No sound and Kinect set up prompt every time I turn on console

Discus and support No sound and Kinect set up prompt every time I turn on console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Just this past week my console has been acting up: Every time I turn on my console, I get no sound and I get the prompt asking me if I want to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Magz DefMallard, Aug 16, 2014.

1. No sound and Kinect set up prompt every time I turn on console

Hi,

Just this past week my console has been acting up: Every time I turn on my console, I get no sound and I get the prompt asking me if I want to set up my Kinect. My console is set up to output audio via bitstream b/c I use A/V receiver. Video is fine and
    if I do a hard reset everything goes back to normal.

Has as anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks,

Brian

:)

Magz DefMallard, Aug 16, 2014
  2. PA77ULY
    PA77ULY Guest
    Xbox one FAQ - check here first

Is it possible to Auto sign in as I have to manually sign in every time I turn the console on (I've not currently set Kinect up btw)?

Cheers.

PA77ULY, Aug 16, 2014
  3. CabbDriver
    CabbDriver Guest
    Console Inconsistently Powering Off Soundbar

I'm having issues with my console not consistently powering off my sound bar. I have a Samsung soundbar (HW-E350) and a 48" Samsung smart TV (5201 series). My kinect is mounted directly on top of my TV with no obstructions to either the TV, console, soundbar,
    or the kinect itself. The soundbar sits directly below my TV screen. I just recently upgraded to this TV from a smaller 32" Samsung. I had the 32" for a couple years before upgrading. It seems as though this issue has surfaced once I got the new TV. The power-up
    settings on my console are set to turn the TV on and toggle the audio receiver when the xbox turns on. When the xbox turns off it's set to turn off my TV and toggle the audio receiver. I have no problems with powering any of it on. Everything boots up simultaneously.
    But about once every 3-4 times I shut down the console the soundbar will remain on while the xbox and TV are successful at powering off. I then have to turn off the sound bar individually. I also made sure to have the Anynet setting on my TV disabled so it
    wouldn't interfere with anything. I'm not sure why it's been so inconsistent lately. Any tips?

CabbDriver, Aug 16, 2014
  4. BlunterLotus
    BlunterLotus Guest

TRY A HARD RESET HOLD DOWN THE XBOX POWER BUTTON FOR 10 SECOND WHEN TURNING IT ON THEN TURN IT ON AGAIN HOPE THIS HELPS.

BlunterLotus, Aug 17, 2014
  5. The OP (original poster) has already said that they have done a hard reset, which makes your post redundant, Blunter.

Galactic Geek, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

The OP (original poster) has already said that they have done a hard reset, which makes your post redundant, Blunter.
  7. BlunterLotus Win User

TRY A HARD RESET HOLD DOWN THE XBOX POWER BUTTON FOR 10 SECOND WHEN TURNING IT ON THEN TURN IT ON AGAIN HOPE THIS HELPS.
  8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Cox Contour (Record 6) Receiver Issues

Weird. I can't say for sure what it is... Is it consistent with not having the sound every time you turn on your console? Do you have your console set to Instant On still?
  9. Viicarious317 Win User

Xbox One Kinect no longer works and my games either freeze or no sound after update

I had the same issue but with the kinect and no sound on titanfall beta. Got it resolved heres what I did hope it works for you guys.

I went to the kinect settings turned off the kinect then power down the console. After that I unplugged the xbox one from the power source to completely dump the memory or what not. Plugged it back in turned on the xbox and you should see the xbox green
    screen with the same xbox start up sound as the 360 had. Loaded titanfall beta and had sound and everything. Happy gaming!
  10. Spyroman12 Win User

Xbox One turning on by itself all the time

The OP could also change the power settings on the console. The Kinect has sensitive ears, and if you say anything that sounds like Kinect in your sleep, it will turn on...JK JK, but just change the power settings on the console. Hopefully that will help
    your console
Thema:

1. No sound and Kinect set up prompt every time I turn on console - Similar Threads - sound Kinect set

2. my XBOX ONE kinect won't turn on and is making a buzzing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    my XBOX ONE kinect won't turn on and is making a buzzing sound: I have had this kinect for a while now but a few days ago it just stopped working. I am 80% sure that the power brick is fine, and when I plug in the kinect to PC / XBOX the kinect connected...
  3. X360 Kinect issues with calibrating the sound (wants to recalibrate everytime after restart)

in XBoX on Consoles
    X360 Kinect issues with calibrating the sound (wants to recalibrate everytime after restart): Soooo, got myself a Kinect, and an X360 like 6-8 years ago, brand new from a retail-shop, no modding, no misusing. I discovered at the beginning that it wants to recalibrate the sound everytime i...
  4. Amazon Sound bar isn't able to work with my Kinect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Amazon Sound bar isn't able to work with my Kinect.: So I recently purchased an Amazon Basics soundbar on the recent Prime Day. It sounds decent enough in my living room, but I'm trying to make it compatible with the Xbox One and it's just not...
  5. Kinect causing stuttering of sound when streaming via twitch app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect causing stuttering of sound when streaming via twitch app: when streaming to twitch if you have kinect plugged into your xbox one it causes stuttering on the stream. the video is fine but the audio is not. i have now unplugged kinect and its working fine...
  6. Kinect sound test fails (Xbox One)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect sound test fails (Xbox One): I have sound through the TV speakers when I play games. When I give verbal commands, the Xbox responds appropriately, but when I do the Kinect setup, it does not play the sounds and then says...
  7. No Sound. Or Kinect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Sound. Or Kinect.: Hey. I'm gonna keep troubleshooting with my system, but here's the current situation: First off, my Xbox turned off during watching a movie on Netflix. This has been a widespread problem that...
  8. How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat?: FROCED to use kinect for fhat after 2 new mics barely used have already broken, thanks Xbox fir that, but i have not found yet the setting to turn off game sound so i can ACTUALLY HEAR what...
  9. Xbox1 has no sound, can't play discs/certain apps. Kinect drops in/out. I need some ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 has no sound, can't play discs/certain apps. Kinect drops in/out. I need some ...: For the last 2 weeks my Xbox One has had no sound, with the Kinect randomly dropping in and out. In fact, it seems to not register any cables plugged into it other than the power cable. When I pop...
  10. Kinect sound and speech!,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect sound and speech!,: Hi all I've set up my kinect for speech and to use as the microphone. But online I cannot hear anybody or speak to anybody. Am I missing something! Is there something I'm not doing...