No sound on captures Xbox series S recordings

Discus and support No sound on captures Xbox series S recordings in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, Since I use and bought Dolby Atmos for my headset the sound is amazing! I did notice that in my 720p recordings there is no sound at al?! This... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by wittevloei, Nov 16, 2022.

1. wittevloei
    wittevloei Guest

Hello,

Since I use and bought Dolby Atmos for my headset the sound is amazing! I did notice that in my 720p recordings there is no sound at al?! This was not before. How can I fix this?

Example of my capture:

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/4JTFNA7A7M

I'm used to make a lot of clips for internet but it does need sound!

Thanks!

:)

wittevloei, Nov 16, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

wittevloei, try performing this reset below.

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

If the error persists, try disabling Dolby to test.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. Onion Sausages Win User

Game captures

Are you referring to the limit on the Series X/S?

In the Settings menu on your console, select Preferences, and find and select Capture & Share. This allows you to change the recording length, resolution, capture location etc. Changing these allow you to get up to 3 mins of recording.
  4. Kiran Kumar3 Win User

My tv supports 4k and display resolution is set to 4k HDR, but i am not able to record 4k gameplay videos. The high I can capture is 1080p resolution there is no option for 4k recording

I am using xbox series s, i see in the box it says it supports 4k gaming, so this means it will not support 4k recording but will support 4k gaming display. I am able to play games in 4k but not able to record them.

I am not using any capture card for recordings
  5. iTsFx Win User

Equipments for the recording such as Gaming, etc

If you're having trouble hearing your voice in recorded game footage, it's likely that you need to use an external microphone to capture your audio. The Xbox Series S controller has a built-in microphone, but it may not be sensitive enough to pick up your voice clearly during gameplay.

To record your voice, you can use a headset with a built-in microphone or a standalone microphone. A popular choice for gaming content creators is the Blue Yeti microphone, which offers high-quality audio recording and a variety of settings for different recording scenarios.

Once you have a microphone set up, you can adjust the audio settings in the Xbox Series S settings menu to ensure that your voice is being recorded. Make sure that the "Capture party audio" and "Capture microphone audio" settings are both turned on.

If you're still having trouble hearing your voice in recorded game footage after trying these steps, it's possible that there may be a technical issue with your console or recording software. In that case, you may want to reach out to Xbox or the software provider for further assistance.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

How do you enable game and party chat in captures in the xbox siries S

Hi ThemisTK, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

The Xbox Series S uses the same system as the Xbox Series X, but, voice recording in video capture is not an enabled feature due to privacy concerns.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. No sound on captures Xbox series S recordings - Similar Threads - sound captures series

2. My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound: So I went to turn on my Xbox series x and it won't turn on but I hear this ringing noise from inside my console if anybody have any idea to fix this I'll appreciate I read some things online about...
  3. Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers: I just bought the x series 5 days ago and from the beginning I have never had any sound through the TV. Tried multiple times to change hdmi, restart the TV and Xbox. Nothing. On the audio...
  4. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  5. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  6. Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x: Was in the middle of racing a game all of a sudden. The sound just went out. All other games and apps work fine can hear in game chat from other people. But no engine sound, no nothing. No TV...
  7. My sound on my Xbox won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sound on my Xbox won't work: When i turn on the Xbox it seams like my TV is on mute but its not Idk what's wrong with it 8ee52d37-429c-4e04-a245-2546aca48f30
  8. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  9. Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All": Hello, I am using Windows 11 and took a video using Windows Game Bar. I could hear audio the entire time I took the capture, and capturing settings were set to "All" yet the video has no sound....
  10. New Safety Feature - Sounds great but you need to change capture settings in 1080p or lower...

in XboX Insiders
    New Safety Feature - Sounds great but you need to change capture settings in 1080p or lower...: So the new chat reporting feature is brilliant and hopefully will work against a lot of toxicity in some games, however the downside is we need capture settings to be on 1080p or lower to use it....