No sound in the main menu.

Discus and support No sound in the main menu. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So my friend gave me his copy of the halo 4, claiming that there's no sound in main menu. I thought it was his xbox since he's been ranting about... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SlantEyeMenace, Jan 14, 2014.

1. No sound in the main menu.

So my friend gave me his copy of the halo 4, claiming that there's no sound in main menu. I thought it was his xbox since he's been ranting about having various issues with different games.

Guess what? I got the same issue. There's no sound in the menus. MP, Campaign, SA, they all work fine with the sound.

When i insert disc 2 is the only time i hear the menu sound. So i thought it had to do something with the play disc. As it turns out, there was a light circular scratch on the disc. I can't even install the play disc now.

So is getting another copy my only option here?

:)

SlantEyeMenace, Jan 14, 2014
  2. M2PRO4U
    M2PRO4U Guest
    Halo 4 Sound Issues

Same problem but it's just the campaign that has no sound, the main menu and multiplayer but not the campaign

M2PRO4U, Jan 14, 2014
  3. MickH74
    MickH74 Guest
    5.1 sound not working in main menu

Dear all,

I have my XBox One S connected to a Yamaha RX-V383 AV-Receiver by HDMI, went through all settings and 5.1 sound works fine in games. However, when I am in the main menu, only the rear speaker sound is on while the 3 speakers in the front are quite.

I have tried all "sound toubleshooting guides" and also tried all sound options in the audio/video and TV/AV menu. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

BR,

Michael

MickH74, Jan 14, 2014
  4. M2PRO4U Win User

Halo 4 Sound Issues

Same problem but it's just the campaign that has no sound, the main menu and multiplayer but not the campaign
  5. VanderGR1607 Win User

Main Menu

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
  6. Jay Kucera Win User

Certain games on my Xbox series x launch with no sound

How is there NO solution? I started noticing this earlier this week. It’s completely random. Sometimes it’s newer games, sometimes older. Pretty much every time this occurs, a game will load with no sound followed by no sound in the menu. But as long as a different game works with sound, so does the Home menu. The main menu then almost never has any sound. Multiple resets seem to help temporarily.

I see loads of people reporting this and NO real reaction from MS. What is this?
  7. Miss Portia Win User

Disconnectin at main menu

Hey there Chur - this shouldn't require a new membership. :) Have you tried clearing your console's cache? This can be performed by following the instructions here:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache
  8. KingHurriKane97 Win User

Freezing On The Main Menu

I doubt it will get repaired, because it's from 2008, and there have been 2 games after it, and soon to be a third. Plus, it's coming close to the end of the Xbox 360's life span.
Thema:

No sound in the main menu.

1. No sound in the main menu. - Similar Threads - sound main menu

2. My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound: So I went to turn on my Xbox series x and it won't turn on but I hear this ringing noise from inside my console if anybody have any idea to fix this I'll appreciate I read some things online about...
  3. Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers: I just bought the x series 5 days ago and from the beginning I have never had any sound through the TV. Tried multiple times to change hdmi, restart the TV and Xbox. Nothing. On the audio...
  4. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  5. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  6. Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x: Was in the middle of racing a game all of a sudden. The sound just went out. All other games and apps work fine can hear in game chat from other people. But no engine sound, no nothing. No TV...
  7. My sound on my Xbox won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sound on my Xbox won't work: When i turn on the Xbox it seams like my TV is on mute but its not Idk what's wrong with it 8ee52d37-429c-4e04-a245-2546aca48f30
  8. Can hear any sound on main screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can hear any sound on main screen: go into a game and theres soung ,soon i go to dashboard of the series x i have no sound 95cd80f3-2edd-49aa-9e88-65100c50e77e
  9. 5.1 sound not working in main menu

in XBoX on Consoles
    5.1 sound not working in main menu: Dear all, I have my XBox One S connected to a Yamaha RX-V383 AV-Receiver by HDMI, went through all settings and 5.1 sound works fine in games. However, when I am in the main menu, only the rear...
  10. Loss of all sound on main Home screen but works everywhere else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loss of all sound on main Home screen but works everywhere else: Last night i booted my X1 from post (green splash) Once the system had loaded it had trouble with signing me in, I also noticed that there seemingly was no sound. So i tested my connection and...