no reading disk issue (amazed)

Discus and support no reading disk issue (amazed) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all our brand new xbox1 has developed the 'no disc read' issue after installing an update we have had to organize to send this brand new unit... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TouringZebra526, Jan 25, 2015.

1. no reading disk issue (amazed)

Hello all

our brand new xbox1 has developed the 'no disc read' issue after installing an update

we have had to organize to send this brand new unit back much to our disgust

it amazes me after going threw just a few pages on this forum that customer service is advising out of warranty units need to pay $140 or so to have the problem repaired

the problem was caused by them and they are asking little kids who dont know any better to pay to have it fixed (this is bad)

xbox1 should come forward and take ownership of this issue and repair all effected units free of charge

anyone who is being asked to pay for this fix, warranty or no warranty should contact consumer affairs and also the ombudsman and file a complaint

[Mod removed]

xbox1 you got rules that we must accept when we click the box

well we (consumers) got rules to and your breaking them

man up xbox1 or step aside

:)

TouringZebra526, Jan 25, 2015
  2. Reading Disks

Optical drive is failing and needs to be serviced.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 25, 2015
  3. beastogb
    beastogb Guest
    Reading Disks

My xbox 360 s will play disks but after a while a message pops up saying the disk is unreadable. I have tried this with several different games and it still does it. Any suggestions?

beastogb, Jan 25, 2015
  4. no reading disk issue (amazed)

Well it seems that a mod in his/her wisdom has decided that you the consumer don't deserve to see a link to consumer affairs or the ombudsman

Quite strange really

So if you need to contact the ombudsman or consumer affairs

Simply Google it

Do not agree to pay for a disc read repair that was caused by their update

Ours and everyone's xbox1 were working just fine prior to their update

My son has a ps4 we have had no issues and he has about $700 worth of games

A update should be vigorously tested before it is released

TouringZebra526, Jan 26, 2015
  5. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there TouringZebra526. I’m truly sorry to hear about any inconveniences this may have caused. As this is a support forum, if you would like to pursue legal action then we will not be able to assist further. For more information, please visit our
    Legal and Corporate Affairs page. If you would like to continue troubleshooting, please feel encouraged to start a new thread and we will be happy to assist you there.

Miss Diggz, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there TouringZebra526. I’m truly sorry to hear about any inconveniences this may have caused. As this is a support forum, if you would like to pursue legal action then we will not be able to assist further. For more information, please visit our
    Legal and Corporate Affairs page. If you would like to continue troubleshooting, please feel encouraged to start a new thread and we will be happy to assist you there.
  7. TouringZebra526 Win User

Well it seems that a mod in his/her wisdom has decided that you the consumer don't deserve to see a link to consumer affairs or the ombudsman

Quite strange really

So if you need to contact the ombudsman or consumer affairs

Simply Google it

Do not agree to pay for a disc read repair that was caused by their update

Ours and everyone's xbox1 were working just fine prior to their update

My son has a ps4 we have had no issues and he has about $700 worth of games

A update should be vigorously tested before it is released
  8. Nursemorph Win User

Disk reading issues

Well, according to Microsoft:

"Game discs for the Xbox console are not coded to regions"

So, on that basis, game discs from another region shouldn't make a difference (it would be different if they were movie discs)

If the drive is simply not recognising there is a disc inserted, then it may be the particular laser diode thingy is malfunctioning....the Xbox has 2 diodes: One for reading DVD discs and one for reading Blu-Ray discs. If the games are Blu-Ray discs, try playing a Blu-Ray movie disc (if you have one to hand)...if it plays fine, then the Laser Diode is working and it's something else
  9. Nursemorph Win User

Disk reading issues

Have had a quick look at my 3 disc games (one Xbox One, 2 Xbox 360) and, yes, the XB1 disc has 2 rings there.

However, on the picture side of the disc, there is a silver ring around the hole...on Xbox 360 games, you will see XBox 360 in the Silver area or Xbox One depending on the platform
  10. stephaniedavenport1 Win User

Disk reading issues

Just to add these discs are xbox one games to all have difrent some have the 2 ring codes and some have 1 ring barcodes and the ones that have the 1 barcodes don't work but are definitely xbox one games and a lot are bought from shop as have just gone through massive collection of games and found more that do not work that I have not played in a while.
Thema:

1. no reading disk issue (amazed) - Similar Threads - reading disk issue

2. xbox series x does not read disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x does not read disk: unable to play games from disk . I have done everything but a factory reset.does the blu ray reader go bad? 182a1bca-85b2-4b5c-b31c-60efe3590c86
  3. Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!: (Xbox one) o I recently have purchased gta 5 and ea fc 24, yet when I insert the disk, the Xbox doesn’t even read them, it won’t even load the game or give the option to install, and when I load...
  4. Xbox series X reading Forza horizon 1 disk as Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X reading Forza horizon 1 disk as Blu-ray: Copy and paste post from another person with the same issue that got no answers: tried installing forza horizon with a disc on my Xbox series X as it is now backwards compatible. insert the disc...
  5. My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?: Today (12th November, 2023), trying to play games on disks, however, my Xbox One is not reading any of them. The common error I get is: Check your disc Your disc may be dirty or damaged. Try...
  6. EaFC24 Won't Read disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EaFC24 Won't Read disk: Hi, Bought our son FC24 for birthday, put it in today and console won't read the disk. Tried other games and they read OK, even tried the game on other sons console and that one reads it and...
  7. my Xbox one X does not wants to read specific disks

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox one X does not wants to read specific disks: I recently upgraded from xbox one original to xbox one x so basically sense i upgraded i noticed to the xbox one x flat out refuses to read specific disks but reads any other disks i have. those...
  8. My Xbox series x isn't reading any old xbox disks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x isn't reading any old xbox disks: My xbox series x won't read any disks other than xbox one disk such as xbox 360 disks or original xbox disks 0c84cf5e-0e50-4b1a-8836-ed195201b4ad
  9. My Doom Eternal (Battlemode) disk is not reading but I can still fully load up the game,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Doom Eternal (Battlemode) disk is not reading but I can still fully load up the game,...: I wasn't really able to find any definite answer online and I am just trying to figure out if I need to buy the game again. It cemetery loads up and connects to bethesda.net but I still don't...
  10. Disk read error 21.0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk read error 21.0: Does anyone know how to fix this? Tried everything, power cycle, uninstalled the game and reinstalled, tried another disk in the system and they work f0638deb-ff31-468e-a3b9-174f27667ff4