keep it from even trying
    to send the audio signal. Normally the EDID reports if a display has speakers and the 360 will switch to HDMI+A. Haven't checked so might be an option to just select HDMI without disabling the display discovery.
  4. OG Pooh Win User

5.1 sounds WITH sound on TV

There really shouldn't be any PQ/AQ issues caused by running video & sound through HDMI. That's HDMI's job. It sounds like your PQ problem is a either a setting in the 360's menu or poor picture calibration on your display. The issue of the sound randomly
    switching from 2 channel to 5.1 channel modes may have to do with your having the 360 connected to the TV via HDMI. I'm guessing you have the 360 set for 5.1 channel operation since you're running an optical cable to your receiver? Since HDMI is a two-way
    connection, the 360 may be detecting the TV as a 2-channel device, causing confusion with your manually input 5.1 selection. I may be way off base though, as I've never run into this issue (and never had to diagnose it). The best way you could run your setup
    would be the way I'm running mine... 360 HDMI to receiver, then receiver HDMI to display. If your display has an audio output, you could try running everything via HDMI to the display (which you are doing anyway), then running the audio from the TV to the
    receiver. My Bravia has an optical output, but I prefer running HDMI to the receiver first as it's simpler connections & operation.
  5. Mythic Sandman Win User

One S connected to soundbar for atmos, screen flashes

Found this:

1. Update firmwares for TV, XB1S & Sound bar.
    2. XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) goes to Sound bar HDMI IN. (DOES NOT GO TO TV)
    3. Sound bar HDMI ARC OUT goes to TV HDMI ARC.
    4. TV AUDIO set to PCM. TV VIDEO set to ARC.
    5. Sound bar audio set to HDMI IN. (NOT HDMI ARC)
    6. XB1S Video set to 4K UHD.
    7. XB1S Audio set to ATMOS.
    *Most importantly, XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) DOES NOT GO TO TV, BUT GOES TO Sound bar IN! XB1S HDMI IN Should NOT BE USED!
  6. ANTIMunky123 Win User

Blu-Ray player

System sound and game sound work normally, Blu-ray/DVDs don't work on either sound or just tv. I also tested it on my other 4k tv an no sound for Blu-ray/DVDs.
Thema:

1. : No sound on tv - Similar Threads - sound

2. My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound: So I went to turn on my Xbox series x and it won't turn on but I hear this ringing noise from inside my console if anybody have any idea to fix this I'll appreciate I read some things online about...
  3. Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers: I just bought the x series 5 days ago and from the beginning I have never had any sound through the TV. Tried multiple times to change hdmi, restart the TV and Xbox. Nothing. On the audio...
  4. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  5. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  6. Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x: Was in the middle of racing a game all of a sudden. The sound just went out. All other games and apps work fine can hear in game chat from other people. But no engine sound, no nothing. No TV...
  7. My sound on my Xbox won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sound on my Xbox won't work: When i turn on the Xbox it seams like my TV is on mute but its not Idk what's wrong with it 8ee52d37-429c-4e04-a245-2546aca48f30
  8. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  9. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  10. Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring: Has anyone been having intermittent sound stuttering lately? For at least a month and a half in any game, app or movie there is occasional stutter/choppiness with the sound. I'm on a LG C2,...