No sound chat headset

Discus and support No sound chat headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last night my brother and I spent one hour trying to communicate via XboxOne chat headset we have checked the Privacy settings for "Others can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RifleBrigade, Jan 1, 2016.

1. RifleBrigade
    RifleBrigade Guest

No sound chat headset

Last night my brother and I spent one hour trying to communicate via XboxOne chat headset we have checked the Privacy settings for "Others can communicate with voice and text" and they are set to friends, so should be okay, I even tried some Turtle Beach
    420X and still silence.

To test network settings we went over to our PS4's and perfect, up and talking in 2 minutes.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

RifleBrigade, Jan 1, 2016
  2. xbox one headsets

okay also I have updated all 3 controllers to work with stereo headset adapter......now I get no chat sound out of the chat headset even if all other controllers are off. does the chat headset no longer function with the new update?????????

LateDistress929, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Television Audio Through Xbox One Headset

If you are talking about the Chat headset, that comes with Xbox One, then No. If you are talking about Stereo Headset, with an Stereo Headset Adapter. then Yes. Using the Stereo Headset Adapter give to both Chat and Game sound to the headset. If you TV,
    is connected to the Xbox, your TV sound, will go to the headset.

RobertSchweitzer, Jan 1, 2016
  4. xLink86
    xLink86 Guest

No sound chat headset

Because Xbox and PS4 use different ports for their chat network that would be why one works and the other doesn't . What are your NAT types like on your systems?

xLink86, Jan 1, 2016
  5. zZzDarknezZz
    zZzDarknezZz Guest
    Updated controller? In Settings > Devices > Controller there's an update for chat issues.

zZzDarknezZz, Jan 1, 2016
  6. RifleBrigade
    RifleBrigade Guest
    In reply to questions

1. Nat Type: Open

2. Controllers have been updated

RifleBrigade, Oct 31, 2018
  7. NewBlacksmurf Win User

headset problem

Is the chat sound turn up on your headset...usually TB headset allow you to control both game volume and chat volume...It sounds like you've turned up game and down chat.

What TB Headset are u using?
  8. RobertSchweitzer Win User

Television Audio Through Xbox One Headset

If you are talking about the Chat headset, that comes with Xbox One, then No. If you are talking about Stereo Headset, with an Stereo Headset Adapter. then Yes. Using the Stereo Headset Adapter give to both Chat and Game sound to the headset. If you TV,
    is connected to the Xbox, your TV sound, will go to the headset.
  9. Shadow Chief 3 Win User

Will there be a fully wireless surround sound headset for Xbox One?

THANK YOU FOR AN ANSWER!

So from the sounds of it the best bet is a headset that has the desired sound specs that likely plugs into the xbox but then broadcasts to the headset (game/system sound wireless) but chat sound/chat capabilities is direct from the controller (headset adapter)?

If that is correct the A50s sound like the logical choice correct? Or is there another option?
  10. smogman666 Win User

Turtle Beach X41 - Volume Issue

"Good" to read, because i ve exactly the same issue with exactly the same headset. This headset is plugged into the optical audio port (sound) and into the stereo headset adapter, too (chat).

Chat is full at full volume and the sound at minimum. Nevertheless chat is only to hear when outside of action (BF4) and sound is so loud that you might think your head will explode! :/
  11. Norrissa Win User

Voice through TV

The chat headset (one ear piece) allows for game chat only but the stereo headset (two ear pieces) allow for both game sound and game chat.
Thema:

No sound chat headset

1. No sound chat headset - Similar Threads - sound chat headset

2. When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...: Xbox Series X|S can output surround sound such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI with no headset attached. This is great for modern gaming, allowing players to use spatial sound cues (direction...
  3. Unable to use chat headset and HDMI surround sound on OneX and SeriesX

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use chat headset and HDMI surround sound on OneX and SeriesX: How do I use HDMI surround sound (dolby digital or atmos) AND a chat headset attached to my controller? I have Series X connected to LG CX OLED and then audio out from TV to Vizio Atmos Sound bar...
  4. Xbox wireless headset robotic sound on party chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset robotic sound on party chat.: Hello all. Yesterday I got a new Xbox wireless headset, paired with my Series X. I got sound and all good. When my friends joined the party I heard them as if they were robots. Changing the...
  5. Xbox One Chat Headset (First gen) picking up sound but not picking up my audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Chat Headset (First gen) picking up sound but not picking up my audio: I have the original left ear chat headset for the xbox one. Everything was working fine until yesterday when my friends couldn’t hear me when i was speaking in game and on party but i could hear...
  6. Xbox Party chat / Headset sound mutes, can't hear game or party members, they can hear me.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Party chat / Headset sound mutes, can't hear game or party members, they can hear me.: As title says. It's super annoying and happens onc every few minutes, have to unplug-replug the headset to fix the issue. Using an Elite 2 Controller and whichever test ring is needed for the...
  7. Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this?: Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this? 7d80fa03-30d1-4e7e-be51-e0d4e5329546
  8. No game sound in headset, recon 50, new, only party chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game sound in headset, recon 50, new, only party chat.: Can hear thru tv. Not headset. 9e069820-6257-4c4f-b79d-dbc4d8166798
  9. Headset picks up party chat but not game sound!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset picks up party chat but not game sound!: Need advice on how to get game sound to my headset. Party chat works perfectly fine, however, game and dashboard sound are coming out of the TV still. I am using Turtle Beach Recon 50X and tried...
  10. Surround sound and chat from headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surround sound and chat from headset: Does anyone know if there are still problems with the xbox one and the chat/surround sound functions of headsets? I recently got an xbox one and I want a surround sound headset. It seems the...