No Sound at all on Dashboard or System

Discus and support No Sound at all on Dashboard or System in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've checked everything twice or more, running through Hauppauge PVR2 was working fine two days ago, now absolutely NO Sound, Audio, Noise from my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FuneralWall361, Jan 7, 2016.

1. No Sound at all on Dashboard or System

I've checked everything twice or more, running through Hauppauge PVR2 was working fine two days ago, now absolutely NO Sound, Audio, Noise from my system at all. When I power up and go into preferences, voice and everything below it is not highlighted and
    can't access or change to play through headset, play through both or anything.

:)

FuneralWall361, Jan 7, 2016
  2. blueamcat
    blueamcat Guest
    No Sound at all

Hey there! That is definitely frustrating! Try what's in this link here first,

support.xbox.com/.../improve-audio-quality

And also, try hooking up another HDMI device into that same slot on your TV to see if that works. (If you have one)

Slight chance it could be the TVs HDMI port not working correctly, or even the cable itself. Do you have another HDMI cable you could test as well?

blueamcat, Jan 7, 2016
  3. DummyCoast2
    DummyCoast2 Guest
    No Sound at all

I have the new xbox 360 and it worked fine the other week but today, it has no sound..It has a beautiful picture but absolutly no sound. It is hooked with HDMI cable. The audio works fine with the TV and otherwise but just not the xbox. Anyone have any suggestions?

DummyCoast2, Jan 7, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

What happens if you remove the PVR2 from the setup? Does it start working again or still no sound? It would be good to identify whether it's PVR2 or Xbox One that's actually having the issue.

maxen, Jan 7, 2016
  5. I have tried removing PVR2 from setup and hooking the system up traditionally through a monitor... something weird going on with the system, I'm running a wireless headset (trutlebeach earforce px3) all hooked up fine. In preferences section the VOICE section
    won't even high light. or anything below it for that matter... I'm going to try and switch out the HDMI cable but don't anticipate that being a problem due to the fact that the video coming through is fine...

6. I hooked the entire 360 system to another tv and the sound is there, so, upon further review, I'm going to deduct that it's something to do with the Hauppauge PVR2. Which doesn't surprise me because it hasn't worked properly since it's purchase... Buyer
    beware I guess!!!

7. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    Update your HDPVR2 drivers. Make sure that your passthrough is configured properly in Hauppage capture/Streemeez. (Frankly, don't use Happauge Capture. Use Streemeez to configure your audio and video inputs and passthroughs.) Don't blame the hardware when
    you don't have it configured properly. The HDMI signal carries both audio and video. If the handshake is made, everything is there. If it isn't, then you see nothing.

Irixion, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Irixion Win User

Update your HDPVR2 drivers. Make sure that your passthrough is configured properly in Hauppage capture/Streemeez. (Frankly, don't use Happauge Capture. Use Streemeez to configure your audio and video inputs and passthroughs.) Don't blame the hardware when
    you don't have it configured properly. The HDMI signal carries both audio and video. If the handshake is made, everything is there. If it isn't, then you see nothing.
  9. FuneralWall361 Win User

I have tried removing PVR2 from setup and hooking the system up traditionally through a monitor... something weird going on with the system, I'm running a wireless headset (trutlebeach earforce px3) all hooked up fine. In preferences section the VOICE section
    won't even high light. or anything below it for that matter... I'm going to try and switch out the HDMI cable but don't anticipate that being a problem due to the fact that the video coming through is fine...
  10. FuneralWall361 Win User

I hooked the entire 360 system to another tv and the sound is there, so, upon further review, I'm going to deduct that it's something to do with the Hauppauge PVR2. Which doesn't surprise me because it hasn't worked properly since it's purchase... Buyer
    beware I guess!!!
  11. maxen Win User

What happens if you remove the PVR2 from the setup? Does it start working again or still no sound? It would be good to identify whether it's PVR2 or Xbox One that's actually having the issue.
  12. Rusbr Masas Win User

Xbox 360 and Digital Optical Audio

Hi,

I reinstalled the latest version of the dashboard (v2.0.16203.0) and attempted to play audio via Digital Stereo when directly connected to the Sound Bar. Unfortunately, not all system sounds played.

I then set the 360 to output Dolby Digital, and played the audio through my TV (avoiding the direct connection to the Sound Bar). Again, not all system sounds played.

Thanks again for the suggestions. It's too bad that none of them did the trick.
Thema:

1. No Sound at all on Dashboard or System - Similar Threads - Sound Dashboard System

2. No sound on XBOX X dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No sound on XBOX X dashboard: . I have in game sound but not on dashboard. I have tried system reset and still no sound. 733a320e-8f13-4bbb-9ccf-f5b7be3305d7
  3. Audio Bug (No sound for games only dashboard) fix!!

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Bug (No sound for games only dashboard) fix!!: There has been an ongoing Bug where either in-game audio or dashboard audio is not working (plays no sound). This is a Bug with HDR10, and disabling HDR10 in the settings will fix the sound issue....
  4. Sound issue on ingame,apps,dashboard

in XboX Insiders
    Sound issue on ingame,apps,dashboard: I am having issues on my series X. Been going on for a few weeks but doesn’t seem to be getting better. I use a turtle beach headset, before anyone asks the headset and controller are updated. I...
  5. Dashboard has no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dashboard has no sound: After downloading Commandos 3, I lost sound on my dashboard. The in game sound works but not for game previews, movies or menu sound. I have a series X. 18f79af3-19f7-465a-b4b9-0d2846e66479
  6. Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else: Just like it says I have no sound in game but I have sound on dashboard and watching trailers. I also noticed while in game when I push the X on controller it doesnt make sound unless I am on the...
  7. Xbox Dashboard Menu Sound Toggle request

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dashboard Menu Sound Toggle request: Why can we not turn off the menu sounds on the Xbox Dashboard? Makes no sense unless you're purposely trying to annoy your own customers. Every time I move the cursor with the controller it makes...
  8. Dashboard sound effects on my Series S are acting weird

in XBoX on Windows
    Dashboard sound effects on my Series S are acting weird: Today my Xbox has been acting weird, when I press the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the guide, instead of getting the normal sound effect I get 2 different sound effects at the same...
  9. No sound in apps. Flix, Walt or youtubes. Alpha Insider here. Wait nothing on the dashboard...

in XboX Insiders
    No sound in apps. Flix, Walt or youtubes. Alpha Insider here. Wait nothing on the dashboard...: Party's aren't working as well. submitted by /u/Nabu_Gamer [link] [comments]
  10. Sound effects on Xbox One dashboard: it is just me or it is a mess?

in XboX Insiders
    Sound effects on Xbox One dashboard: it is just me or it is a mess?: I just want to vent about this to discover if this is a particular issue or it happens with other ppl as well. I have reported this issue several times, but seems it never gets fixed. The sound...